Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

So here's some actual, interesting news

http://nintendoeverything.com/many-unreal-engine-built-games-on-the-way-to-switch-rep-says/

Many Unreal Engine-built games on the way to Switch, rep says

Posted on January 1, 2017 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 0 Likes

nintendo-switch-656x369.jpg

Right after Nintendo announced Switch, Unreal Engine came out in support of the new platform. A tweet at the time mentioned that the company is “thrilled to partner with Nintendo to help Unreal Engine 4 developers bring their games to Nintendo Switch”.

Now we have some new comments from Takayuki Kawasaki, territory manager for Epic Games Japan. In an interview with Japanese website Social VR Info, he mentioned that Switch does indeed support Unreal Engine, and there are actually a lot of titles coming that are using the technology on Nintendo’s new console. This includes releases of already announced major titles and new games. His final statement was vague, but Kawasaki indicated that he’s hoping the Japanese console business picks up more steam from Switch’s arrival.

On a somewhat related note, Dragon Quest XI will be using Unreal Engine 4. After Square Enix announced that back in Summer 2015, there was an uptick in usage of Unreal Engine by Japanese-type titles. Perhaps we’ll be seeing some of these games on Switch in the future.

Even just looking at the Japanese side of things (who support all they can so gaming remains strong, and since this could quite easily be a major boon in japan) Both Cacpom and Namco tend to lean towards heavy supports on Nintendo systems, and Tekken, MVC:I and MVC3 all run on Unreal and are easy candidates. In fact Tekken 7's release date has been kept to be revealed until an unknown event this month.

Also something interesting from Sakurai, my guess is Battle Clash/Metal Combat revival

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271189-sakurai-shares-a-recent-mech-toy-purchase-he-made-teases-that-it

Sakurai shares a recent mech toy purchase he made, teases that it's related to his work

31 December, 2016 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 15

vifam-656x391.jpg

The following information comes from a Denfaminicogamer interview with Masahiro Sakurai...

- Sakurai sometimes purchases figures for his work
- he recently bought a Vifam figurine
- Vifam is from the 1983 mech anime Ginga Hyōryū Vifam
- Sakurai wanted the attached rifle gun to use as a reference for his work

23 minutes ago, Zippo said:

LKD is now saying she's heard from an NOA source that Zelda may be making launch after all, that means we may have Mario and Zelda at launch, or that Mario may be pushed back. Though the news conflicts with her NOE sources. Emily Rogers said she'd have one more Zelda scoop before the big show next week which is most likely referring to the same thing, but she's now deleted the tweet.

Screenshot_2017-01-01-07-55-38-1.png

WwzSj6xl.jpg

Maybe it's a launch title in the US, but not in Europe?

If you want to remain unspoiled for next week's presentation, you guys may want to jump out soon. Print media such as Gameinformer have apparently already gotten official Switch info ahead of next week's presentation and it could leak any time. LKD deleted her tweets very quickly afterwards, though. I don't think she was supposed to say that. 

hkspxbkes77y.jpg

On 1/1/2017 at 9:55 AM, Operationgamer17 said:

Maybe it's a launch title in the US, but not in Europe?

I don't think Nintendo would release a game this big unless it's a worldwide release.

There's been rumors that Zelda will launch in March after all. If it does I'll be there to pick up the system day one for sure. Bring it on.

How does that woman still have a job? She's as prolific a leaker as I've ever seen, and by far the most open, yet somehow people keep entrusting her with secrets.

Why?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Patticus said:

How does that woman still have a job? She's as prolific a leaker as I've ever seen, and by far the most open, yet somehow people keep entrusting her with secrets.

Why?

She's essentially her own boss. Aside from the odd freelance gig and collabs with other games jorunalists, she mainly just runs the Patreon-funded letsplayvideogames.com now. Her sources, according to a recent Reddit AMA, are fans of her work that want to see her succeed in her career.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I'm more annoyed that she said that she wouldn't reveal anymore leaks then went back on her word. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is it bad that things are leaked. All this is doing is helping nintendo in the long run. Now if there is a NDA then yea you should not cross that line to much but nintendo needs all the hype it can get with this system. The wii was hyped as well and let still feel to the bottom of the scraps table with its games with companies saying things much like the switch and how its so innovative. But honestly all nintendo need do is say mario or zelda and fans would trip over themselves to get it. Noting else, just say those two names and youll keep the top tier fans happy. Still I have hopes this system does well. Do i expect it to compete with the pro or scorpio in terms of power and games? Not by a long shot. But i do expect to see some fun games for it.

11 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Do i expect it to compete with the pro or scorpio in terms of power and games? Not by a long shot. But i do expect to see some fun games for it.

Being completely on the same level of power as opposed to within margins of each other in the same field? Probably not, but games aught to be another story if the Switch's cards are played right.

11 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Why is it bad that things are leaked. All this is doing is helping nintendo in the long run.

Do you really even need to ask? Even ignoring all the bad assumptions, first impressions and whatnot renegade leaks can generate when they don't even have the full context, it's quite obvious why leaks aren't exactly heralded as a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not to mention that until actual information comes out all leaks are simply Rumors. And personally I think a lot of leakers are full of themselves and tend to lack the full picture

12 hours ago, Josh said:

There's been rumors that Zelda will launch in March after all. If it does I'll be there to pick up the system day one for sure. Bring it on.

