- 1 2 Switch 
- Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2
- Nobunaga no Yabou Power Kit thingy
- I am Setsuna
- Puyo Puyo Tetris S
- Disgaea 5
- Super Bomberman R

• Thumbs Up 4

Considering all the new stuff they packed into the Joycons I'm not surprised they turned out that expensive. To be honest I still prefer that to how they handled the WiiU, where you couldn't get a new gamepad at all from retail and had to have it shipped out to you, so it was an absolute bitch and a half if you broke one.

General thoughts on this are meh. Zelda, FE, and Mario were cool, but the 3rd party support leaves much to be desired(looks like UMvC3, MvC:I, and KH3 aren't coming after all to switch like people had assumed lol), and the online charging, one of the thing I usually respected Nintendo for avoiding, being there, killed off most of my interest almost completely. Even if Smash was there, needing to pay for online now makes me less incentived. I already need to pay for PS+, fuck that I'm not paying for shit Nintendo has easily been doing for free. The conference itself was boring as shit and came off very soulless and cynical most of the time, and honestly, I wish they would have just done a Nintendo stream thing like they've been doing for E3.  Zelda being a release title is cool, but it's price, and the aforementioned online charging leaves a lot to be desired. And the prices for the controllers are laughable. Definitely not getting this at launch, and probably will wait till holiday this year.

I love how the game cases look though.  Freed up a little of the usual console branding space for more art and it looks pretty snazzy.

Ike better be in FE Warriors. 

Loved the games, system looks ok. Zelda and Mario blew my mind, paid online sucks. Does that about cover it?

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to give credit where credit is due. Emily Rogers was spot on. Laura Kate Dale, on the other hand, is now completely untrustworthy.

Also something to consider: Seems a lot of fall games from Nintendo themselves are being kept for E3

8 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Also something to consider: Seems a lot of fall games from Nintendo themselves are being kept for E3

For sure, Pokemon, Retro's title, Smash, and Pikmin are guaranteed big hitters at E3.

Also, i think tomorrow we'll find out more on third party support, here's 2 Japanese ones that'll be at the demo tomorrow

• Romance of the Three Kingdoms
TV Mode playable
• Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence

I wouldn't rule out I2 or UMVC3 just yet, they may get separate announcements tomorrow

12 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Also, i think tomorrow we'll find out more on third party support, here's 2 Japanese ones that'll be at the demo tomorrow

• Romance of the Three Kingdoms
TV Mode playable
• Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence

I wouldn't rule out I2 or UMVC3 just yet, they may get separate announcements tomorrow

Like @Marcellohad said I think yesterday, Nintendo treehouse events usually aren't to announce games, just go into detail of already existing ones. Considering UMVC3's release date is early March, and Nintendo was really trying to show off appealing 3rd party games(aside from EA's section) this would have been the best time out of any to show off titles like Infinite and UMVC3. IF they announce new stuff tomorrow and neither of those two are shown still, it's not happening.

Honestly, I hate being a pessimist, but this thing is looking like a mess.

First of all, the pricing for everything is outrageous.

$50 for a Joy Con?

$70 for a Pro Controller?

$90 for the dock?

That's ON TOP of the $300 asking price. So if you want a Switch, Zelda, and a Pro Controller, that's $430 goddamn dollars.

The launch line up as looking rather anemic as well. Outside of Zelda, there isn't anything that enticing, really. A good number of the other games are available on other platforms, as well. Zelda is the only system seller they have at launch (and even then, its on Wii U). Also, how on Earth did Mario Kart 8 Deluxe miss launch? That should have been nailed down IMO. Better it come out finished than a buggy mess, I suppose, but it's still rather disappointing.

There were also several titles announced that had barely started production (Shin Megami Tensei), or have no release window (FE Warriors). This is more of a general game developer thing, but I wish devs would stop announcing games when they have little to show. It felt like they were padding the conference out with a few projects that have barely begun development.

The subscription is sucky, too. Not enough games to justify it, and we get monthly rentals of retro games. Yippee.

With the initial trailer, I thought Nintendo had gotten it. A clear message, an enticing concept, and all the Nintendo games on one system. But the mistakes they've made recently overshadow any confidence I might have had back then. I'll be holding off at launch, and be waiting for more games and a price drop.

Ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 8

Ok, so on a more positive note, for those of you guys who plan to get it, what do you plan to grab with it at launch?

Personally I'm going:

Switch

LOZ BOTW

Puyo Puyo Tetris(I love both series, combined with the added bonus my Grandma has been playing tetris since the original gameboy and still has an original copy she plays in her GBA SP, it means I have a game I can play with her at any time)

Super Bomberman R(want the series to stay alive, looks like a blast, and it's another great multiplayer option)

Plan to get Arms when it comes out, although it means I'll also have to get another set of Joy-cons because my sisters love boxing games.

Thankfully none of the launch titles require pro controllers for multi. for that matter for this year I'll probably stick to Joy-cons+docks because it gives me the most multiplayer for my buck, and then if I'm playing with one sister they can use it in the dock

I'm only getting BoTW so far. If Bomberman R releases around then I'll get it too, might look into Rayman Legends Definitive. Totally uninterested in 1-2-Switch, though.

I've never bought a console at launch and by the looks of it I continue my tradition. 

The pricing for the console is about right. The accessories are overpriced.

The launch line up is missing meat to it and I fear that will hurt Nintendo.

On the positive side I will eventually get to play Mania and MK8 deluxe and SM odessey looks fantastic.

So if you're looking to flesh things out, and know Japanese, here's the Japanese launch line-up thanks to Neogaf

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228240215&postcount=1

Launch (March 3):
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit
I Am Setsuna
Puyo Puyo Tetris S
Disgaea 5
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 with Power Up Kit
Super Bomberman R
Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
Snipperclips
1-2-Switch

April 28:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Spring:
Minna de Waiwai! Spelunker
ARMS

Summer:
Splatoon 2

Winter:
Super Mario Odyssey

2017:
Xenoblade 2

TBD:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Newest title in Shin Megami Tensei series
Project Octopath Traveler
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
NBA 2k18
BlazBlue
FIFA
Sonic Mania
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest X
Fire Emblem Musou (Warriors)
Project Sonic 2017
Derby Stallion
Taiko no Tatsujin
Arcade Archives
"Tales of" series
Story of Seasons (Harvest Moon)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Minecraft

There's some good ones on there... if you read Japanese

Also this

C2B0XarUUAEnD1w.jpg

25 minutes ago, Toa Axis said:

Honestly, I hate being a pessimist, but this thing is looking like a mess.

First of all, the pricing for everything is outrageous.

$50 for a Joy Con?

$70 for a Pro Controller?

$90 for the dock?

That's ON TOP of the $300 asking price. So if you want a Switch, Zelda, and a Pro Controller, that's $430 goddamn dollars.

The launch line up as looking rather anemic as well. Outside of Zelda, there isn't anything that enticing, really. A good number of the other games are available on other platforms, as well. Zelda is the only system seller they have at launch. Also, how on Earth did Mario Kart 8 Deluxe miss launch? That should have been nailed down IMO. Better it come out finished than a buggy mess, I suppose, but it's still rather disappointing.

There were also several titles announced that had barely started production (Shin Megami Tensei), or have no release window (FE Warriors). This is more of a general game developer thing, but I wish devs would stop announcing games when they have little to show. It felt like they were padding the conference out with a few projects that have barely begun development.

The subscription is sucky, too. Not enough games to justify it, and we get monthly rentals of retro games. Yippee.

With the initial trailer, I thought Nintendo had gotten it. A clear message, an enticing concept, and all the Nintendo games on one system. But the mistakes they've made recently overshadow any confidence I might have had back then. I'll be holding off at launch, and be waiting for more games and a price drop.

Ridiculous.

Same here, while there some really cool stuff announced for the Switch and chances are that more cool news will come in the following months, this just feels like a " one step forward two steps back" situation and I hope that it will at least do well to help encourage 3rd parties to develop for the console.

On the bright side, it will have the 3DS's lineup of developers and it will do gangbusters in Japan because the console Dragon's Quest titles will be available on the go.

Also I hope that the yearly subscription will not cost $60 like Xbox live because only having online and one 20 year old game doesn't justify that price.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I hope the online charge is more reasonable like their only other service fee the ever had, Pokemon Bank is 5 dollars a year total. Of course Nintendo isn't going to charge only 5 for the entire online service but it'd be nice if it were something below 40 a year.

