Jump to content
Brad

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Recommended Posts

I definitely wanna get odyssey, it’s just always sold out lol. I got octopath,odyssey,  Hyrule Warriors and pokken on my radar above BotW personally. I mean don’t get me wrong I wanna get BotW, I just am in no rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KHCast said:

I definitely wanna get odyssey, it’s just always sold out lol. I got octopath,odyssey,  Hyrule Warriors and pokken on my radar above BotW personally. I mean don’t get me wrong I wanna get BotW, I just am in no rush.

I would honestly recommend Odyssey over BOTW myself. While I can't speak for your personal tastes, I found it's open-world structure of decently big, but small with plenty of collectables a lot more appealing that BOTW's massive open-world and non-linear structure, but a ton of it is just running around and finding shrines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the top 10 of best selling Switch games:

1. Super Mario Odyssey - 12.17 million

2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 11.71 million

3. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - 10.28 million

4. Splatoon 2 - 7.47 million

5. 1-2 Switch - 2.64 million

6. Mario Tennis Aces - 2.16 million

7. ARMS - 2.10 million

8. Kirby Star Allies - 2.10 million

9. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 1.67 million

10. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.53 million

Seems like good news for Switch owners!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SNES Games have been datamined for Nintendo Switch Online. The list of games currently leaked are...

  • Breath of Fire II
  • Contra 3
  • Demon's Crest 
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Pilotwings
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox II
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2
  • Super Metroid 
  • Super Punch-Out
  • Super Soccer

Really hope this turns out true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikkei (via NintendoEverything) reports that Nintendo is planning a new smaller-format iteration of the Switch with an emphasis on portability.  Just a rumour for the time being, of course, but if true, there's the 3DS successor; Nintendo's consistently cited price accessibility and back catalogue as the reason why they're persisting with the 3DS as a format.

Quote

They’re taking measures as for what is to come – one of those being a smaller version of the Switch. The company said that ‘couldn’t comment’ on their plans for the product, but has informed multiple suppliers and game development companies that they intend to release them as early as 2019. According to their affiliates, they are ‘miniaturizing the console with portability and playing outdoors in mind, as well as cutting features to reduce the price and expand the userbase.'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 2:22 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

SNES Games have been datamined for Nintendo Switch Online. The list of games currently leaked are...

  • Breath of Fire II
  • Contra 3
  • Demon's Crest 
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Pilotwings
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox II
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2
  • Super Metroid 
  • Super Punch-Out
  • Super Soccer

Really hope this turns out true.

 

Whoo boy, can't wait to buy the same games I bought a billion different times before, at a ridiculous premium, that I can just go and download off the internet for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/329283-nintendo-of-america-s-reggie-fils-aime-to-retire-doug-bowser-nam

Reggie is leaving.

This is very hard to take in... I never thought he'd be planning to leave for a long while. I guess even though all those directs make it look like he had lots of fun in his position, I doubt it reflex how hard it is in reality. Nevertheless, this guy has had an incredible, solid run, and those past few years wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there. I wish him the best of luck on his departure.

 

 

And I'll look forward to learn what Bowser will bring to NOA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, that goodbye video had me realising the end of an era.  I wish Doug luck, but damn, I don't think anyone will ever make a splash quite like ol' Reggie's.  Sucks to hear him leave, but I'm sure for him it'll be nice to be free of the corporate shackles.  Still, he made himself one of Ninty's great pillars, kicked ass, took names, and made games.  With him gone though, it makes me both saddened and more than a bit curious what happens next.

Godspeed Reggie.  May your body always be ready...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/31/2019 at 8:19 PM, FFWF said:

Nikkei (via NintendoEverything) reports that Nintendo is planning a new smaller-format iteration of the Switch with an emphasis on portability.  Just a rumour for the time being, of course, but if true, there's the 3DS successor; Nintendo's consistently cited price accessibility and back catalogue as the reason why they're persisting with the 3DS as a format.

Quote

They’re taking measures as for what is to come – one of those being a smaller version of the Switch. The company said that ‘couldn’t comment’ on their plans for the product, but has informed multiple suppliers and game development companies that they intend to release them as early as 2019. According to their affiliates, they are ‘miniaturizing the console with portability and playing outdoors in mind, as well as cutting features to reduce the price and expand the userbase.'

 

Bump time!

Turns out that we really are getting a smaller Switch model: the Nintendo Switch Lite!

The new console is focused entirely on handheld gaming, featuring non-removable controllers (with a proper d-pad!) and smaller console size.

