Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427e.pdf

Switch: 2.74 million units shipped
Zelda: 3.84 million (2.76 Switch, 1.08 Wii U)
Pokémon Sun & Moon: 15.44 million

Kirby: Planet Robobot: 1.36 million
Super Mario Maker 3DS: 2.34 million

3DS over 66 million.

Genyo Takeda is also retiring at the end of june. End of an era. 

They're forecasting 10 million Switches sold for the upcoming fiscal year (April '17 - Mar '18). 

First party release schedule remains the same. 

Had a switch since day one, Loving it.

Been playing the hell out of Zelda, Took part in the Splatoon 2 Test Fire thingy, Having a heck of fun with the Puyo Puyo Tertris demo and looking very much forward to playing Mario Kart 8 tomorrow.

Seeing them sell that much with only 1 real game.  a few. Few indies and bomberman the numbers are impressive. But they also hyped it much more than the u

photo2l.jpg

Welp, 3DS is definitely not going anywhere. 

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170428_2e.pdf

No live press conference at E3 this year. Looks like another digital event. More details soon. 

1-2-Switch, which was also released at the same
time as Nintendo Switch, is likewise on track to ship
one million units very soon.

The download-only title Snipperclips ‑ Cut it out,
together! was developed over a short period by an
indie developer. Its boisterous play style that gets
people working together has been highly praised,
and it has already been downloaded over 350
thousand times worldwide.

Third-party publishers have also had a strong start
for their software releases. Among these, Nintendo
shipped over 500,000 units of Konami Digital
Entertainment's SUPER BOMBERMAN R in March;

less than a month since the release of Nintendo
Switch.

I really want to play 1-2-Switch, but absolutely refuse to pay even £30 for a glorified tech demo. Is there anything else out there that does a good job of showcasing HD rumble? My Switch library currently includes BotW, Master Blaster Zero, Bomberman R, and Snake Pass (Mario Kart should be arriving with the post today). At best, these games have really strong vibrations but nothing about it feels like ice cubes in a glass of water.

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Je06TO8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is currently the best selling game of 2017. 

On Amazon.com.

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

On Amazon.com.

Still great news all around, hope it keeps up. 

11 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I really want to play 1-2-Switch, but absolutely refuse to pay even £30 for a glorified tech demo. Is there anything else out there that does a good job of showcasing HD rumble? My Switch library currently includes BotW, Master Blaster Zero, Bomberman R, and Snake Pass (Mario Kart should be arriving with the post today). At best, these games have really strong vibrations but nothing about it feels like ice cubes in a glass of water.

Also, Blaster Master Zero reportedly has the best use of HD rumble at the moment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm, really? There so instances of left and right Joy-Con vibrating independently depending on the direction they're facing, and there's one moment in the intro cutscene which kind of feels like an engine revving up and zooming off. That's your lot though. For the most part, it's just excessively loud and strong rumble that's almost a bit distracting.

It feels like there's a huge discrepancy between the HD Rumble for people. Some people (even those skeptical of it beforehand, I should add) are really impressed by it and how subtle it feels, some don't notice it whatsoever, and others say it's loud and annoying... surely it can't be all those things at once, can it?

In my case it's loud, and while I have played 1-2-Switch and can "feel the marbles" or milk travelling through the controller, it never feels tactile enough to be the real thing, and feels like basic phone tech in every other game. Not on the same level as Apple's taptic engine, which the tech is supposed to be an exact replica of.

But on the other hand, some people said the effects they felt in Splatoon's testfire were fantastic, with splats happening in proximity to the player on the controller somehow... but I never felt a thing, tbh, even with the most basic of rumble...???

I almost want to see if it's a problem with my switch for the latter, or joycons for the former, when I send it in to get the foam squares installed on the joycons with the warranty... (holding off just in case a new dock design is made, so that I can include the bent dock as a fault, too) but I dunno. Could be lower-quality rumble packs, could be firmware related, but there's definitely something not right here, imo.

