Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

7 hours ago, LunarEdge said:

A friend of mine was searching the Switch on a Canadian Toys R'us site and it was temporarily priced at $330 CAD, which is roughly $250 USD. I really wish they took a screen shot or something. Can anyone else confirm?

Not that I'm canadian, but I saw it too or at least a screencap of it. I think it was $329 CAD.

In other news, ex ssmb member/SSR host Etika aka iceman was showing off what looked like a switch on stream earlier today

JtEZqF7.png

lZesYfv.jpg

CxQ5xPUWgAA6juc.jpg

is it real?

nintendo pls

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's just fake. I looked really closely at the screenshot, and I noticed that the buttons on Etika's controller look a bit different than it does on offical screenshots

Spoiler

From official screenshots

image.jpeg

From Etika's controller

image.jpeg

Not gonna lie, though. it's a pretty damn fine replica. I wonder how long it took for him to make it.

One guy was able to fairly easily replicate a concept design from a patent and made a ton of people online believe it was the real NX controller.

Given we've gotten an extremely good look at this its not shocking at all that someone is able to replicate this. And yeah, it looks way too different to be an actual model, and there's no way Etika of all people would get a "review copy" of a Switch, especially this early. Even a prototype, why would Etika of all people get a prototype? And why does the prototype look so different from the real thing?

In all fairness, the WiiU pad changed noticably between reveal and release, so it wouldn't be unheard of for the final NX pads to be significantly different too.

wiiu_pree31.jpg

That being said, yeah I doubt this is real.

On 11/15/2016 at 1:44 AM, Blacklightning said:

In all fairness, the WiiU pad changed noticably between reveal and release, so it wouldn't be unheard of for the final NX pads to be significantly different too.

wiiu_pree31.jpg

That being said, yeah I doubt this is real.

There was a much longer time span between when we first saw the Wii U gamepad and when the console launched. I'd be surprised if the design wasn't finalized when we saw the first trailer for the Switch.

Nobody commented, but yeah, its fake. The same people who made the NX controller leak made this for Etika.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-17-the-3d-printed-nintendo-switch-is-a-brilliant-fake

Eurogamer also apparently has news tomorrow on Switch.

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/268738-eurogamer-to-have-new-switch-news-tomorrow

Ugh...

Report: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day

According to both of our sources at Ubisoft and Nintendo, on the day the Switch launches, it’ll launch alongside a new Ubisoft-developed turn based RPG, with the name suggesting it will be a crossover of the Raving Rabbids and Mario series.

The game, whose formal title has not yet been confirmed but is currently under the working title “Mario RPG: Invasion of the Rabbids”, is being developed under the watchful monitoring of Nintendo, ensuring that it both hits launch day and that it conforms to Nintendo’s own internal specifications for how Mario characters and iconography should be presented.

The title will focus on the Mario universe being invaded by Ubisoft’s Rabbids characters, some friend and some foe, and will feature a new Bowser form based around the design of the Rabbids as a recurring boss enemy. While there will be numerous cameo appearances from the Mario series’ best known characters, the core party will feature numerous, more minor characters. There is a particular focus on Yoshi as a primary party member, alongside a playable Rabbid.

The title will have a playable demo ready for press to experience in January, and will feature a quicksave system to ensure that saving is possible on short notice if the battery on the Switch handheld is running low. Part of the planned press demo includes the JoyCons vibrating to imply a Rabbid jumping into and out of them from the TV or handheld screen. The idea is to imply your system is infested with Rabbids, and that they could at any time jump out of your controller and interfere with gameplay.

The title is going to be one of the cornerstone trailers shown when Nintendo details the system further in January. Nintendo intends to pitch the project to consumers as a Mario RPG project in collaboration with Ubisoft, in spite of Ubisoft doing most of the work on development.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/11/report-ubisoft-developing-rabbids-mario-crossover-rpg-for-switch-launch-day/

Can you believe it? Rabbids will get an adventure with Mario before Sonic!

At least it's a new Mario RPG...

