Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

Eh, no. I always thought that the holiday would be overcrowded with both Mario and Pokemon on Switch, but now it's obvious Nintendo isn't letting the 3DS go quite yet, so now I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo goes for two big Switch holiday games this year.  Mario being one, Retro's title being the other.   Obviously, just speculation, but we'll know for sure in a week. 

Looks like the Nintendo E3 spotlight thing will be a half hour long.

Or (hopefully) they just cut the hours of sitting in front of knitted Yoshis or Miyamoto wandering through Japan while talking about something vaguely related to Star Fox and just... focus on games. That would be a very welcome change.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Thigolf said:

Or (hopefully) they just cut the hours of sitting in front of knitted Yoshis or Miyamoto wandering through Japan while talking about something vaguely related to Star Fox and just... focus on games. That would be a very welcome change.

They did that with the directs. Not impossible.

7 minutes ago, Zippo said:

That doesn't....sound good. They really are just focusing on 2017 then. 

Yeah, but it could be rapid fire announcements like the last general Direct we had.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

30 minutes long? How long were past E3 Nintendo videos?

40-50 minutes for the past couple of years. 

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

40-50 minutes for the past couple of years. 

I see. So I am guessing there won't be time for much new things being announced or what?

40 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

I see. So I am guessing there won't be time for much new things being announced or what?

The past couple years (excluding last year of course) had lengthier hands on for each game. If they cut the crap no one wants to see and just do rapidfire "spotlights" for games we know very little info about plus new titles, they can cover a lot of ground in 30 minutes. Plus, its only for Switch as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

I mean, their site says it all:

"Nintendo’s activities at E3 kick off with the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation, featuring a closer look at the Super Mario Odyssey game and new details for Nintendo Switch™ games launching this year."

That doesn't mean new things won't be announced, they're probably will be. But i would not expect a ton of new announcements. 

10 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I mean, their site says it all:

"Nintendo’s activities at E3 kick off with the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation, featuring a closer look at the Super Mario Odyssey game and new details for Nintendo Switch™ games launching this year."

That doesn't mean new things won't be announced, they're probably will be. But i would not expect a ton of new announcements. 

12 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

The past couple years (excluding last year of course) had lengthier hands on for each game. If they cut the crap no one wants to see and just do rapidfire "spotlights" for games we know very little info about plus new titles, they can cover a lot of ground in 30 minutes. Plus, its only for Switch as well.

I am just hoping a Smash Bros game will be announced at E3, and even I am starting to think that is unlikely for some reason.

49 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

I am just hoping a Smash Bros game will be announced at E3, and even I am starting to think that is unlikely for some reason.

I dunno. I still think its very likely to happen but I'm slightly more iffy on it with ARMS, Splatoon 2, and now Pokken being several big online multiplayer games right in a row. Maybe they'll give more time to Smash and have it next year instead, and announce some big single-player titles such as DK (ok sometimes it has co-op), Metroid, and Pikmin.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I can see them announcing it even if it won't release this year 

Smash Bros you mean? I say that could be a possibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, Pokemon is launching on November 17th, the week before black Friday. I'm 99% certain that Mario Odessey will be launching on the same day. Nintendo always releases their big holiday titles the week before black Friday. 

Also, since the current speculation is that the spotlight is only 30 minutes long, there's no reason to panic. Average game reveal from Nintendo now is 3 minutes or so(even less in third party reels), especially since they have multiple days of treehouse to show off the gameplay and dev interviews

Not only that, given how Splatoon, Arms, and Pokken are already getting invitational tournaments, I honestly don't think that you're going to see them in the spotlight at all. I think this is going to be squarely focused on the fall and Holliday lineup. 

5 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Not only that, given how Splatoon, Arms, and Pokken are already getting invitational tournaments, I honestly don't think that you're going to see them in the spotlight at all. I think this is going to be squarely focused on the fall and Holliday lineup. 

Agreed, any new info on those three would be at their tourneys... or EVO

Oh and don't forget it's ONLY Switch games... wonder what Konami has cooking

7 hours ago, KHCast said:

I can see them announcing it even if it won't release this year 

I honestly don't believe Smash gets announced if its not a 2017 game. Metroid Prime 4 is the main thing I see getting announced at E3 for 2018. Smash can be revealed any time and be hype as hell. They don't need to announce it, we know its coming eventually.

