Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

7 hours ago, Zippo said:

Some new info from an FCC filing.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=227286099

Emily Rogers and LKD look to be right again. It's looking to be region free going by this info.

5Zgf0kB.jpg

I've been listening around other sites too, apparently the brick on the wii-u was region free to, so it doesn't mean much

This follows up a rumor from Gonintendo earlier today, apparently retailers are starting to put up Switch displays. We could be seeing box art and whatnot by this point next week. Less than two weeks away from the big day now.

Screenshot_2016-12-29-23-09-17-1.png

Yeah but placement and promotion are important right now, and with how smart customers can be at times...yeah I know people are gonna think that the switch is a Wii U accessory. They're gonna see its in the Wii U section and automatically assume it's a Wii thing.

I figure they need to just put the promotional materials at the forefront of the game departments now. When the event actually happens they can just convert the Wii U section into the Switch section and put Wii U with 3ds or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Conando Claus said:

I figure they need to just put the promotional materials at the forefront of the game departments now. When the event actually happens they can just convert the Wii U section into the Switch section and put Wii U with 3ds or something.

RawmeatCowboy says in his rumor video that is exactly what's happening at Gamestop. Switch games will have their own section in the front of stores, while Wii U and 3DS sections will be combined into one section.

Well that's good to hear. Last thing we need is another generation of confused adults that buy games for a specific console for a different console and then come back complaining that said game won't work on that console

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Well that's good to hear. Last thing we need is another generation of confused adults that buy games for a specific console for a different console and then come back complaining that said game won't work on that console

Exactly. That's why messaging is key. They learned a harsh lesson with the Wii U, and I'm glad they've made it abundantly clear in their Switch promotional campaign this time around.

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

RawmeatCowboy says in his rumor video that is exactly what's happening at Gamestop. Switch games will have their own section in the front of stores, while Wii U and 3DS sections will be combined into one section.

That's a good idea on GameStop's part. It'd be nice if other retailers adopted that, they'd be wise to if they also want to make sure their Switch units sell. 

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/statu...90839378300929

Grant Kirkhope teased a new project on Twitter earlier, LKD then replied to him and spoiled his project for fans by saying it's apparently the Mario X Rabbids game which was a really shitty thing to do. She apparently realized this and deleted the tweet. But that's incredibly exciting if true.

26 minutes ago, Zippo said:

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/statu...90839378300929

Grant Kirkhope teased a new project on Twitter earlier, LKD then replied to him and spoiled his project for fans by saying it's apparently the Mario X Rabbids game which was a really shitty thing to do. She apparently realized this and deleted the tweet. But that's incredibly exciting if true.

Not only that but she may have compromised his NDA.  Especially all those other comments below his tweet 

48 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

Not only that but she may have compromised his NDA.  Especially all those other comments below his tweet 

That is even worse. I respect LKD but she's really starting to overstep her boundaries. That's not cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've said this before but let's look at stuff like Cloud in Smash and Sonic Mania's announcement Those weren't leaked and look at how happy people were about them. Now you look at stuff like Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Pokemon Sun/Moon since it's announcement etc yeah people were excited and happy for them but they're like "this would of been better if I didn't know about this".  I'm not against leaks but I'm just wondering why some folks just out of the blue just reveal stuff like the gamecube virtual console, the Mario x Rabbids games out of the blue and expect us to get hyped and then get mad when people complain about it? 

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I've said this before but let's look at stuff like Cloud in Smash and Sonic Mania's announcement Those weren't leaked and look at how happy people were about them. Now you look at stuff like Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Pokemon Sun/Moon since it's announcement etc yeah people were excited and happy for them but they're like "this would of been better if I didn't know about this".  I'm not against leaks but I'm just wondering why some folks just out of the blue just reveal stuff like the gamecube virtual console, the Mario x Rabbids games out of the blue and expect us to get hyped and then get mad when people complain about it? 

100% agreed with you. It's funny because she claimed the other day that she was going to stop leaking things, now she's immediately gone back on her word, and handled it extremely poorly.

For the record I'm not say that they're bad people or anything like that I just think that there needs to be a limit on this stuff. 

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

For the record I'm not say that they're bad people or anything like that I just think that there needs to be a limit on this stuff. 

