Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

Oh god, Wii U's last big release could be Paper Mario Color Splash. Think about that for a second. Should leave it at Star Fox.

I'm surprised that the NX isn't coming until March, I was sure they'd have it out by Christmas with Zelda as the big holiday release. Heaven knows what Nintendo will actually have for the Wii U this Winter then, unless they push Paper Mario back or have one last surprise up their sleeves for the dying console....

Still quietly hoping they at least show something of the console at E3 though. Will be such a wasted opportunity if they don't.

They'll have to show it sometime during the Summer, that's for sure. You can't exactly just dump a new platform on the market with only 3 months warning.

3 minutes ago, Conando said:

They'll have to show it sometime during the Summer, that's for sure. You can't exactly just dump a new platform on the market with only 3 months warning.

Surely they'll have to show off some of its features at least to highlight how Zelda will work on the NX. No point promoting a game for a console no one even knows anything about... but then again, this is Nintendo...

They're also using the old "This won't simply replace the previous console" thing like they did with DS. Not sure why even, no one is going to believe that.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

8 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

What the fuck is wrong with Nintendo? They're seriously not going to have their new console at the biggest gaming show?

6 minutes ago, Conando said:

They're also using the old "This won't simply replace the previous console" thing like they did with DS. Not sure why even, no one is going to believe that.

I feel like that is different wording than "This won't replace the 3DS and Wii U". The use of the word simply makes me think that.

3 minutes ago, Marcello said:

What the fuck is wrong with Nintendo? They're seriously not going to have their new console at the biggest gaming show?

It will probably be at TGS.

Oh God...so more months of us hearing about these crappy rumors...

WTF Nintendo. You are doing everything you can to not make me buy your new console. It shows me that you haven't learnt from your past mistakes.

Also boy, do I feel sorry for those Wii U only owners this holiday season.

Decided to delete my thread. I guess folks don't mind just continuing on in a single thread. :P

At least update the OP so folks don't have to go searching around for the new stuff. :)

6 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

I feel like that is different wording than "This won't replace the 3DS and Wii U". The use of the word simply makes me think that.

It will probably be at TGS.

TGS isn't as big as E3, though. I honestly don't understand why they aren't showing the NX at E3. It's less than a year away from the release.

2 minutes ago, Ming Ming Kanon said:

Oh God...so more months of us hearing about these crappy rumors...

WTF Nintendo. You are doing everything you can to not buy your new console. It shows me that you haven't learnt from your past mistakes.

Also boy, do I feel sorry for those Wii U only owners this holiday season.

Hey, we still have Paper Mario!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212219

Nintendo’s Next Mobile Apps: Building on the positive consumer reaction to Miitomo, Nintendo announced that its next two mobile apps would be based on the familiar and beloved Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing franchises. (...) Nintendo will design the latter game so that it will be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems. By playing both Animal Crossing games, users will find increased enjoyment.

New Animal Crossing for NX confirmed?

NX not being out until early 2017 is going back pretty much to what a fair few of us were expecting, but taken in combination with the Zelda situation, I do wonder if the console is being delayed because it's not ready yet; that would account for it getting its own reveal later in the year and not being at E3.  Absolutely bizarre E3 plans, though; they're banking everything on Zelda for E3?  Really?  They do know they have a handheld console as well, right?

That's the oddity. I mean, Pokemon Sun and Moon are going to be their main Holiday title with the absence of Zelda U. I know Pokemon information is weird, but you would think now would be the time for an exception.

Good thing tat i bought a New 3ds instead of a Wii U one week ago. Also, Zelda is gonna be the only playable game.

7 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Good thing tat i bought a New 3ds instead of a Wii U one week ago. Also, Zelda is gonna be the only playable game.

Its the only playable game, but they'll definitely have more to show off.

49 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212219

New Animal Crossing for NX confirmed?

Honestly, I think its probably for Wi U. With the time, there'd be no point in having it NX only. For Zelda, they're releasing both versions at the same time. But I think they could easily pull an Animal Crossing situation with Anmal Crossing Wii U released for the Holidays, then for those who missed it on Wii U, they can get it as an NX launch title. Animal Crossing would also be an easier game that could be produced, too.

1 hour ago, Conando said:

Oh god, Wii U's last big release could be Paper Mario Color Splash. Think about that for a second. Should leave it at Star Fox.

No, that'd be Zelda. Yes, its a dual release, but its still coming to Wii U.

Thinking about it, the dual release for Zelda UNX suggests that the NX's "brand new concept" isn't going to be a million miles away from that of the Wii U, unless they've had to retool the game pretty hard for its NX port.

I hope that Zelda wont be the only launching title(if its even one) for the NX. I am interested in the NX since i didnt buy a Wii U. It would be my third Nintendo console. Also, will miiibo be compatible with it? I hope so.

I suggested the same thing in a status update when the news broke. It's likely the NX will either be able to use the GamePad or the controller itself will have a touchscreen again.

4 minutes ago, Diamond said:

I hope that Zelda wont be the only launching title(if its even one) for the NX. I am interested in the NX since i didnt buy a Wii U. It would be my third Nintendo console. Also, will miiibo be compatible with it? I hope so.

I highly doubt it'll be the only launch title. And since both Zelda U and NX are releasing in March, its definitely a launch title.

3 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Or, like most Wii U games, Zelda U doesn't do anything special with the Gamepad.

This is by far the most likely explanation. Although, I still do think the NX will be able to use the GamePad as an option, but either way, Zelda U will probably only use the GamePad for the map and gyro aiming.

And the always delightful quick inventory management. That's something I'll miss from Nintendo's touch days if they do indeed switch directions.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo only delays products when some aspect isn't ready for public consumption, so either the company is having some trouble with the hardware and a 2016 launch isn't feasible (or was never on the cards at all), or the entire launch lineup, Zelda included, just won't be ready to release this year, and that's pushing the hardware release back to March 2017.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually curious on what the hardware specs are going to be on this thing and if it can compete with the Xbox One and Playstation 4.