30 minutes ago, Conando said:

Yeah, I hope the online charge is more reasonable like their only other service fee the ever had, Pokemon Bank is 5 dollars a year total. Of course Nintendo isn't going to charge only 5 for the entire online service but it'd be nice if it were something below 40 a year.

Yup, especially given that, unlike with PS4/XB1, there aren't a large number of games with online functionality to really justify the paywall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also Wonderboy remake is confirmed, wouldn't be surprised to see Indie games come out of the wood-works tomorrow, especially for the launch window. Redout is also confirmed

Mario Odyssey and Zelda: BotW were amazing.

Everything else I felt was mediocre at best (first-party launch lineup, third-party showcase) and outright atrocious at worst (online play being locked behind paywall, online service "features", price of system/accessories).

I could probably go on a long ramble on what I felt Nintendo really missed the point in each area I mentioned, but the short of it is that personally, the conference was to me a big disappointment, even though I went in with low expectations; and the Switch just looks really unappealing to me as a product. And that really sucks IMO because I did want to give this platform a chance, and in other circumstances, I would had been on board with the Switch just on Mario Odyssey alone. That game looks absolutely brilliant, I love 3D Marios and in most cases would get them on pure principle. But not with what Nintendo's selling as their next platform.

• Thumbs Up 2

Paid Online (and Nintendo hasn't got our trust)
1 SNES/NES "free" game per month on the sub (laughable compared to MS and Sony's offerings)
...(oh and did I forget to mention, you only have 30 days to play this "free" game?) 
$70/$80 Controllers
Probably <10 launch games 
$299 for console
$60 games
Must pay one-off fee for the mobile app if you want to use all of its features (Voice chat, messaging etc.)

Look, Nintendo...I think you made an amazing device. Super Mario Odyssey looks fantastic.

But you becoming like Apple isn't going to work with these premiums and we are looking at another Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I hear you all complaining about pricing but consider this It'sthe most powerful hardware you can get in that form factor combined with the most sophisticated controllers ever designed. Full button layout, advanced IR that doesn't require a point of reference, NFC, more refined gyros than motion plus, and the most advanced form of rumble ever made, in a package a third of the size of a wiimote. It's at that price for a reason. They've made a system that's capable of both a unique vision and classic game play that can be taken on the go and used in 90% of multiplayer games right out of the box. and that's impressive, and follows Nintendo iconic sense of style.

Also the voice chat ap is optional. you can do it all through the system, smart phone is just for convience

The online stuff is complete trash. The worst online service now has to be paid for. Chat is locked behind a Smartphone app for no good reason. The free game stuff is the worst. Sony gives you multiple games for multiple consoles for as long as you have the subscription. Microsoft gives you multiple games for multiple consoles for as long as you have the subscription and for 360 forever, I believe. Nintendo gives you 1 NES or SNES game for a month. Absolutely pathetic.

To me, this doesn't sound like it's worth any more than 10€, but it'll certainly be more than that.

What's worse is that I won't even be able to trade Pokémon without this.

I really feel Nintendo completely flubbed this presentation. They wasted time explaining the different modes that had already been succinctly explained in the original reveal, the pricing of the console and its accessories is too high, the launch line-up is paltry and very little of particular interest was shown off for the future.

I already wasn't planning to buy one at launch, but this would have definitely swayed me away from it.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

So I hear you all complaining about pricing but consider this It'sthe most powerful hardware you can get in that form factor combined with the most sophisticated controllers ever designed. Full button layout, advanced IR that doesn't require a point of reference, NFC, more refined gyros than motion plus, and the most advanced form of rumble ever made, in a package a third of the size of a wiimote. It's at that price for a reason. They've made a system that's capable of both a unique vision and classic game play that can be taken on the go and used in 90% of multiplayer games right out of the box. and that's impressive, and follows Nintendo iconic sense of style.

Also the voice chat ap is optional. you can do it all through the system, smart phone is just for convience

Being powerful doesn't justify it being pricy as hell, plus accessories prices varying from the price of an AAA title to the price of a 3DS, I can just shove the strongest graphical card into a console and sell it for 500 bucks, and I'm justified because it's powerful hardware. That's not a very smart business strategy.

And let's not even start on Nintendo's ASS-BACKWARDS 32gb capacity, I have phones that can hold more than that, they got no fucking excuse.

• Thumbs Up 5