Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

AMAZING. This what the Wii U should've been, and it feels like the Wii U was a prototype for this. Finally, Ninty makes a console that feels right at home in the current gen. I didn't think they'd be able to achieve how the portability shift is being handled. Hopefully the software support's good enough to keep it alive, because this does not deserve the same fate as the Wii U. That new 3D Mario looks amazing by the way and I want it so bad.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, Mr. Popo (Diamond) said:

So I dont get it.

It has a Wii U like controller and  a PS4/XBO one?

The edges with the joysticks and buttons snap off the portable device and slot into a frame for a home controller.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo's been putting out an optional traditional controller alongside their main "gimmicky" one since the Wii, dude.

Just now, Diogenes said:

Nintendo's been putting out an optional traditional controller alongside their main "gimmicky" one since the Wii, dude.

I was just asking. No need to be rude ;/

I really like the concept, my only thing is, if this thing eventually replaces the 3DS as well, what if you've got more than one person in the house who wants the handheld portion of the console? There's only one. Unless they'll be sold separately or something so you can have two or more handheld units tied to the same household system.

Since it looks like its going with that main controller and "pro" controller route again, all I ask and hope for is that the pro controller has every main functionality as the main one. Please don't lock games and menus away from me. That is all.

Other than that, never thought I'd be looking into a handheld again. Looks promising.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bethesda is the most shocking to me. I don't think they've ever released something for Nintendo. And here, one of the first games shown is from them.

We're back to using cartridges for this console. Console's got a "Card Port" for the games.

Reasonable. Carts can hold much more than discs can, and the carts are gonna need that space to accommodate for the TV/handheld shift.

Wonder if this means the Switch is backwards compatible with the 3DS then. Can I play Bravely Default and Fire Emblem: Fates on the big screen now with their soundtracks playing in surround sound?

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I didn't see From Software on there before. Noice.

Portable dark souls would be a dream come true, MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO!

2 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Wonder if this means the Switch is backwards compatible with the Switch then.

I'd hope it was compatible with itself. Otherwise it'd be 100% useless. 

But the Wii U thing sounds like it might be a download dealio, because I don't see how the physical version could work with it. 

15 minutes ago, Zippo said:

THEY DID IT.

THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING DID IT.

_20161020_092041.JPG

Epic Games, Bethesda and From Software among many others. NICE! 

Wait... What's that weird little smear right between KoeiTecmo and Level 5? I can't make it out. Ah, who cares. It's not important. 

But yeah! This is nice!

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm glad to see that we've officially gone back got cartridges for home consoles again, much better for storage and lastability.

God, if this really is the Wii U/3DS killer, then the Pokémon DP remakes are going to be through-the-roof spectacular.  I liked the concept; a refinement of the Wii U, only named better.  Wasn't sure why they show so many people out and about, gaming (since I never see that happen), but the point is this has a bit more hope in it than before.  I mean, for god's sakes, just look at the dev support for this thing!  If that kind of alliance can't save their bacon, I don't know what will. 

Well, I got to say. I'm impressed. Seeing the trailer and the partners. This thing has the potential that the Wii-U lacked in the end

58 minutes ago, Zippo said:

THEY DID IT.

THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING DID IT.

_20161020_092041.JPG

>Arc System Works.

Oh so Blazblue might eventually be ported to Nintendo after all huehue

But yea, on the console itself; I have to say I'm impressed, I just hope it doesn't end being as gimmicky as the Wii U and its much more accommodating without the "main" controller. The third party support gives me hope in addition to their first party titles. And PLEASE for the love of god, bundle the other controller with the console. 

• Thumbs Up 1