Metroid Prime 4 is not releasing in 2017. Tanabe confirmed it wasn't development in 2015 and it would take at least three years. The earliest it can release is 2018. Because people want it so bad, I can see it getting teased and them saying "2018" after they announce a 2D Metroid for 2017. Similar to what they did with Fire Emblem Switch because people have been wanting a home console FE again.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's fake leak time! From 4Chan:

So I've been to LACC recently to do some setup work on E3 (not gonna say what) so there are some things I can tell y'all about Nintendo's showfloor. Sorry no pics cause 1. I was busy 2. Didn't want to get into trouble on the day itself but now that I'm done and I can take advantage of the internet mask of anonymity thought I might as well have some fun. Many people won't believe me (partly because I have a feeling that Ninty fanboys are going to be pretty disappointed about this... denial and all that) but fuck it

First things first not everything was set up so maybe there will be more stuff but I really doubt there's anything major left. And again this is the showfloor so this may not be all they talk about during their direct but it's a safe bet

First things first, no Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4 (although Hey Pikmin is there), Smash Bros, F-Zero (to any fool who still belived nintendo is making more of these), Pokemon Stars. All of these do not exist on the showfloor. Ninty fans hoping for these (and from what I know there are a lot) will be disappointed so don't say you weren't warned

Mario Odyssey is the main highlight as expected. There's statues of Mario holding his sentient cap, the Hat flying machine, Bowser in his pimp costume. Nothing we haven't seen before. The booth is decorated to look like New Donk City and there are like 20+ monitors set up there for the public to play. I didn't get to of course, the switches were not set up there yet. There is a video feed, though, and there is new stuff shown:

1. Mushroom Kingdom appears to be a playable level. Probably the intro level. Other new levels shown are a Haunted Mansion of sorts as well as a sky level with towers

2. Old powerups -- fire flower, starman, propeller hat, cloud hat return, though the powerups themselves are not seen. I suspect they are tied to the Crazy Cap store and the sentient hat this time instead of pickups.

Will continue posting below since I'm hitting the word limit

3. New powerup that seems to give Mario electricity powers exists

4. More footage of existing levels are also shown, but I don't remember anything too interesting. 

Moving on to other booths

ARMS gets a booth as expected. Nothing exciting

Splatoon 2 gets a booth. There is a video feed there too. I haven't played the first one so I can;t really tell if there's anything new. A level with lots of slopes resembling an indoor skate park is shown and there's also a level with floating platforms in like a swimming pool or something.

Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle gets a booth as well. Pretty much what you have seen. Not sure if this has been leaked yet but the player character appears to be a UFO rabbit of sorts commanding the characters around.

Fire Emblem Warriors gets a booth. The mage (Tharja?) from Awakening is playable, as are Marth and Camilla (these are the ones recognised. There are more but I don't think I've ever seen them before)

Pokken Tournament gets a booth

Xenoblade 2 gets a booth. Nothing very interesting, desu, looks like the first one with an anime skin. No idea what the story is,, but the rolling grassy fantasy areas are there alright

Okay now some new switch stuff

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is getting a port. This surprised me since it's supposed to have sold like ass in Japan. Maybe they're trying to escape the wii u's low userbase. No more wii u ports iirc

Pilotwings + Waverace is a new game... set on wuhu island from what I can see and resembles the 3ds pilotwings and wii sports resort jetskiing. Nothing too big, nothing anyone asked for, but it looks pretty fun for casual play

Square Enix's octopath traveller is there, and I've nothing to say about it because it was only half set up. 

Sonic Mania and Forces have booths. There is a new level in Mania that is shown off, reminds me of sky sanctuary but I don't think it is. Forces is, well, forces and I didn't see anything new there. The public will prob get to try the C.C. (tbc below)

(I don't know what the random desu is doing there in the previous post... freudian slip? Anyway moving on)

Monster Hunter XX port is coming. I know it's been announced in Japan but this is the localised version. 3ds and switch versions will both be playable.

Sin and Punishment Angel's Ascent is a new game in the Sin and Punishment series (last one was on the wii I think). Very flashy, looks as if it was developed by Platinum

Skyrim for Nintendo Switch has a booth. Notice how it's not the "legendary edition". Graphics seem to be improved, though, so no idea what this means

Project Mekuru (that low budget panel flipping eshop game) has a booth

Speaking of 3ds, Ever Oasis, Hey Pikmin, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and the new Kirby eshop games will all be playable

There are also tons of indies including Stardew valley and yooka laylee but I don't have anything interesting to say here.

Sorry if that wasn't very interesting or even disppointing, but that is what I saw and what I'll report. Signing off."

