Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

8 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

There is. It was a Japanese price but it translated to around 2 bucks a month.

I'll try and find out where that was.

All I remember is Kimishima telling investors that they were thinking of something in between like $25-$30, but no final price yet.

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

Fair enough.

I don't think there's an official price yet.

There is an anticipated price range for Japan from one of the conferences with the president of Nintendo that's where these numbers come from center ranges about 25 bucks like range from 20 to 30 

This is probably what was being referred to re: pricing http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Consumers/Nintendo-to-equip-Switch-with-upgraded-web-services

It's probably not finalized, but they may go for the mid-range of 2000-3000 yen, and I would think (or hope, rather) prices in other regions will be comparable.

Exactly if anything this will only make the switch that much better. Im giving them my full support on this

I pay for Live Gold and hardly spend any time online, but it's perfect for when free games or deals on games come along thanks to being subscribed. The same can probably be said of Nintendo, especially since I'm much more interested in playing some of those old retro classics, even if just once. [And hopefully when this paid service arrives some better deals arrive]

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Exactly if anything this will only make the switch that much better. Im giving them my full support on this

What? How???

They can use it to improve their online structure. It's a fool's errand to try and defend it as top notch

Funny thing that happened today. I was at Austin–Bergstrom picking up some family from the airport, when I saw some Japanese men walking past me. I did a double take and looked again to make sure i wasn't crazy, and with my own eyes, I saw none other than freaking Kensuke Tanabe himself. For those who don't know, Tanabe is a longtime Nintendo employee and just happens to currently be the Producer of the Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country series. Retro Studios is a 20 minute drive from there. Flying from Kyoto to Austin is no short trip, he's definitely not here for nothing. Connect the dots, and I'm guessing he's here to pay them a visit to see how their Switch game is coming along. Interesting that he's here exactly a month before E3. Could their game almost be ready? Could it be? Not saying this means Metroid or anything, but....

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd say it's a 100% certainty at this point. They've been working on their game since 2013. I would bet serious cash that it's launching this holiday. 

5 hours ago, Zippo said:

I'd say it's a 100% certainty at this point. They've been working on their game since 2013. I would bet serious cash that it's launching this holiday. 

I think Retro is working on two big projects tbh. Whatever they've been working on since TF, and since then they started Metroid Prime 4 back in 2015 or 2016, set for 2018-2019 release. (Tanabe himself said a few years ago that as of E3 2015 MP4 wasn't in development.)

But yeah I'd be shocked if Retro's game isn't at E3.

I have my doubts about Retro doing Metroid Prime 4. From what I've heard, most of the team members that did the original trilogy aren't there anymore. 

I honestly believe Nintendo Software Technology is working on a new Wave Race game. People are going to think I'm crazy, but let's look at the evidence. 

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1308367

NST did the Mario Maker port last year, and then co developed Snipperclips for launch in March. And they're working on one unannounced game. Now take a look at this. 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/wave_race_trademark_spotted_in_europe

This can't be for Virtual Console either, because Nintendo doesn't renew trademarks for rereleased games. NST developed the last game in the series, Blue Storm, during the Gamecube's launch. I strongly believe it's being announced at E3 next month. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The only problem with that. Bandai Namco filed a trademark for Klonoa of the Wind: Dreaming Empire in Japan and all that led to was Empire of Dreams being on Wii U's VC.

http://nintendoeverything.com/namco-bandai-trademarks-empire-of-dreams/

I'm referring to just Nintendo themselves, not sure about third parties. 

17 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I have my doubts about Retro doing Metroid Prime 4. From what I've heard, most of the team members that did the original trilogy aren't there anymore. 

I don't see how that matters. So its a new team. What's the big deal? Retro's games always turn out amazing either way.

3 hours ago, DiamondX Rosé said:

One Piece: Unlimited World Red Deluxe is coming to Switch (and PS4).

Was that one any good or mediocre?

I honestly didn't play it (didn't get into One Piece until way sooner), but it got good rates. (Around 7/10 for most reviews)

Now that One Piece was announced, where is Xenoverse 2?

It's a pretty good action adventure game. If I'm remembering correctly it does have rpg elements too. It had drop in local co-op for previous versions.

Amazing milestone that I'm sure Nintendo is very happy about. The Nintendo Switch debut trailer has hit over 30 million views, making it the most viewed video on Nintendo's channel ever. 

The Super Mario Odessey trailer has hit 21 million views, making it the second most viewed video on Nintendo's channel ever. 

11 hours ago, Zippo said:

Amazing milestone that I'm sure Nintendo is very happy about. The Nintendo Switch debut trailer has hit over 30 million views, making it the most viewed video on Nintendo's channel ever. 

The Super Mario Odessey trailer has hit 21 million views, making it the second most viewed video on Nintendo's channel ever. 

Well I mean it was a new console and one of the only official ways to see it if missed. They got a hype train running atm

Aw man, that Joycon pair looks awesome. Also looks like we're going N64 level number of colors.... I really want a second pair of Joycons and colored ones, but haven't found any yet, and yet am not quite sold on the yellow ones. But by fall I'm going to be more budget constrained, so not sure if I can wait that long :(

I originally wanted the neon colored Joycon switch but with how hard it is to find switches. I got the grey one. That being said I also can't find the neon ones. I wanted the yellow ones but if the sell the green one as a double lack I'll get those