Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

19 minutes ago, Conando Claus said:

That was somewhat believable until she said Pokemon Stars would have 20 NEW Pokemon. Yeah, no. It's still a generation 7 game. An expanded regional dex is a different matter entirely (see: BW2)

Yeah that did sound a little suspect, although I can't recall if LKD got anything wrong off the top of my head.

I mean, maybe it would make sense if: [Minor Sun and Moon Spoilers]

Spoiler

they were new Ultra Beasts.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Fun said:

Yeah that did sound a little suspect, although I can't recall if LKD got anything wrong off the top of my head.

I mean, maybe it would make sense if: [Minor Sun and Moon Spoilers]

Hide contents

they were new Ultra Beasts.

Actually, LKD later clarified in the thread that Eurogamer's Tom Philips (Originator of the rumor) said that he didn't think the whole "new 20 Pokemon"  thing was happening. LKD hasn't gotten a single thing wrong so far but i still would take that with a huge grain of salt.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Conando Claus said:

That was somewhat believable until she said Pokemon Stars would have 20 NEW Pokemon. Yeah, no. It's still a generation 7 game. An expanded regional dex is a different matter entirely (see: BW2)

Ah, but it is possible, even reasonable, if those new Pokemon were to be Alola Forms.

Every third version since Gen III has added new Pokemon forms - usually just a handful for legendaries and other special Pokemon, admittedly.  But just last generation, ORAS added a bunch of new Mega Evolutions mid-generation - around twenty, to be exact.  The exercise of creating new forms is essentially similar to that of creating new Pokemon in terms of design, spriting, modelling...  And Gen VII really does need those new Alola Forms to beef up its slimline number of new Pokemon and paltry existing selection of Alola Forms.  Just yesterday I noted that I hoped Stars would add more Alola Forms, before I knew that this rumour existed.

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Ah, but it is possible, even reasonable, if those new Pokemon were to be Alola Forms.

Every third version since Gen III has added new Pokemon forms - usually just a handful for legendaries and other special Pokemon, admittedly.  But just last generation, ORAS added a bunch of new Mega Evolutions mid-generation - around twenty, to be exact.  The exercise of creating new forms is essentially similar to that of creating new Pokemon in terms of design, spriting, modelling...  And Gen VII really does need those new Alola Forms to beef up its slimline number of new Pokemon and paltry existing selection of Alola Forms.  Just yesterday I noted that I hoped Stars would add more Alola Forms, before I knew that this rumour existed.

It's not just the Alolan forms that could get new additions though.  Legendaries like Marshadow and Necrozma are top candidates in receiving membership to the This Isn't Even My Final Form Club.  However, if it is 20 new monsters, then it's likely the bulk are new Alolan forms.  Although hopefully this time they're not all lazily made dark types this time.  I'd like to say we might get new UBs, since they're some of the most refreshingly designed entries in the series, but I'd see it as more likely the existing ones simply get new forms before any new additions were made.  At least within Gen VII anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

Instead of lazily made Dark Types, they'll be lazily made Fairy types instead! Seriously though, it's kind of hard to judge what typing changes there could be for other Alolan forms. As for UBs, that's not going to happe. That's under new Pokemon being added to a generation, not forms. They're actually part of the Pokedex and are classified as Pokemon by the mechanics of the game itself, though not the story.

Need a good laugh to start your morning off right, guys? Here ya go. Comedy gold from the "leaker" known as "Geno".

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MOlzz3s4jnik8lKLjNa8vLPyEFv35jNqqdJghIEk4mg/edit?pageId=106616208938932224254

Here's just a sample of his previous "leaks".

http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rumor-behind-the-scenes-with-first-party-hardware-and-third-party-softwear-next-gen/

Also keep in mind that in that same AMA LKD says she has no Japanese contacts so I'd take anything about Japan based developers with a grain oof salt. There's also a chance of disinformation from her sources as well.

"Pikmin Wars"? Really?

And there's no way Nintendo gets the new Dissidia first lol this shit is fake as fuck

• Thumbs Up 2

Also it's as if everyone's acting as if THIS Doesn't exist or is some kind of ruse

NX_Partners-1200x794.jpg?width=960

Nintendo had to get clearance from everyone of these companies and has more than likely sent them all Devkits

Not to mention that despite their reduced support later in the cycle, Namco Bandai, Capcom, SEGA WB, Ubisoft, and Koei-Tecmo all tend to have multiple titles, and several have actually strong support moreso on the Japanese side. Fact is NB, and Capcom will likely have 3+ games each at launch or in the launch period, and any multiplat that Capcom is releasing near Switch release such as UMVC3 Is SUPER likely to be on the Switch. Also don't forget that the wii-u even got Batman Arkham City and Injustice 1 in it's launch year, so I definitely wouldn't rule out Injustice 2 especially with the on the go appeal.