Well, if that means a possible Rayman cameo or even playable presence, I'm not against the idea. Let's see what comes out of it before we freak out.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

and will feature a new Bowser form based around the design of the Rabbids as a recurring boss enemy

Uuuuuughhhhhh. I'm gonna be sick, please no.

I remember hearing a rumor of a Yoshi/Rabbids crossover before the switch was revealed and I feared it because I thought that it was going to yet another mini game compilation. But this is so out of the ordinary that I'm actually interested in it and want to see gameplay. However I'm a bit pessimistic about it being a launch game since if the rumors are lead to be true we're getting the 3D Mario game and Mario Kart 8 remastered at the switches launch. So having 3 Mario games at launch feels a bit too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rabbids Go Home was a damn fine game and proved that the Rabbids could be an entertianing concept when attached to an actual proper game with consistent, investable mechanics rather than minigame fiascos (not that I've played any of them, they were of no interest to me).  I'm cautiously optimistic for another proper adventure with them.

I also feel... or at least hope... with Mario in tow, they'll have to be a little more clever with their humour and less crude (not that they were ever that crude to begin with, just a bit cheeky in a frankly very European humour way).

• Thumbs Up 7

While I am always ready to be excited for a Mario RPG with a party of minor characters, the idea of it being a Rabbids crossover is horrible.  Does anyone even still care about those wretched little gremlins?

On the other hand, Eurogamer (who've been consistently accurate in their Switch reporting) is reporting that there'll be a Sun/Moon third version on Switch called Pokemon Stars:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version
Just in case anyone wasn't convinced yet that the Switch is also a 3DS successor.

10 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I remember hearing a rumor of a Yoshi/Rabbids crossover before the switch was revealed and I feared it because I thought that it was going to yet another mini game compilation. But this is so out of the ordinary that I'm actually interested in it and want to see gameplay. However I'm a bit pessimistic about it being a launch game since if the rumors are lead to be true we're getting the 3D Mario game and Mario Kart 8 remastered at the switches launch. So having 3 Mario games at launch feels a bit too much.

Mario Kart isn't launch. It's a few months after.

9 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Rabbids Go Home was a damn fine game and proved that the Rabbids could be an entertianing concept when attached to an actual proper game with consistent, investable mechanics rather than minigame fiascos (not that I've played any of them, they were of no interest to me).  I'm cautiously optimistic for another proper adventure with them.

I also feel... or at least hope... with Mario in tow, they'll have to be a little more clever with their humour and less crude (not that they were ever that crude to begin with, just a bit cheeky in a frankly very European humour way).

I mean that's like, one game out of the whole game series. And then there was the show...idk I'm not personally holding out for something exactly new with them 

A Mario/Rabbids crossover can be either amazing or disastrous. There is no in between.

In any event, having both a new 3D Mario platformer AND RPG available on launch day will immediately push this into "best Nintendo system launch day ever" for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

A new Mario RPG is always cool, but... why does it have to be a crossover with the Rabbids?

Like, I've only played the first three Rabbids games and Rabbids Land, and I thought they were okay (except for Rabbids Land, that game was utter crap.), but I'm not sure if a crossover between it and Mario would work. They just look so out-of-place to be in Mario's world.

But whatever, we'll have to wait and see if the rumor is true, and if it is, then hopefully it'll be a good game.

i enjoyed the Rabbids tv show, when it was still airing. i would be more into them, if they had an openworld sandbox game  like Ubisoft's other sandbox games (Assassin's Creed, Watch_Doge)

On 11/18/2016 at 8:53 AM, FFWF said:

On the other hand, Eurogamer (who've been consistently accurate in their Switch reporting) is reporting that there'll be a Sun/Moon third version on Switch called Pokemon Stars:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version
Just in case anyone wasn't convinced yet that the Switch is also a 3DS successor.

if this is true then BAM!! more than 10 million consoles sold in the game's release first week! 

• 2 weeks later...

Could care less about rabbits. If I were 11 years younger than maybe. I'm just waiting to laugh when they ship 7 units a store @.@ I'll need to camp early