Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

11 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

It would make it worse if he didn't say anything. This is basic PR. They want their almost 10 year game (I'm assuming) to sell while making it look like they added a fresh coat of paint.

PR generally don't say anything until the last minute, if my memory serves correctly. Also I think this is a new one, not a 10 year old game. I mean, FIFA 17 is coming to the 360 and PS3 as well.

I dunno, it just seems odd to me that they'd actually say something this early. But then again, who cares? Indigo already said there's a low chance of anyone buying it anyways. I just figured I'd bring it up in case someone on this forum is interested in it.

12 minutes ago, Goku Black (Diamond) said:

Why isn't Snipperclips a Launch Title in America and Europe?!

It's a game about paper shaped people. There isn't something to be censored or dubbed.

Or is it because no one cares about it...

Nintendo's US site just says March, so it may be a launch title. But if it isn't, it's launch window.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/snipperclips-switch

Since Nintendo did an absolutely terrible job listing what titles are coming to their system, I decided to compile everything announced so far, into one big post:

First Party:

Super Mario Odessey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Splatoon 2 
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Arms
1 2 Switch
Snipperclips
Untitled Pokemon Game (Rumored to be Pokemon Stars)
Untitled Masahiro Sakurai Game

Third Party:

Project Sonic 2017
Sonic Mania 
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Super Bomberman R
Skylanders Imaginators
FIFA
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Octopath Travelers
NBA 2K18
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Taiko Drum Master
Untiled Tales Of Game
Shin Megami Tensei (working title)
No More Heroes 3
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim 
Steep
Just Dance 2017
Rayman Legends
Nobunaga's Ambition
Has Been Heroes
Rime
Seasons of Heaven 
Fast Racing RMX
Disgaea 5 Complete
Siberia 3
I am Setsuna
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Minecraft Switch Edition
Minecraft Story Mode - The Complete Adventure
Lego City Undercover
Blazblue
Yooka Laylee
Shovel Knight
Riverside
Redout
The Sacred Hero
Stardew Valley
Steamworld Project 2017
Sunu Ikkibu: Din Nahu
Tank it!
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers 
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Riverside
Farming Simulator 18
Dungeon of Zaar
Arcade Archives
The Binding of Issac Afterbirth Plus
Cube Life: Survival Island HD
Constructor HD
Ultra Street Fighter 2

Not a bad lineup at all, In my view. There's a lot to look forward to, we also know there's a ton of first party announcements coming in future Directs and of course, at E3.

• Thumbs Up 7

21 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Since Nintendo did an absolutely terrible job listing what titles are coming to their system, I decided to compile everything announced so far, into one big post:

First Party:

Super Mario Odessey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Splatoon 2 
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Arms
1 2 Switch
Snipperclips
Untitled Pokemon Game (Rumored to be Pokemon Stars)
Untitled Masahiro Sakurai Game

Third Party:

Project Sonic 2017
Sonic Mania 
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Super Bomberman R
Skylanders Imaginators
FIFA
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Octopath Travelers
NBA 2K18
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Taiko Drum Master
Untiled Tales Of Game
Shin Megami Tensei (working title)
No More Heroes 3
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim 
Steep
Just Dance 2017
Rayman Legends
Nobunaga's Ambition
Has Been Heroes
Rime
Seasons of Heaven 
Fast Racing RMX
Disgaea 5 Complete
Siberia 3
I am Setsuna
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Minecraft Switch Edition
Minecraft Story Mode - The Complete Adventure
Lego City Undercover
Blazblue
Yooka Laylee
Shovel Knight
Riverside
Redout
The Sacred Hero
Stardew Valley
Steamworld Project 2017
Sunu Ikkibu: Din Nahu
Tank it!
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers 
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Riverside
Farming Simulator 18
Dungeon of Zaar
Arcade Archives
The Binding of Issac Afterbirth Plus
Cube Life: Survival Island HD
Constructor HD
Ultra Street Fighter 2

Not a bad lineup at all, In my view. There's a lot to look forward to, we also know there's a ton of first party announcements coming in future Directs and of course, at E3.

Wow, that is a lot of third party games. Count me in.

Speaking of Nintendo Directs, when do you guys think the next Direct will be?

7 minutes ago, Flamerstreak said:

Wow, that is a lot of third party games. Count me in.

Speaking of Nintendo Directs, when do you guys think the next Direct will be?

They said they would be announcing details on Virtual Console titles before launch, based on that, I would guess within the next 3 or 4 weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a couple more big game announcements right before launch. 

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

They said they would be announcing details on Virtual Console titles before launch, based on that, I would guess within the next 3 or 4 weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a couple more big game announcements before launch. 

So in February, you mean? I guess I can wait until then.

Just now, Flamerstreak said:

So in February, you mean? I guess I can wait until then.

That would be my guess. I mean February is the shortest month of the year and Switch launches in less than 6 weeks, that's not a long wait at all.