Everybody is acting like there will be no major third party games at launch despite everything else pointing otherwise and all developer feedback we've been hearing on the system being positive. It's getting ridiculous and I really hope this all gets cleared up on the 12

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

"Pikmin Wars"? Really?

And there's no way Nintendo gets the new Dissidia first lol this shit is fake as fuck

May as well throw KH2.8 in there too lol. And World of Final Fantasy.

Image result for wii u third party partners

This is the Wii U's "third party support"

I'll go by what we know about Nintendo from previous consoles and from what we've actually seen now(Skyrim)  and not press releases and hope.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

I'll go by what we know about Nintendo from previous consoles and from what we've actually seen now(Skyrim)  and not press releases and hope.

Pretty sure all of those released at least 1 game within 2 years of launch. Even if  the support wasn't strongest the system was fumbled over all. However BN, Kt, UBi, SEGA, and WB all released at least 3 games if not more.

Just now, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Pretty sure all of those released at least 1 game within 2 years of launch. Even if  the support wasn't strongest the system was fumbled over all. However BN, Kt, UBi, SEGA, and WB all released at least 3 games if not more.

It's not enough that they release games. They also have to be good. Unless you count Arkham City: Armored Edition and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric games worth grabbing a console for. 

You'll probably be satisfied with whatever they come up with, so there's no point in arguing with those who have their doubts.

• Thumbs Up 3

40 minutes ago, Wraith said:

No, that's 3DS's,

This is Wii U's:
RRwA3F7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

4 minutes ago, Marcello said:

No, that's 3DS's,

This is Wii U's:
RRwA3F7.jpg

And we see how that went for them. Honestly im hoping great things for the switch. But I expect it to be on par or just under xone or ps4 power wise. Basically in its mobile form. Anyone thinking that tablet will run at full power running a game like say KH3 is just being silly.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:16 PM, Hero of Legend said:

Kingdom Hearts 3, for one. It runs on UE4 which Switch supports and is not only a HUGE title, but makes so much sense with Nintendo's relationship with Disney on games like Disney Art Academy, and publishing Disney Magical World 1 and 2 in the west. And obviously the Disney audience is on Nintendo hardware for certain.

Well that and the fact that up until now, Kingdom Hearts has had installments from both Sony and Nintendo platforms.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Anyone thinking that tablet will run at full power running a game like say KH3 is just being silly.

Little evidence revealed to fuel that "poking fun" tier of an assumption.

Reposting for new page. This is a fucking crazy list of first party games if true. Not to mention Smash and other surprises. Screenshot_2016-12-22-12-41-59-1.png

Screenshot_2016-12-22-12-41-46-1.png

I fully expect for the system to be supported well by Nintendo; their systems always get fine first party support - albeit some more than others, but all get something of worth in the end.

I would like to see a complete list of what to expect in 2017 from third parties, and Retro Studios.

Not to mention the Switch is a consolidation of both of Nintendo's hardware libraries, so a bigger first-party library is likely. The only real issue is the lack of 'western-style' 'action-adventure' titles, but fuck that, there's enough of that in the market, we don't need more.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just hope the Switch's library isn't filled with a ton of Wii U (and maybe 3DS) ports. Rereleases are nice and all, but new releases are preferable, mainly since a ton of rereleases can make getting a Switch rather pointless, if you already have a Wii U (or a 3DS or whatever.)

29 minutes ago, Remy said:

Wonder if the hand heldyness means this will take over the 3DS's position as the JRPG god machine

Probably, since the Vita is all but dead and Sony doesn't want to take a risk on another handheld, likely.

2 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I just hope the Switch's library isn't filled with a ton of Wii U (and maybe 3DS) ports. Rereleases are nice and all, but new releases are preferable, mainly since a ton of rereleases can make getting a Switch rather pointless, if you already have a Wii U (or a 3DS or whatever.)

Well, for the first year there might be a few but it's super unlikely to last beyond that. You've got to remember even consoles like the 64, Dreamcast, 360 and PS2 dealt with a lot of ports/crappy stuff in the first year before they got into peoper swing. I'm not so fussed about the Switch getting Wii U ports- the Wii U had some fantastic games not everyone played because the Wii U sold like shit.

2 hours ago, Candescence said:

Probably, since the Vita is all but dead and Sony doesn't want to take a risk on another handheld, likely.

Hell fukken yeah then. A portable RPG machine that can turn into a nice home console sounds like a godsend for me. I'm so keen to play Monster Hunter on this badboy and hopefully, in future some nice Megaten stuff

• Thumbs Up 6