Brad

The Nintendo Switch Thread

I definitely wanna get odyssey, it’s just always sold out lol. I got octopath,odyssey,  Hyrule Warriors and pokken on my radar above BotW personally. I mean don’t get me wrong I wanna get BotW, I just am in no rush.

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

I definitely wanna get odyssey, it’s just always sold out lol. I got octopath,odyssey,  Hyrule Warriors and pokken on my radar above BotW personally. I mean don’t get me wrong I wanna get BotW, I just am in no rush.

I would honestly recommend Odyssey over BOTW myself. While I can't speak for your personal tastes, I found it's open-world structure of decently big, but small with plenty of collectables a lot more appealing that BOTW's massive open-world and non-linear structure, but a ton of it is just running around and finding shrines.

And the top 10 of best selling Switch games:

1. Super Mario Odyssey - 12.17 million

2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 11.71 million

3. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - 10.28 million

4. Splatoon 2 - 7.47 million

5. 1-2 Switch - 2.64 million

6. Mario Tennis Aces - 2.16 million

7. ARMS - 2.10 million

8. Kirby Star Allies - 2.10 million

9. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 1.67 million

10. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.53 million

Seems like good news for Switch owners!

SNES Games have been datamined for Nintendo Switch Online. The list of games currently leaked are...

• Breath of Fire II
  • Contra 3
  • Demon's Crest 
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Pilotwings
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox II
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2
  • Super Metroid 
  • Super Punch-Out
  • Super Soccer

Really hope this turns out true.

Nikkei (via NintendoEverything) reports that Nintendo is planning a new smaller-format iteration of the Switch with an emphasis on portability.  Just a rumour for the time being, of course, but if true, there's the 3DS successor; Nintendo's consistently cited price accessibility and back catalogue as the reason why they're persisting with the 3DS as a format.

They’re taking measures as for what is to come – one of those being a smaller version of the Switch. The company said that ‘couldn’t comment’ on their plans for the product, but has informed multiple suppliers and game development companies that they intend to release them as early as 2019. According to their affiliates, they are ‘miniaturizing the console with portability and playing outdoors in mind, as well as cutting features to reduce the price and expand the userbase.'

On 1/13/2019 at 2:22 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

SNES Games have been datamined for Nintendo Switch Online. The list of games currently leaked are...

• Breath of Fire II
  • Contra 3
  • Demon's Crest 
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Pilotwings
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox II
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2
  • Super Metroid 
  • Super Punch-Out
  • Super Soccer

Really hope this turns out true.

Whoo boy, can't wait to buy the same games I bought a billion different times before, at a ridiculous premium, that I can just go and download off the internet for free.

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/329283-nintendo-of-america-s-reggie-fils-aime-to-retire-doug-bowser-nam

Reggie is leaving.

This is very hard to take in... I never thought he'd be planning to leave for a long while. I guess even though all those directs make it look like he had lots of fun in his position, I doubt it reflex how hard it is in reality. Nevertheless, this guy has had an incredible, solid run, and those past few years wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there. I wish him the best of luck on his departure.

And I'll look forward to learn what Bowser will bring to NOA.

God, that goodbye video had me realising the end of an era.  I wish Doug luck, but damn, I don't think anyone will ever make a splash quite like ol' Reggie's.  Sucks to hear him leave, but I'm sure for him it'll be nice to be free of the corporate shackles.  Still, he made himself one of Ninty's great pillars, kicked ass, took names, and made games.  With him gone though, it makes me both saddened and more than a bit curious what happens next.

Godspeed Reggie.  May your body always be ready...