I wonder where this leaves 3D Mario then. It definitely won't be at launch now. I can see Mario Kart being a launch title definitely, but i wonder how many games they'll be pushing themselves launch day, with BOTW now apparently being the biggest day one game available.

7 hours ago, Patticus said:

Why?

She's in a very enviable position, I'll say that much.

Also, Emily Rogers once again backs her up on these.

Screenshot_2017-01-02-12-43-18-1.png

Everyone's favorite leaker is at it again. Beyond Good and Evil, Rayman and the Rabbids and Mario Crossover now has a name.

If people here want to go into next week's presentation fresh, i recommend leaving every gaming forum you visit regularly, now. We're only into Tuesday and it's just going to get worse, going by what I've seen and heard. Multiple journalists have already seen and played Switch games, details could leak at literally any moment.

Screenshot_2017-01-03-09-05-35-1.png

Screenshot_2017-01-03-09-05-39-1-1.png

Screenshot_2017-01-03-09-05-47-1.png

11 hours ago, Jovahexeon New Year NiGHTS said:

Being completely on the same level of power as opposed to within margins of each other in the same field? Probably not, but games aught to be another story if the Switch's cards are played right.

Do you really even need to ask? Even ignoring all the bad assumptions, first impressions and whatnot renegade leaks can generate when they don't even have the full context, it's quite obvious why leaks aren't exactly heralded as a good thing.

Marketing taught me otherwise lol. For some the leak and false anger and quick removals is a ploy were taught to do many times in graduate.

It's not a Nintendo handheld launch without a Rayman port, huh?

BG&E 2 only bein a timed exclusive is surprising. I thought Nintendo would be funding it.

11 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

For some the leak and false anger and quick removals is a ploy were taught to do many times in graduate.

"Many times in graduate".......for what exactly? There's got to actually be a beneficial rhyme or reason here if your "marketing" class supposedly taught you about renegade leaking.

"Rabbids Kingdom Battle" doesn't sound like the name of a game with Mario in it; there aren't many games featuring Mario which don't have his name in the title, and I'm pretty sure he'll be the bigger draw than the Rabbids.  Could be another codename, though, perhaps to hide the inclusion of Mario from the uninitiated.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon New Year NiGHTS said:

"Many times in graduate".......for what exactly? There's got to actually be a beneficial rhyme or reason here if your "marketing" class supposedly taught you about renegade leaking.

Yes to create hype. To create a pre-launch craze and get people doing exactly what your doing here. Your all promoting Nintendo way more than they ever could dream. The spread of titles that may or may not be fake. The drive to now want to tune in next week to see what's really or not. Regardless the jobs done. People are excited now. Honestly this could be another wii u all over but there is much more hype for this than the wii or wiiu ever drove.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

"Rabbids Kingdom Battle" doesn't sound like the name of a game with Mario in it; there aren't many games featuring Mario which don't have his name in the title, and I'm pretty sure he'll be the bigger draw than the Rabbids.  Could be another codename, though, perhaps to hide the inclusion of Mario from the uninitiated.

Assuming it's legit, I'd guess the game is a Rabbids game first and foremost, just with some Mario theming and cameos, rather than an equal parts crossover.

Kind of like that Mario basketball game that had Final Fantasy characters because ???, but Mario's the guest this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

Everyone's favorite leaker is at it again. Beyond Good and Evil, Rayman and the Rabbids and Mario Crossover now has a name.

If people here want to go into next week's presentation fresh, i recommend leaving every gaming forum you visit regularly, now. We're only into Tuesday and it's just going to get worse, going by what I've seen and heard. Multiple journalists have already seen and played Switch games, details could leak at literally any moment.

Screenshot_2017-01-03-09-05-35-1.png

Screenshot_2017-01-03-09-05-39-1-1.png

Screenshot_2017-01-03-09-05-47-1.png

Seriously, why is she still doing this when she said she'd stop lol? Is she just trying to annoy people?

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

If people here want to go into next week's presentation fresh, i recommend leaving every gaming forum you visit regularly, now. We're only into Tuesday and it's just going to get worse, going by what I've seen and heard.

Or, people could spoiler information that  would ruin obvious surprises for the event, like we do for E3 and stuff. :\

I mean there's no excuse for my lurking on here at the moment and other places just for any small info, as if I won't happen across something big accidentally, (I can't help it... :T)  but if we know big stuff's getting leaked ahead of time in the first place, the least we can do is try to be considerate for those who don't want to know about the biggest reveals of the event before it's time

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Seriously, why is she still doing this when she said she'd stop lol? Is she just trying to annoy people?

What's annoying about what she's doing?

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

What's annoying about what she's doing?

Noting really. It's people that want to be surprised yet seem to frequent or share any switch news.they find. Noting leaked is really a surprise if real. Now if it were metroid or say a widget sequel that would be a surprise. A new Mario game or excuse me several new Mario's and a Zelda game is no surprise. And rabbids lord help us