Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

That didn’t take long 

It's more like a change of a few components than a new model. But holy hell that battery life puts the Lite to shame.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah yes. The eternal oxymoron of the gaming industry rears its head again. Where it makes more sense to wait for a better version of the product you want to come out rather than support it at launch.

Even I as someone who bought a Switch the same day I bought Smash Ultimate am wondering what I could have done with a stronger battery life.

I mostly play games docked though. Adventures feel bigger on a bigger screen. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Ah yes. The eternal oxymoron of the gaming industry rears its head again. Where it makes more sense to wait for a better version of the product you want to come out rather than support it at launch.

There's a term for that: the Osbourne Effect.

This applies to phones today, mostly. The first model is likely to be a buggy, exploding piece of shit.

That battery life is something though. I rarely play my Switch docked because I have one TV and a girlfriend who doesn’t play a lot of games. The market for married 30-year-olds who just want a second screen is huge for Switch actually. 😂

• Chuckle 1

I have one TV and a husband who plays a lot of (and only) PS4 games.  So as the one willing to play PC, Switch, and/or 3DS games, I have to cede the TV most weekends.  Now, when the Wii U gamepad got a better battery, I bought one and replace the old battery, which was wearing out at that point anyway.  I do not like that I can't do that with the Switch.  But I need those controllers.  Go Gators! (with a blue one ) and Arrrr! Pirates with purple and gold!

(I do not need more controllers, I do NOT need more controllers . . . .)

Nintendo just got hit for a class action lawsuit due to the joycon drifting issues.

As someone who just recently got this, I’m hoping something comes from it, even if it’s just a simple joycon revision, and offer to replace them for those who bought before the revision or something, no idea how this widespread issue got through testing, unless the production was rushed or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess Lite will be more of my thing but probably won't buy it at launch. I don't have a TV atm and I wouldn't have a chance to sit down for hours and play the standard Switch. I've always been down for the portable systems even though I've owned many static consoles before. I've always played my DS systems the most out of all consoles. I almost always used my portable before going to bed and it was very compact to use and carry one around and they had a lot of games to play. I don't think I will miss a whole lot not getting the standard version. And it's not about the money for me, it's the way I like to use the system.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/20/2019 at 7:53 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Nintendo just got hit for a class action lawsuit due to the joycon drifting issues.

As someone who just recently got this, I’m hoping something comes from it, even if it’s just a simple joycon revision, and offer to replace them for those who bought before the revision or something, no idea how this widespread issue got through testing, unless the production was rushed or something.

When I first got my Switch I didn’t play it daily. Only after about 3 months of heavy use did the drift start, but when it did it came hard, swinging the stick to the far left side and up. All types of games became unplayable.

I fixed it myself with a can of contact cleaner for electronic parts, sprayed under the little rubber skirt on the joycon stick.

Interested to see the outcome of the suit.

There's finally something decent with Switch Online - 

There's going to be some kind of trial system on Switch where you'll be allowed to play full on games for about a week or so. We don't know if it's permanent yet (As in you'll get a new game every month).

But anyways, you'll be able to play a full game for a week. It's not a permanent unlock, it's basically a trial. But the way it works, you get a free week to play the game, and then a 30% discount for the full version. The current game planned is - 

US/EU - Mario Tennis Aces

Japan - Captain Toad - Treasure Tracker.

You'll be able to play the full game from the 7th of August to the 13th of August, roughly a week.

Still shit that they don't just give full games permanently, like PS Plus/Games for Gold, but it's something at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...