Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

And yet Bomberman R is 20 and Puyo Puyo Tetris is 30. How is that NOT standard? Just because Capcom likes to overcharge for old games doesn't mean Switch is doomed, come on man.

3 minutes ago, Conando said:

And yet Bomberman R is 20 and Puyo Puyo Tetris is 30. How is that NOT standard? Just because Capcom likes to overcharge for old games doesn't mean Switch is doomed, come on man.

I never said Nintendo is doomed. And I never excused those games either. (Though I'd argue those are NEW titles and offer fresh new content and look lengthy enough) Just saying the prices for some of these games are ridiculous. I mean Jesus I can buy UMVC3 PS4 almost twice vs SF2 Switch 

For what games? ONE game? There needs to be an actual trend before you can start saying there IS one. When the other 2 3rd party titles are WELL BELOW the average, and all of Nintendo's games are the average, there is no trend of the games being overpriced. Once again. Come on, man.

2 minutes ago, Conando said:

For what games? ONE game? There needs to be an actual trend before you can start saying there IS one. When the other 2 3rd party titles are WELL BELOW the average, and all of Nintendo's games are the average, there is no trend of the games being overpriced. Once again. Come on, man.

You seem to be overreacting at people finding the price of SF2 ridiculous and unjustified. I don't think anyone was shitting on all the games.:/  (though personally from what I've seen puyo puyo and Tetris always seemed like small titles that were around the 10 dollar mark.)

Are you just being facetious now? You just said games are overpriced, as did the original person I even replied to. Street Fighter 2's pricing is inexcusable, but that doesn't mean that all Switch game prices are inexcusable, or shit, even more than one.

15 minutes ago, KHCast said:

some of these games are ridiculous. 

That "some" was referring to SF2 and some of the small looking projects imo. Like I said puyo puyo X Tetris so far from what I've seen doesn't look like a $30 game, but that's just me personally . Price and worth is very subjective. And where exactly did I say all switch games prices are shitty? (Though if we're referring to the general 60 dollar model, yeah personally I think that that's a general model that needs to go down for all companies.)

When you say "some" that generally means more than one, just putting that out there. Beside that point, your initial reply indicated you were in agreement with the original post which said game prices in general were ridiculous. They're not, just Ultra Street Fighter 2 is. As for Puyo Puyo  Tetris, it was a 60 dollar game before in Japan. Well, more like 70 considering the prices over there.

34 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Street fighter 2 being $40 doesn't sound standard if you ask me. 

That's all I had said. I had just specified SF2 and had implied it wasn't a standard price for a game like that. Wasn't until after you took what I said as more that I expressed my thoughts on a FEW other games prices. Never actually attacked the switches general pricing structure 

When you say something like that you imply that the average Switch title cost isn't average. Maybe I'm reading too deep into this, but when the response to "It's pretty standard" is "(x) isn't standard" is arguing that things are in fact a major problem rather than a Capcom one. Though we will have to WAIT and see if further budget titles are that price, and if so it's time to start wondering if the storage media has something to do with it. Though then again, even with the extra cost of the media I still don't think that justifies a 30 year old game still costing 40 dollars, though maybe that's an unfair comparison. Even compared to 2 HD Remix, it's still double the price though.

The Switch games here in the UK are retailing at £60 which is quite frankly ridiculous. Xbox/PS4 Games usually retail at £50 over here. The Switch is weaker than both consoles and costs more simply because of the stupid catridge gimmick.

Also the mobile market is absolutely destroying handheld gaming. I don't like it either, but it's the reality of the situation.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 2 Switch is also way, way overpriced at $50. Mario Kart 8 is $60. $50 would've been better for a port. Arms seems fine at $60, but I think it would've been good if they released it at $50 like they did with Splatoon.

8's dlc is included with even more content on top of it. If they had some sort of upgrade program I would have loved to see that, but as is it's the typical goty edition.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Falcon said:

The Switch games here in the UK are retailing at £60 which is quite frankly ridiculous. Xbox/PS4 Games usually retail at £50 over here.

