Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I'd take Doctor Cupcakes's tweets with a pinch of salt more than anything else regarding NX to be honest. By this point, he's harvested a reputation for straight up being incorrect on his rumors if not lying outright, to the point that GAF has banned threads specifically about his rumors. He claimed Star Fox Zero was going to be delayed again shortly before last February's Nintendo Direct, and then later claimed Nintendo was instead holding a discussion on whether to delay it the day of the Direct shortly after the contents of said Direct leaked

He never said it was. He said that it MIGHT have been delayed. 

If the controller has just a basic touchscreen, the NX is pretty much guaranteed to flop with a controller like that. But if the Tactus info actually means something... this could be one of the best console gimmicks Nintendo has made yet, imo. Not because it just raises the screen, but because the "buttons" are actually depress-able. This could mean infinite button locations, the best melding of the game world to the touch screens yet, improved DS-style inventory management without a clunky 6-inch screen wasting space and tapping uncertainty, customizable controller schemes, and a whole lot more.

It may not be the "normal" controller everyone was asking for... but it's pretty close to being the most developer-centric focused gimmick Nintendo could make yet, considering how essential controllers are as opposed to touch-screens, gyros, IR sensors, or the like.

In fact, looking at the first image more closely, the buttons on the screen look like they have the same effect of reflection as a Tactus touchscreen has in raised areas, rather than lines to indicate location:

e3Hnygp.png

dsc03647-1357632364.jpg

This controller is looking a lot better now in my eyes if it uses this. Of course whether they're actually using Tactus tech is a pretty big uncertainty, as is whether all of this is real or fake, but if this is really the case, then sign me up until the end of the line!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

He never said it was. He said that it MIGHT have been delayed. 

Ah, "might". A leaker's best friend.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Thank you. Even if there WAS trees, though, we can't possibly determine its from the exact same location with a bad angle at a reflection of a tree.

Honestly, for me don't believe anything is real until the official announcement, we're in a day in age where companies encourage customers to make their own controllers(Steam), and the technology is there to make a authentic looking controller. And yeah Patents are always a rough idea to give the idea for the base, but the final product is always more ergonomic

57 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

So, according to Dual Pixels, Nintendo is changing it's stance on rumors. 

http://dualpixels.com/2016/03/23/nintendo-changes-their-stance-on-nintendo-nx-rumors/

Anyone else not buying it? 

Not buying what?  What Nintendo said or what Dual Pixels said?

I don't see anything wrong with what Nintendo said. All they said is they're not announcing anything at this time, which is true. That doesn't mean every rumor/leak that comes out is going to be true/real, its a bs comment.

Nintendo changed one generic non-response for... another generic non-response?  What a megaton!  I don't know what a Dual Pixels is, but I do, however, know what attention-seeking and clickbait look like...

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, JaidynReiman said:

Not buying what?  What Nintendo said or what Dual Pixels said?

What Dual Pixels said.

I put together a proof-of concept on how a game like Zelda could work on the NX controller, assuming this button-less thing is real.

In short... it could be done, but a majority of the things could be done better on a traditional controller, sans the scroll wheel (which I think is a good idea and should be standard from now on, but I digress)

VsLdJG8.png

Oh, and because I forgot, pressing on the left analog stick puts up the shield. Again, un-intuitive. But it's what we have to work with.

It all goes to show that the controller has something going for it, but I'm not sure it's much.

Or this, wow (courtesy of @Azoo)

LwdiSnM.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

See? Liam confirmed it was fake. In fact, let's reiterate exactly wheat he said on stuff like this. https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined/status/712723518790705156

Ehhhh, even I who didn't buy this story from the get-go must admit that this alone is nowhere near enough to debunk what many took to be a high-profile leak.

But as for this whole revelation... http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/aceattorney/images/f/ff/Gant_Laughing_1.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140629115651  good show everyone, pack it up for E3 now!

What I was saying was, he got the confirmation it was fake, and BOOM, what do you know? It WAS fake. Let me reiterate what he said one more time: Not a whole lot of people can get access to legit prototype hardware, so take any "leaks" like this with a grain of salt. 

Hm? Alright. Let me know if StarFox Zero gets delayed again.

Curious to see how this one was faked, as it's from a different source, though:

pkfWmFK.jpg

Shucks. I was starting to get attached to the thing.

He never said it WAS being delayed again, he just said it MIGHT. Might be delayed again =/= it's being delayed again. Anyway, from what I've read on the comments section of one article, the "controller" was made in a 3-D rendering software. 

EDIT: Not sure if this has already been posted before but, here's a video of it. 

Oh come off it.

By the way a giant pink wallaby MIGHT eat @Detective Hogfather's shoes tomorrow. It hasn't decided yet, so we'll know tomorrow. Oh, and the Sun is going to rise in the morning tomorrow. Mark my words and believe me. 

32 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

EDIT: Not sure if this has already been posted before but, here's a video of it. 

On the exact same page, actually.

EDIT:

And it would seem that the second leak is in fact the same model, but given to another person who was likely more experienced to make it more believable. That's a wrap, ladies and gentlemen. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4avdcg/codename_nx/d1chdzl

• Thumbs Up 1