16 hours ago, Zippo said:

It's fake leak time! From 4Chan:

So I've been to LACC recently to do some setup work on E3 (not gonna say what) so there are some things I can tell y'all about Nintendo's showfloor. Sorry no pics cause 1. I was busy 2. Didn't want to get into trouble on the day itself but now that I'm done and I can take advantage of the internet mask of anonymity thought I might as well have some fun. Many people won't believe me (partly because I have a feeling that Ninty fanboys are going to be pretty disappointed about this... denial and all that) but fuck it

First things first not everything was set up so maybe there will be more stuff but I really doubt there's anything major left. And again this is the showfloor so this may not be all they talk about during their direct but it's a safe bet

First things first, no Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4 (although Hey Pikmin is there), Smash Bros, F-Zero (to any fool who still belived nintendo is making more of these), Pokemon Stars. All of these do not exist on the showfloor. Ninty fans hoping for these (and from what I know there are a lot) will be disappointed so don't say you weren't warned

Mario Odyssey is the main highlight as expected. There's statues of Mario holding his sentient cap, the Hat flying machine, Bowser in his pimp costume. Nothing we haven't seen before. The booth is decorated to look like New Donk City and there are like 20+ monitors set up there for the public to play. I didn't get to of course, the switches were not set up there yet. There is a video feed, though, and there is new stuff shown:

1. Mushroom Kingdom appears to be a playable level. Probably the intro level. Other new levels shown are a Haunted Mansion of sorts as well as a sky level with towers

2. Old powerups -- fire flower, starman, propeller hat, cloud hat return, though the powerups themselves are not seen. I suspect they are tied to the Crazy Cap store and the sentient hat this time instead of pickups.

Will continue posting below since I'm hitting the word limit

3. New powerup that seems to give Mario electricity powers exists

4. More footage of existing levels are also shown, but I don't remember anything too interesting. 

Moving on to other booths

ARMS gets a booth as expected. Nothing exciting

Splatoon 2 gets a booth. There is a video feed there too. I haven't played the first one so I can;t really tell if there's anything new. A level with lots of slopes resembling an indoor skate park is shown and there's also a level with floating platforms in like a swimming pool or something.

Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle gets a booth as well. Pretty much what you have seen. Not sure if this has been leaked yet but the player character appears to be a UFO rabbit of sorts commanding the characters around.

Fire Emblem Warriors gets a booth. The mage (Tharja?) from Awakening is playable, as are Marth and Camilla (these are the ones recognised. There are more but I don't think I've ever seen them before)

Pokken Tournament gets a booth

Xenoblade 2 gets a booth. Nothing very interesting, desu, looks like the first one with an anime skin. No idea what the story is,, but the rolling grassy fantasy areas are there alright

Okay now some new switch stuff

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is getting a port. This surprised me since it's supposed to have sold like ass in Japan. Maybe they're trying to escape the wii u's low userbase. No more wii u ports iirc

Pilotwings + Waverace is a new game... set on wuhu island from what I can see and resembles the 3ds pilotwings and wii sports resort jetskiing. Nothing too big, nothing anyone asked for, but it looks pretty fun for casual play

Square Enix's octopath traveller is there, and I've nothing to say about it because it was only half set up. 

Sonic Mania and Forces have booths. There is a new level in Mania that is shown off, reminds me of sky sanctuary but I don't think it is. Forces is, well, forces and I didn't see anything new there. The public will prob get to try the C.C. (tbc below)

(I don't know what the random desu is doing there in the previous post... freudian slip? Anyway moving on)

Monster Hunter XX port is coming. I know it's been announced in Japan but this is the localised version. 3ds and switch versions will both be playable.

Sin and Punishment Angel's Ascent is a new game in the Sin and Punishment series (last one was on the wii I think). Very flashy, looks as if it was developed by Platinum

Skyrim for Nintendo Switch has a booth. Notice how it's not the "legendary edition". Graphics seem to be improved, though, so no idea what this means

Project Mekuru (that low budget panel flipping eshop game) has a booth

Speaking of 3ds, Ever Oasis, Hey Pikmin, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and the new Kirby eshop games will all be playable

There are also tons of indies including Stardew valley and yooka laylee but I don't have anything interesting to say here.

Sorry if that wasn't very interesting or even disppointing, but that is what I saw and what I'll report. Signing off."

You think it is fake? I have to agree. I doubt Nintendo would show anyone some things they have been keeping secret. In fact, I think they would keep most things secret until the Spotlight event itself.

So Best Buy may have just had a huge fuck-up and added these to their database a couple of days early. 

10440791.jpg

10440792.jpg

They also list three to be revealed games on their site:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/e3.aspx

Could it be...?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=239769897

Someone on Gaf did some digging. It's actually becoming more credible. 

GIGANTIC oops if real.