Heck most games are only around £40 now. Resident Evil 7 is out this month and is £42. Switch games are 1/3 more expensive. It's frankly ridiculous

33 minutes ago, Falcon said:

The Switch games here in the UK are retailing at £60 which is quite frankly ridiculous. Xbox/PS4 Games usually retail at £50 over here. The Switch is weaker than both consoles and costs more simply because of the stupid catridge gimmick.

What? I heard it costs $60, so how the hell does that translate as £60 in the UK? That's preposterous. Nintendo is getting over their heads with all these prices. And here I was thinking that PS4/Xbone games were overpriced.

If we let Nintendo indiscriminantly raise prices like this, then it might just end up as bad as the Japanese DVD market. Although, comparing prices of PC games to Switch games, it already seems like it may have gotten that bad. I really don't want to support Nintendo if they're going to be like this.

Guess I'll buy the Switch when their games start hitting the pre-owned section and get (a lot) cheaper.

So, for fun.

Wii U Launch Titles: 

• Assassin's Creed 3
  • Batman Arkham City 
  • Ben 10 Omniverse
  • Black Ops 2
  • DarkSiders 2
  • Epic Mickey 2
  • FIFA 13
  • Sports Connection
  • Family Party 30
  • Game Party Champion
  • Just Dance 4
  • Mass Effect 3
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Rabbids Land 
  • Skylanders Giants
  • Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Tekken Tag 2 
  • Transformers Prime 
  • Your Shape 2013
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
  • ZombiU

While a lot of these are ports, there is at least a wide variety of games for the launch. And similar to the launch we have now, there's two Nintendo developed games exclusively for the Wii U, as well as one third party exclusive title. 

Let's go over the 3DS:

• Asphalt 3D
  • AR Games
  • Face Raiders 
  • Find Mii
  • Lego Star Wars 3
  • Nintendogs + Cats
  • Pilotwings Resort
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
  • Puzzle Swap
  • Rayman 3D
  • Ridge Racer 3D
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 
  • Super Monkey Ball 3D
  • Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
  • Sims 3
  • Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
  • Splinter Cell 3D

Before going forward, I should point out I still think the launches for both the 3DS and Wii U were pretty shit. Wii U less so because that at least had a good level of ports from other systems for those who jumped right to the Wii U from the Wii, and because of this, while games were rehashed, there was still a lot of technically good launch titles, even if they were ports. Also notice the trend. 2 games from Nintendy, and multiple ports.

Now the Switch, 

• Bomberman R 
  • 1, 2 Switch! 
  • Zelda
  • Just Dance 2017
  • Skylanders Imaginatiors. 

So. We have five games. We have two created exclusively for the Switch by Nintendo. One of which is a mini-game collection that looks worse than Wii Sports and Nintendoland before it, as well as being a full priced title that doesn't come with the system like Wii Sports was, or Nintendoland. Zelda, which will be amazing, but placing all your hopes on one game, that's releasing on their last gen system as well isn't smart whatsoever. Why shell out money for the Switch when you can wait, get BotW on Wii U, and then find out which games are actually coming in the later months. I'd get it if the game was exclusive to the Switch only, but it isn't, so I don't understand how BotW is their huge trump card system seller, especially when not everyone likes Zelda and everyone who would want to play it already has a console capable of playing it because Nintendo had the game promised since the Wii U's launch in the first place. We have Bomberman R, which don't get me wrong, I like the Bomberman games, but I can't really see that being a huge system seller title. And the two ports are games that's months old, and not really diverse enough to convince those who might want the Switch to jump on board when they can get the same titles on older systems for cheaper, right now, and with a more huge and diverse library. 

Edit: For funsies, and at @Mayor D's request 

Vita Launch:

• A-Men
  • Army Corps of Hell
  • Asphalt Injection 
  • Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
  • Dungeon Hunter: Alliance 
  • Dynasty Warriors: Next
  • Escape Plan
  • Everybody's Golf: World Invitational 
  • F1 2011
  • FIFA Football
  • Frobisher Says
  • Hustle Kings
  • Little Deviants
  • Lumines Electronic Symphony
  • Michael Jackson: The Experience HD
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip
  • Motorstorm: RC
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
  • Putty Squad
  • Rayman Origins
  • Reality Fighters
  • Ridge Racer
  • Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen  
  • Smart As
  • Super Stardust Delta 
  • T@g
  • Top Darts
  • Touch my Katamari 
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Thumbs Up 2

Did a search, found nothing so assuming this hasn't been posted.