However, it can't be docked into a TV, nor does it feature the main console's HD Rumble or IR motion camera, so some games like "1, 2, Switch!" won't be compatible with the handheld console.

The current price range is $199.99 in the US (no price confirmed for Europe/UK yet, but converting the US price suggests that it may be somewhere around £160?)

The Switch Lite will come with three different colour options when it launches on Sept. 20th 2019: Yellow, Grey and Turquoise. A limited edition variation based on Pokémon Sword and Shield will also be released in November alongside the games' release.

For more information, check the Nintendo Switch website.

Edited by NegaMetallix
Removed a misinterpretation on the lack of motion sensor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

However, it can't be docked into a TV, nor does it feature the main console's HD Rumble or motion controls, so some games like "1, 2, Switch!" won't be compatible with the handheld console.

Why even call it the switch at that point if the selling gimmicks/features are gutted out lol?

Idk this just seems so uninteresting on its own and cynically done to capitalize on the holidays. And someone I saw online made a good point, the least they could have done for this to make it more interesting and stand apart, is offer backwards compatibility with 3DS titles if it’s going for the exclusive portable game market

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Why even call it the switch at that point if the selling gimmicks/features are gutted out lol?

Idk this just seems so uninteresting on its own and cynically done to capitalize on the holidays. And someone I saw online made a good point, the least they could have done for this to make it more interesting and stand apart, is offer backwards compatibility with 3DS titles if it’s going for the exclusive portable game market

It doesn't have the IR motion camera that's normally on the right Joy Con. But I don't believe that they've said it doesn't have motion controls (the gyro and accelerometer), so you can assume they're still in there. You'll still be able to use motion controls to aim in games like Splatoon or BotW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Blood said:

It doesn't have the IR motion camera that's normally on the right Joy Con. But I don't believe that they're said it doesn't have motion controls (the gyro and accelerometer), so you can assume it's still in there. You'll still be able to use motion controls to aim in games like Splatoon or BotW.

Ah, my bad. I've edited the post above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KHCast said:

And someone I saw online made a good point, the least they could have done for this to make it more interesting and stand apart, is offer backwards compatibility with 3DS titles if it’s going for the exclusive portable game market

Would that even work? Mostly cause of the lack of a second screen on the switch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Why even call it the switch at that point if the selling gimmicks/features are gutted out lol?

And someone I saw online made a good point, the least they could have done for this to make it more interesting and stand apart, is offer backwards compatibility with 3DS titles if it’s going for the exclusive portable game market

What else would it be called?

Also, how would that work well with just one screen? DS games on on the Wii U were always a hassle to play because of how weird it was switching between the gamepad and TV, or having to deal with one tiny screen next to a normal screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping the tv functionality is more the least they could have done, you’re right(bad wording on my end). To make the system stand apart with its own interesting gimmick, incorporating any kind of past portable game backwards compatibility as more a selling point honestly, would have been nice if their goal is to sell this to the portable market. As it is, it’s a uninteresting looking downgrade that brings nothing to the table, being made to just make a quick buck during the holiday. I can’t even recommend this to people I know tight  on cash since they were hoping to be able to have a cheaper system that would still allow family/friend play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

To make the system stand apart with its own interesting gimmick, incorporating any kind of past portable game backwards compatibility as more a selling point honestly, would have been nice if their goal is to sell this to the portable market.

Nintendo has zero interest in making the system stand apart.  It's intended to be a no-hassle version of the Switch at a more accessible price; removing bells and whistles to bring the price down is the whole point.  They certainly don't want to split the existing Switch market with mutually exclusive gimmicks; it's less for the portable market and more for parents with small children, much like the 2DS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FFWF said:

  They certainly don't want to split the existing Switch market with mutually exclusive gimmicks; it's less for the portable market and more for parents with small children, much like the 2DS.

One group is telling me it’s for the poor, one is group is telling me it’s for the portable market, and now this. Make up your damn minds about what reason you wanna use to justify and defend its existence people good lord. It’s like I can’t argue and have a personal issue with this cause the defense is always shifting form in order to defend Nintendo 

Also parents with small kids play on consoles with their children all the time. The Wii showed this very much. As did the switch. So this makes no sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a Switch that cuts costs by being portable only. That makes it more ideal for children (no need to have a TV, less parts to break) and an economical alternative. It's a downgrade, and it's supposed to be.

I'm not a fan of this thing either, but I'm not the target audience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.