38 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Hm, really? There so instances of left and right Joy-Con vibrating independently depending on the direction they're facing, and there's one moment in the intro cutscene which kind of feels like an engine revving up and zooming off. That's your lot though. For the most part, it's just excessively loud and strong rumble that's almost a bit distracting.

Oh, i didn't know of this. There were issues with the Joycons and rumble in that game?

Fast RTX has good HD Rumble from what I heard especially in a sandstorm area. Blaster Master also has a water area that has great use for HD Rumble.

Seems a waste really, the Rabbids have declined in popularity since the Wii era. I'd much rather see Ubisoft working on a multiplatform 3D Rayman game in the style of Rayman 2.

Oh well, maybe if Vivendi succeeds in their takeover of Ubisoft this year we might see some smart business decisions being made.

I'm honestly surprised that sites are reporting her rumors now as she's been dropping tidbits of this game since last week. The idea of Mario crossing over with Rabbids sounds like a dumb idea but all the info we hear just seems so bizarre and interesting that I need to see this

10 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I'm honestly surprised that sites are reporting her rumors now as she's been dropping tidbits of this game since last week. The idea of Mario crossing over with Rabbids sounds like a dumb idea but all the info we hear just seems so bizarre and interesting that I need to see this

Given that she was proven to be 95% correct about the Switch and it's games so far, more sites are comfortable with running her reports. 

5 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Given that she was proven to be 95% correct about the Switch and it's games so far, more sites are comfortable with running her reports. 

There's a certain amount of selection bias going on. People only take about the couple of major predictions she got right and tend to ignore all the little rumours that never really panned out. That's not to she's wrong about the whole weird Rabbids crossover but to treat her as a Nintendo insider vastly mischaracterises the situations.

5 minutes ago, Kintor said:

There's a certain amount of selection bias going on. People only take about the couple of major predictions she got right and tend to ignore all the little rumours that never really panned out. That's not to she's wrong about the whole weird Rabbids crossover but to treat her as a Nintendo insider vastly mischaracterises the situations.

No there isn't, and no it doesn't. She got more right about the system than anyone, including Eurogamer. This is an indisputable fact. She may not always be right, but she is a Nintendo insider based upon the fact that she only reports Nintendo information. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Zippo said:

No there isn't, and no it doesn't. She got more right about the system than anyone, including Eurogamer. This is an indisputable fact. She may not always be right, but she is a Nintendo insider based upon the fact that she only reports Nintendo information. 

Eh, different definition I suppose. To be a Nintendo Insider she'd need to actually work at Nintendo. This is more a favoured media outlet situation; someone inside Nintendo is feeding her information. Whether or not these 'leaks' are authorised by Nintendo PR or the work of a lone employee within the company remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, Kintor said:

Seems a waste really, the Rabbids have declined in popularity since the Wii era. I'd much rather see Ubisoft working on a multiplatform 3D Rayman game in the style of Rayman 2.

Oh well, maybe if Vivendi succeeds in their takeover of Ubisoft this year we might see some smart business decisions being made.

Under Vivendi, Ubisoft will be worse. Right now, they do smaller and more experimental things like the Rayman games or Grow Home, but under Vivendi, they'll most likely have a stronger focus on releasing their biggest brands annually. Right now Ubisoft is improving themselves, but under Vivendi that will have been for naught.

Here's a decent post on Vivendi: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226241031&postcount=101

And, as much as I'd love one, a 3D Rayman game wouldn't be the smart business move, let alone smarter than a Rabbids x Mario crossover.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Interesting link, I hadn't heard the story about the French TV channel before. It certainly does paint Vivendi in a bad light. Although perhaps Ubisoft fans can take heart that a video game publisher is a different business to a TV channel, the same mistakes aren't directly applicable.

Even so, recently there has been an air of inevitably about the whole Vivendi takeover. Ubisoft has seen off takeover bids before but Vivendi is determined this time. The middling success of recent Ubisoft games hasn't helped matters either, as it makes Ubisoft's unhappy shareholders more inclined to support Vivendi when they make a move.