You know Miiverse? One of the best features on the Wii U?

Yeah that's not being continued.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/nintendo-switch-no-streetpass-or-miiverse-confirmed-578798

This system man.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So, for fun.

Almighty list of games 

Slap the Vita's EU launch lineup on there and you see just how bad it is.

Knowing Nintendo, they will do a Direct in February where they will announce more launch games.

But Rayman, Xenoverse 2 and other ports should be launch.

1 minute ago, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

Knowing Nintendo, they will do a Direct in February where they will announce more launch games.

But Rayman, Xenoverse 2 and other ports should be launch.

The launch titles for Europe was confirmed last page. Those five games are the five we're getting and that's it. And considering Launch Title lists don't change that much between Europe and America, it's nearly safe to assume the list of US launch titles will be around the same.

I live in Europe too, just letting you know.

Too bad that it's only those. Hopefully they announce some new games at E3.

21 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Did a search, found nothing so assuming this hasn't been posted.

You know Miiverse? One of the best features on the Wii U?

Yeah that's not being continued.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/nintendo-switch-no-streetpass-or-miiverse-confirmed-578798

This system man.

Pfft, who needs Miiverse on the Switch when you can do all that social communications crap on the soon-to-released Switch smartphone app! 

coughletsseewhereitgoesguyshonestcough

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Switch supports Micro SDXC cards up to 256 GB, so for those complaining about the storage, there's your solution. 

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/14/nintendo-switch-supports-256gb-micro-sdxc-cards/

And PS4 and Xbox One have 500GB and 1TB retrospectively off the bat and goes for around £220 to £280 now.

Like seriously, the fucking cost of the system and all of the add ons are large enough, and now we're gonna start defending the shitty memory limitations as "You can shell out even more cash to buy what Nintendo should've had in the first place!"

• Thumbs Up 5

36 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Switch supports Micro SDXC cards up to 256 GB, so for those complaining about the storage, there's your solution. 

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/14/nintendo-switch-supports-256gb-micro-sdxc-cards/

Up to 2 TB actually, they just aren't commericially available. However remember the number 1 cost eater on other systems, installing the ENTIRE game from the disc to the Harddrive doesn't apply here, and that's going to save a lot of space.

Another thing that seems obvious is that the event wasn't a full blowout of all information either. A Lot of Indie games are being confirmed outside of it, we're getting the Fire Emblem direct, and it's entirely possible that there's more games of varying sizes to come through various events and directs.

Also, this is one of the strongest First party launch years we've ever seen, compare it to just about any other console, and you'll notice the quality is levels aboce, and there's no sign of a drought period.

Final thought, is that Holidays will likely be the first real push for the system. By launching in march they are giving space for adults to get in and start enjoying themselves and start spreading the word, and getting the marketing out there. Then by Black Friday, they'll have a super strong library with a new Super Mario coming out, and maximum media saturation where they then announce a holiday deal(whether a special pack-in SKU or a discount, I don't know which) without having to worry about the stock supplies of feeding the entire market at that time. They play their cards right, not only will families be lining up to get it, but they'll be able to.

People have been saying that launching in March means they skipped the holidays, whereas in fact the opposite is true, they are priming up for THIS holiday season

Edit: Also we don't know the western prices for USF2 or Bomberman yet, so wait till we get the facts folks

• Thumbs Up 1

Nevermind the Wii U having this same bullshit which made it REAL annoying when you bought a bundle with games pre-installed because ''well there goes all your memory, hope you like constantly downloading and deleting your games'', it ALSO had the primitive as fuck USB 2.0 port, which made even picking an External Hard Drive a pain because not all would work on that set up.

Now we need to waste money on more memory because Nintendo can't bother giving their 8th gen console, maybe 9th at this point, a memory capacity bigger than what you'd find in an average phone today.

What bothers me the most is that even with a 256gb card, that's still below what the PS4 and Xbox One offer BY DEFAULT, without me needing to find a way to add more memory to the console.

• Thumbs Up 3