Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

I know it's too early, but I really want to hear about the Pokemon titles on the Switch. I hope we find out about them next year at least. As for the rest, can't say I'm looking for anything in particular save for Smash Bros.. Surprise me, Nintendo.

8 hours ago, Tails spin said:

Announce a Luigi's Mansion, Wario Land, DKC Returns sequel and Smash while their at it.

A new Wario Land would be great; I miss that series so much, especially the WL2/3 style.  I honestly don't expect it, though - any more than a Golden Sun 4, which is still something which could get me excited.  I suppose I'm hoping for surprises, then.

Apparently a Japanese overview trailer teased a new Boxboy, so I could see some kind of compilation or sequel coming to the Switch.  Oh, and on the 3DS side, more information on the new Dillon's Rolling Western would be good.  That's not asking for much, right?

On 11/23/2017 at 10:16 PM, Tails spin said:

Announce a Luigi's Mansion, Wario Land, DKC Returns sequel and Smash while their at it.

I'd love to have at least one more DKC game to round out a trilogy before Retro moves on  to something new.

18 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I'd love to have at least one more DKC game to round out a trilogy before Retro moves on  to something new.

I can't see a third DKC as Retro's only project since TF. Either its a 3D DK (a much larger title), or the new DKC is a join project between Retro and someone else, with the other developer doing most of the work (Monster Games, for example) while Retro's main project is something else entirely.

Regardless, I'd be shocked if a new DK wasn't in development for Switch.

3 hours ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

According to this, a huge Nintendo Direct is coming in January.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/30/the-next-nintendo-direct-has-been-leaked-/

Just wanted to leave this here.

Not shocking. Pretty much everyone was expecting a Direct at least by January to show of next year's Switch lineup, and likely reveal info on the online subscription.

94d9c01fly1fm5p4nj7a6j20zk0qogrd.jpg

Potentially big news. Wii games have offically been ported to the Nvidia Shield in China. The Shield uses the exact same chip that powers the Switch, so it's safe to say Nintendo has these same games running on Switch in house as well. Wii games should be stupidly easy to port because of the Joy Cons. Virtual console announcement could happen any time now, though I'd expect it at the big January direct. 

Rumour time!

NateDrake, an insider and Resetera moderator, is claiming there will be some big Nintendo reveals at the Game Awards on Thursday. He's saying it should be considered a "Mini Direct".

Vern, the guy who leaked LA Noire on Switch and the last big Direct is also teasing that Dark Souls 1 is coming to Switch. 

Also, one of the site's admins has hinted that the rumor about Namco Bandai being the developer of Prime 4 is true.

scribblenauts-showdown.jpg

Thanks to a Taiwanese games rating board, a new Scribblenauts game just got leaked for Switch. 

Probably one of the Game Awards announcements.

Eh, to be honest Unlimited killed all interest I had left in Scribblenauts. Most of the puzzles I can remember off the top of my head were basically generic quizzes rather than using items in creative ways, and that was a theme I'd already noticed at many points through Super Scribblenauts too. I might think about it if they go back to what made the original game fun, but have doubts they'll actually do that.

On 12/5/2017 at 1:42 AM, Zippo said:

Rumour time!

NateDrake, an insider and Resetera moderator, is claiming there will be some big Nintendo reveals at the Game Awards on Thursday. He's saying it should be considered a "Mini Direct".

Vern, the guy who leaked LA Noire on Switch and the last big Direct is also teasing that Dark Souls 1 is coming to Switch. 

Also, one of the site's admins has hinted that the rumor about Namco Bandai being the developer of Prime 4 is true.

A port of old games is far from exciting. Give me prime or virtual console seems many forgot that even exsisted

44 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

A port of old games is far from exciting.

Give me prime or virtual console seems many forgot that even exsisted

Er, what?

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Er, what?

I have games on it that is like back. I hate using a service to lose all my games.true your probably saying what's different. A port vs Mario 64 I bought on the Wii is a tad different though my save won't carry over

In postive news

With it's 9 months the Switch has already

-Outsold the SEGA Saturn

-Outsold the SEGA Dreamcast

-3.56 million units away from outselling the Wii U

• Thumbs Up 6

I mean outselling those is not a.big deal. Sega has no one to blame but themselves for those sales. All starting with the 32x

3 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

In postive news

With it's 9 months the Switch has already

-Outsold the SEGA Saturn

-Outsold the SEGA Dreamcast

-3.56 million units away from outselling the Wii U

>ARMS not mentioned

Feels bad man.
Also, Memetendo is once again embracing the dankness tide and surfing on it.

Here's I neat little thing I stumbled upon.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/12/putting-nintendo-switchs-10-million-sales-in-context/

A user commenting there even made a graph with their own input on the article in question:

kdiFjht.png

Visual takeaways: hard to make a comparison on what the very-early ramp looked like, both given the gap from month 1 to 9 and the lack of modern era console comparators (though the PS2 is a nice "out of left field" figure!). That said, it's clearly doing very well relative to Nintendo's recent devices (particularly the WiiU) and likely competitive on a units-at-time basis with the PS4 (which, if memory serves/Kyle's comment is accurate, had the advantage of a holiday season in its first 10.5 months).

So yeah, neat I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Switch is being extremely competitive with the PS4's sales from the same nine-month period, and it hasn't even hit holiday sales yet. That's pretty crazy, and it's increasingly difficult for third parties to ignore.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anybody wants a free passtime for their Switch, Pinball FX 3 (which IS usually free by default) is currently giving away the Carnivaland Legends Tables away for free, normally £6.29.

http://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7479

You'll need to download the game and then access the list of downloadable tables through the single player. The tables are free until the 18th of December.

• 3 weeks later...

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/amazon-lists-18-placeholder-switch-titles

Amazon has listed 18 placeholder product listings for Switch, each titled “Switch Title” followed by a number.

The listings use an image with the Switch logo and the text, “Just Announced at the Nintendo Switch Event.” The same image was used for the new products announced at Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 last January, as seen on the listing for Project Octopath Traveller.

Here are all the listings:

Switch Title 14
    Switch Title 16
    Switch Title 17
    Switch Title 18
    Switch Title 19
    Switch Title 20
    Switch Title 22
    Switch Title 23
    Switch Title 24
    Switch Title 25
    Switch Title 27
    Switch Title 28
    Switch Title 29
    Switch Title 30
    Switch Title 31
    Switch Title 32
    Switch Title 34
    Switch Title 35

The speculation among Internet users is that Nintendo will be holding a Nintendo Direct this month, where new titles will be announced. The listings are not the only evidence for this speculation, as a leaked Fe campaign roadmap from Electronic Arts back in November suggested a Nintendo Direct would be held in January.

Hype?

• Thumbs Up 1

I've seen additional reports/rumors that it may be planned to be on the 11th. A little later than I wanted, but it wasn't likely to be the first week anyway.

But yeah, I had seen this go up as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Highly doubtful. Big games won't be shown till the e3 direct at least big name titles

tenor.gif

Wait whut? Uh, plenty of big games from all three of the big three can get announced here and there, there are plenty of videogaming events other than E3, and uh, this is Nintendo we're talking about. The company that was kinda infamous for not having their E3s be exactly big blowouts like the competition. Hell, last year, we got direct after direct even before the E3 one, which laid down megatons, both of new and veteran IPs.

• Thumbs Up 3