Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

Time for the reveal of that 50gb storage space, controller that's likely gonna sound cool on paper, but end up a gimmick, and something about changing gaming forever.

But seriously Nintendo, Splatoon 2. Now.

30 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Time for the reveal of that 50gb storage space, controller that's likely gonna sound cool on paper, but end up a gimmick, and something about changing gaming forever.

But seriously Nintendo, Splatoon 2. Now.

Probably not happening until the NX direct. If we see anything it'll probably be Zelda or less likely Mario (less likely because it'd be an unannounced title).

8 minutes ago, Mr. Popo (Diamond) said:

In how many hours is the direct from now?

It wasn't strictly stated to be a direct.

Keeping my expectations in check with Zelda. If it looks better than the Wii U version then the graphical improvements will be minimal.

Spoiler

To make way for a surprise first party game tease ;) 

"This preview trailer will serve as Nintendo’s preliminary announcement of information regarding the platform," according to Nintendo themselves, which doesn't sound like a teaser or an announcement of an announcement but also doesn't sound like it's going to go into close detail.  There are some potential details on what we might be getting here (name, look, and concept, but no hardware specs or launch line-up).

The one day I have somewhere to be at 3 o' clock and might not be able to see the trailer several hours afterwards, huh.  Hopefully the dust will have settled by then (who am I kidding).

• Thumbs Up 5

It's not so much the reveal I'm totally hyped about, but the Vesuvius level internet eruption.  For better or worse, this is going to be fun to watch.

On another note, does this mean Trump's out of the race?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, QuantumEdge said:

It's not so much the reveal I'm totally hyped about, but the Vesuvius level internet eruption.  For better or worse, this is going to be fun to watch.

On another note, does this mean Trump's out of the race?

Clearly people were threatening Nintendo that they'd vote for trump if they didn't announce the NX already, and Nintendo wasn't having any of that shit. So yes, he is.

• Thumbs Up 3

That creepy picture of Mario they tweeted with the announcement reminds me of this:

What's with Nintendo making their characters seem like weird creeps?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

That creepy picture of Mario they tweeted with the announcement reminds me of this:

What's with Nintendo making their characters seem like weird creeps?

Frankly, a lot of Nintendo characters ARE weird creeps. But we love 'em anyway.

Less than 3 hourrrrssss...

25 minutes ago, Soniman said:

ONE hour actually

iUnaqdX.jpg

You're a cheeky one I'll give you that m8

• Thumbs Up 7

Oof, I'm not sure how I feel about the hardware. I know that I probably won't ever take it outside my house. Plus that pro controller that I just know is gonna be sold separately. But I'm digging that new Mario footage =0

Oh yeah, and another thing, I wonder what the battery life will be like on this thing.

It looks like the leaks are confirmed, then. I like it. The message is a lot clearer than the Wii U and I could actually see myself making use of the portable features. I'm a little dubious about the ickle controllers for multiplayer, but I guess I won't be playing that way for long periods of time.