Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

3 hours ago, Chili Dawg said:

Yeah, if you look at the guy's replies to the tweets it doesn't sound like he really knows shit about the NX reveal. I don' think anybody knows. Reggie himself is probably waiting for the call from Japan to see when they're actually gonna do the thing. 

With the logistics required behind a reveal, Reggie definitely knows. He's the part of the top branch. Bill Trinen maybe might not know, but Reggie?

That's pretty much all I can think all these rumours about when the NX is "supposedly" gonna get revealed. So many claims and rumours and "hot leaks" popping out of the woodwork about how it'll be this day or that day when all we want (and I think I speak for all of us) is to see the freakin' console already. :'V

Please Ninty, we're dying here. Well, annoyed, mainly, but DYING.

Speaking of this long-lasting wait though, I figure it'd make for a nice change of pace for the topic to reminisce about these last moments of calm we have before we finally know what the console is going to be, so I'd like to show off this video from a YouTuber I found:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pokemon-to-create-games-for-nintendos-next-system-1474371834 Console all but confirmed to be a console/handheld hybrid by Pokémon CEO. 

Pokémon mainline on the go. Sonic 2017 on the go. Breath of the Wild on the go...I can't fucking wait to see this goddamn thing revealed already.

Quote from Neogaf.

“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,” said Mr. Ishihara. “We will make games for the NX.”

• Thumbs Up 1

(Apologies for the double-post)

Ubisoft speaks out about how great the NX is.

Ubisoft is one of the few third-party publishers out there that has commented on NX fairly regularly, despite not saying too much. We do know that the company is bringing Just Dance 2017 to the platform as well as other games.

At a Ubisoft presentation held today, CEO Yves Guillemo once again weighed in on NX, stating:

“The new Nintendo [console] is a fantastic machine. It’s really a new approach, it’s really Nintendo, [which is] coming with something new again. We love it.”

Guillemo was later asked why Ubisoft has such faith in Nintendo. To this, he responded:

“What we see is, players are more open when new hardware is coming. So we have the chance to come with something we have never done before, because we know that if we are the first there, people will try our game and maybe we’ll be able to get into that new genre. As our people wanted to do a game like ZombiU, they were happy they could just use the Wii U to do it. For us, a machine is a tool of expression, but when everything become stable it’s less open to innovation. We always want innovation.

“However, if you try something a little new and it’s not perfect, you come back quickly to what you know and works. As a gamer, if you change to new hardware, you have no references, so you’re looking at what people are saying are [the best games] and then trying them.

“But if you have an [established] machine and there’s all the experiences you know on there already, you know you’re going to miss some of those to try something new, so you’re less inclined. For us, we know opportunities to try something new are a lot more rewarding when it’s a new machine.”

Also, while we’ve heard it before, Guillemo noted that Ubisoft is “working on some [other] projects” for NX.

Ubisoft is almost always one of the first third parties aboard Ninty's newer consoles at launch, so I can't say I'm surprised they'd speak highly of the NX. Time will tell whether they just give up on it 2-3 games later like they did with the WiiU.

2 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

Ubisoft is almost always one of the first third parties aboard Ninty's newer consoles at launch, so I can't say I'm surprised they'd speak highly of the NX. Time will tell whether they just give up on it 2-3 games later like they did with the WiiU.

They are first on board and then the first to pull the majority of their support sans Just Dance 

It doesn't really mean much of anything. We may, we may not, tesco might know something, they might not. 

Though I do believe if they had information regarding price, they'd probably know the actual system name as well, so still listing it as NX leads me to believe they're just speculating.

Last week there were talk of retailers going to Europe for something Nintendo related.

Now we have a Tesco leak.

I would take that price as being very accurate.

I don't think that's right. Remember this thing is supposed to be a handheld, anything above $250 is probably not gonna happen unless the device itself is doing something that is really worth the asking price.

1 hour ago, Candescence said:

I don't think that's right. Remember this thing is supposed to be a handheld, anything above $250 is probably not gonna happen unless the device itself is doing something that is really worth the asking price.

Isn't it supposed to be a console you can use as a handheld? £350 is certainly console pricing...

Wish they'd just fucking announce this confusing, console/handheld hybrid or whatever it is already. 

Nah, everything I've heard gives the clear impression that this is a powerful handheld that can be played like a console. If the power was roughly PS4-level then that price might be reasonable, but the expected specs are way above Wii U but less than Xbone, but not enough to make porting an issue.

Since there are rumors that this'll be an NX exclusive, I thought it'd fit here:

Michel Ancel is teasing Beyond Good and Evil 2

3 hours ago, Candescence said:

44 minutes ago, Candescence said:

Nah, everything I've heard gives the clear impression that this is a powerful handheld that can be played like a console. If the power was roughly PS4-level then that price might be reasonable, but the expected specs are way above Wii U but less than Xbone, but not enough to make porting an issue.

That's the thing. "Everything we heard."

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. We don't actually KNOW anything.

You are correct, though. If its a handheld there's no way that price is accurate.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JaidynReiman said:

That's the thing. "Everything we heard."

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. We don't actually KNOW anything.

You are correct, though. If its a handheld there's no way that price is accurate.

And yet the 'hybrid' stuff from Eurogamer has been coroberated by various other outlets and pretty much every leak and rumor since, and even the Pokemon Company's statement on the NX hints at a hybrid system. That of course doesn't mean it's true, but until Nintendo themselves reveal the damn thing, well, we can assume that there's a good chance it is indeed true.

2 hours ago, Candescence said:

And yet the 'hybrid' stuff from Eurogamer has been coroberated by various other outlets and pretty much every leak and rumor since, and even the Pokemon Company's statement on the NX hints at a hybrid system. That of course doesn't mean it's true, but until Nintendo themselves reveal the damn thing, well, we can assume that there's a good chance it is indeed true.

Yeah. At the same time, the hybrid stuff does not mean it is primarily a handheld, though, either.

1 hour ago, JaidynReiman said:

Yeah. At the same time, the hybrid stuff does not mean it is primarily a handheld, though, either.

Handhelds have been Nintendo's strong suit ever since, well, forever, and have been getting them the most sales, a 'hybrid' will likely be designed as a handheld first but can be used like a console. Plus, the NX apparently uses a Pascal Tegra, so power efficiency is obviously something Nintendo are taking into heavy consideration.

Mind you, if the NX is indeed as powerful as rumoured and is a handheld system, that's a pretty fucking massive jump from the 3DS, easily leapfrogging the Vita and Wii U.

Dangit, Nintendo, reveal the stupid system already. Us poor people need time to start saving our funds for it, so we need to know whether we'll be buying it day-1 or not.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I will.

• Thumbs Up 1