Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

2 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Honestly, there are only two things I'd be off with if this turns out to be relatively true. 1: The analog stick placement is still going to be pretty awkward (like seriously, just switch the buttons and stick on the right and it's be perfect) and 2: ... this isn't a console. It's a handheld.  Honestly, I'd be absolutely fine with a new handheld right now but this isn't particularly what Nintendo needs in the slightest with the 3DS still doing well.

This placement works fine on the Gamepad. It's pretty comfortable.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

This placement works fine on the Gamepad. It's pretty comfortable.

Honestly, I've only found it comfortable for the slower paced games. Even with a game like Mario Kart I find that I have to spend an extra second to force myself to move to the actual button positions which can be deadly in that sort of game. It just pales in comparison to an Xbox or even PS controller. Though, I feel that I can probably just chalk this up as a nitpick I have from playing with the other two a lot more but it is just one small thing that I just don't find particularly appealing when it'd be just a simple swap.

Ugh, please not another gamepad, Nintendo. I understand what Nintendo was going for with the WiiU gamepad, but the execution was subpar at best. I really hope if they retread this route that they've learned from their missteps the first time around.

It's not gonna be a 'gamepad'. It's essentially gonna be a Nintendo Vita.

That mockup is somewhat off compared to what most of the rumors are actually saying. This is a lot more plausible:

Rr8nlBg.jpg

tLUvNhQ.jpg

RTqImQD.jpg

Not to mention the power button is right between the volume control and the right shoulder button. I don't care if the button's harder to press, I like the security of having it as far away from my fingers as reasonably possible while I'm actually playing something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy, this may really be it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Willvs/status/787707989054648320?s=09

This guy works at the "Pixels" section at LeMonde.Fr. It's like the New York Times in France. It's huge over there, apparently. He's legit and knows his sources.

"Don't know about this week, but behind the scenes, Nintendo have indeed mentioned an announcement "very soon" among their contacts in the industry."

_20161016_140951.JPG

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-new-beyond-good-evil-to-be-a-2018-semi-reboot-not-full-sequel/

Beyond Good and Evil reboot is apparently an NX exclusive, CG trailer coming With the NX reveal, Summer 2018.

Same source from yesterday says he got more confirmation a reveal is "imminent".

It could literally be tomorrow. We'll just have to see.

_20161017_103422.JPG

8 minutes ago, Zippo said:

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-new-beyond-good-evil-to-be-a-2018-semi-reboot-not-full-sequel/

Beyond Good and Evil reboot is apparently an NX exclusive, CG trailer coming With the NX reveal, Summer 2018.

Same source from yesterday says he got more confirmation a reveal is "imminent".

It could literally be tomorrow. We'll just have to see.

_20161017_103422.JPG

We've been given the " reveal is imminent" spill for more than a month now. So at this point I'm just taken it when it comes. I no longer will get hyped for the reveal is coming soon news.

In the era of Nintendo Direct, I don't foresee Nintendo announcing anything out of the blue without giving us a couple of days' warning first.

My own hype is on pause.  It's not like Nintendo has been stringing us along with false promises or anything, so I see no particular reason to become either more or less excited.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now we definitely know we're not getting info this month.

Ok, I'm joking. Still don't trust Emily, but honestly, they can't keep delaying the reveal anyway. This isn't particularly shocking.

Honestly, I don't have too much of a problem with Emily saying it. My only problem is when everyone goes gaga over Emily Rogers speaking out about it because all she's doing is repeating exactly what everyone else is saying already. Suddenly its credible because Emily Rogers is reporting something when everyone else is doing it already.

That, honestly, is what annoys me more than anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

While it is likely that we're going to get something either this week or next week (probably both), what is this guy's track record, if you know? I've never heard of him. Is he reliable when it comes to leaks/rumors?

18 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Honestly, I don't have too much of a problem with Emily saying it. My only problem is when everyone goes gaga over Emily Rogers speaking out about it because all she's doing is repeating exactly what everyone else is saying already. Suddenly its credible because Emily Rogers is reporting something when everyone else is doing it already.

That, honestly, is what annoys me more than anything.

Think when she says one thing and then goes against it later in the week has people doubting her credibility. 

I do remember the whole female Link in Breath of the Wild fiasco back after the E3 event. Didn't really help her case. I want her to be right here though.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Something some of you may find of interest: Nintendo is skipping the corporate strategy meeting for Q2 earnings. NX reveal maybe? I dunno. 

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-skipping-corporate-strategy-meeting-for-q2-earnings/

That's very out of place and unusual.

8 hours ago, Mark1 said:

Think when she says one thing and then goes against it later in the week has people doubting her credibility. 

I do remember the whole female Link in Breath of the Wild fiasco back after the E3 event. Didn't really help her case. I want her to be right here though.

Hasn't anybody seen her pre-Wii U "leaks"? Its not hard to find them. It just took me a bit of digging searching "Emily Rogers" on Google and I found it. (She deleted her original blog to hide them but for a while it was still possible to find it on archive.org.)

And yeah, basically, everyone was saying NX reveal this week. Emily says the same. Some people start to back down on it, she does the exact same damn thing. She's just saying the same thing everyone else is.

23 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

That's very out of place and unusual.

Hasn't anybody seen her pre-Wii U "leaks"? Its not hard to find them. It just took me a bit of digging searching "Emily Rogers" on Google and I found it. (She deleted her original blog to hide them but for a while it was still possible to find it on archive.org.)

And yeah, basically, everyone was saying NX reveal this week. Emily says the same. Some people start to back down on it, she does the exact same damn thing. She's just saying the same thing everyone else is.

She stated on Twitter that she's still confident about news being this week. 

https://www.twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/788657728331714560

The only ones that "backed down" besides her are people who never reported on news being this week in the first place (Dr Toto and that Wall Street Journal guy who's name I keep forgetting).