Honestly, it's times like these that makes me happy that Nintendo are so great at secrecy, and makes me really confident that what the leakers have been saying about internal stuff is full of BS. There is a chance of some misinformation coming out of the various localization branches, but the fact is most of it comes to nothing. Same goes for the actual Japanese third party, we have no idea what Capcom, Square Enix, and Namco-Bandai have in store.... heck perhaps Konami may have an actual game in the works(or co-development, they are willing to lend IPS to Nintendo, and I'm sure Ncube would be happe to work with some of their previous IPs). So far we have a few things from Ubi, but we also have no idea about anything from other western developers, like WB's who ussually put a good turnout at launch

>Nintendo are so good at secrecy 

>Remembers Smash Bro's and NX leaks, (and I think the new 3DS was originally leaked)

I mean they aren't SEGA bad, but still...

• Thumbs Up 2

SEGA did a good job at not getting their stuff leaked so they're better in that regard. 

59 minutes ago, KHCast said:

>Remembers Smash Bro's and NX leaks, (and I think the new 3DS was originally leaked)

Nintendo has had a lot of leaks this year actually, nearly everything about the Switch was leaked beforehand, some guy named Supermetaldave leaked most of their 3DS lineup this year, Pokemon had numerous leaks, and eurogamer leaked the existence of Super Mario Switch and Splatoon hours before the reveal. Not to mention, Eurogamers and multiple others have it on good authority that Pokemon Stars and Mario X Rabbids are Indeed real things happening. It's been an insanely leaky year.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, KHCast said:

Smash Bros was ESRB not Nintendo, and that was post reveal. We still have no idea what games they are bringing to the party. Systems tend to leak easier due to approval and marketing groups who are looser lipped

7 hours ago, Zippo said:

Nintendo has had a lot of leaks this year actually, nearly everything about the Switch was leaked beforehand, some guy named Supermetaldave leaked most of their 3DS lineup this year, Pokemon had numerous leaks, and eurogamer leaked the existence of Super Mario Switch and Splatoon hours before the reveal. Not to mention, Eurogamers and multiple others have it on good authority that Pokemon Stars and Mario X Rabbids are Indeed real things happening. It's been an insanely leaky year.

Almost everything you mentioned involves third parties not internal studios(Gamefreak is a third party you know) as for SMS and Splatoon, well there's lucky guesses, or early press events

And like I said we have no idea what Nintendo or most Japanese third parties are bringing to the table.

Sorry in advance for this being somewhat off topic, but I feel like it's relevant in this situation where we're talking about leaks.

In this day and age, it's getting harder and harder to keep things under wraps, mostly to no fault of the developers. We live in an era where it's easy to give and receive information and there are always going to be people who seemingly think that giving people relevant information quickly is in their best interest regardless of what happens to their career. People who break NDAs, while they baffle me, clearly seem to think it's worth it, because it happens time and time again.

Most leaks probably come from game testers or marketing/pr people rather than directly from one of the programmers, artists, or other primary-content-creators. Content creators mostly seem to understand that their content is their livelihood, and thus won't risk it by showing off their content earlier than intended- it's overall a bad move even if an NDA isn't involved, as you don't want to give people too much info about the content you're providing or people will be less inclined to want it before it's released, because they practically know everything about it already.

To make this post slightly more relevant to the actual ongoing topic, I for one mostly believe many (emphasis: not all) of the Switch leaks just because many of them have already been correct thus far. But I'm still going to hold out on that "1%" chance it's wrong, a wait and see approach for the Switch presentation that will be the "make-or-break-it" for 99% of leaks or rumors for the Switch. I've learned over the past never to be 100% certain on anything you can't prove or know for sure, so just in case I'm wrong, I'll reserve that 1% of doubt just so I won't have to save face later.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Zippo said:

And ironically in the reverse, SEGA managed are still managing very well to keep Project 2017 and Mania under wraps as much as they want.

Yet another case of 2016's crazy reverse psychology of expectations trend.

LKD is now saying she's heard from an NOA source that Zelda may be making launch after all, that means we may have Mario and Zelda at launch, or that Mario may be pushed back. Though the news conflicts with her NOE sources. Emily Rogers said she'd have one more Zelda scoop before the big show next week which is most likely referring to the same thing, but she's now deleted the tweet.

Screenshot_2017-01-01-07-55-38-1.png

WwzSj6xl.jpg