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

These are the launch titles (so far, at least) in Japan.

I can't be the only here really sick of getting the shaft to Japanese gamers,  am I?

4 hours ago, PaddyFancy said:

TotalBiscuit did a video on the Switch presentation, and mentioned how microSD cards aren't as fast as mechanical hard drives you find in the PS4 and Xbox One, or even long lasting. There's a chance that you may have to replace the microSD card maybe once or twice because it could break or corrupt your files.

Okay,  ignoring the fact that folks like moi have had micro SD cards for years without stuff like that even happening, that argument is so circumstantial that you might as well be as paranoid for every console like Sony consumers did during the big hack event and whatnot. 

• Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, PaddyFancy said:

TotalBiscuit did a video on the Switch presentation, and mentioned how microSD cards aren't as fast as mechanical hard drives you find in the PS4 and Xbox One, or even long lasting. There's a chance that you may have to replace the microSD card maybe once or twice because it could break or corrupt your files.

Look, I like TB, but that's total fucking bullshit. The stock HDD on the PS4 and X1 are fucking ancient with 5400 rpm and take FOREVER to download. It took almost 40 minutes to download a 4 GB game like MvC3U on my PS4 pre-HDD upgrade. A 4 GB game on the 3DS takes, 5, maybe 10 minutes at most. Get out of here. Flash memory is and always WILL be faster. The ONLY way its slower is if TB is buying shitty slow ones. 

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

This alone justifies me spending $300, yeah

Same. My grandma's been playing Tetris since day one(still has her GB copy, and still plays it on her SP. She's almost 70), and it'd be great to be able to play with her. That and I find puzzle game relaxing, and easy for everyone to join in. Same goes for bombeman

Those 2 plus Zelda are all I needed to justify getting the switch at launch. Snipperclips is a bonus

I'm still mind blown that Capcom isn't releasing Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 on this thing. It would have been the easiest thing in the world to port. It's coming out in March for fuck's sake! They're opting for a fucking 40 dollar romhack of Street Fighter 2 instead? Can this company do anything right?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Zippo said:

I'm still mind blown that Capcom isn't releasing Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 on this thing. It would have been the easiest thing in the world to port. It's coming out in March for fuck's sake! They're opting for a 40 dollar romhack instead? Can this company do anything right?

That's weird for me too... but I'm not ruling it out yet, a lot of third party games didn't get announced at the event itself(heck they didn't even have a presence at all), and we're getting a full fledged Fight Stick, there's gotta be at least 2 Major fighting games coming in the first 6 months to justify it

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

I can't be the only here really sick of getting the shaft to Japanese gamers,  am I?

Okay,  ignoring the fact that folks like moi have had micro SD cards for years without stuff like that even happening, that argument is so circumstantial that you might as well be as paranoid for every console like Sony consumers did during the big hack event and whatnot. 

What do you mean me? I just posted what TotalBiscuit said. I can't tell if he's being accurate or not to believe him or not. I would think he's an expert in gaming so it would be very surprising for him to get things wrong. Not that I've seen much in the way of rebuttal on his reddit that you and @PSI Wind seem to suggest, if what he said was so egregiously wrong.

Fine, I didn't give my personal opinion on what he said at the time but I'll take the ribbing on his behalf.

Actually, now that I think about it, There hasn't been any general statements or announcements, or reference to Capcom at all regarding the Switch other than USF2, and I really can't imagine that's all they have in the pipeline. Either they have some Third party direct coming up, or stuff's trickling out, or they are waiting for E3

I still find it hilarious that a 4Chan leak of all things embarrassed Journalists and insiders with how spot on and accurate it was.

switchleak4chan.png

At this point unless they last second(like close to its release) announce MvC3U for the switch, or just release it later, I'm not holding my breath for its switch announcement. Same goes for infinite. The best time for Capcom to capatalize on consumers regarding the switch, and give Nintendo more 3rd party incentives for buyers, was the presentation. Any other time between now and march won't be nearly as big, and the only other time for Infinite to get exposure for the switch I guess would be E3

35 minutes ago, KHCast said:

At this point unless they last second(like close to its release) announce MvC3U for the switch, or just release it later, I'm not holding my breath for its switch announcement. Same goes for infinite. The best time for Capcom to capatalize on consumers regarding the switch, and give Nintendo more 3rd party incentives for buyers, was the presentation. Any other time between now and march won't be nearly as big, and the only other time for Infinite to get exposure for the switch I guess would be E3

Knowing how annoyingly random Capcom can be with stuff like this, yeah, I can see them announcing Infinite Switch stuff later by E3.

As for UMVC3, yeah I won't tell you to hold your breath for either belief or disbelief of it eventually coming to the Switch. Knowing Capcom's track record, they could either be stupendously late to getting it ported to Switch, or somehow get the stones to make yet another remix of the third MvC game yet again.

35 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Third parties barely got any screen time at the event, and only a few reveals from third parties