Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

7 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

The first year as a whole is still pretty good though.  Getting a Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon & Fire Emblem game all in the same year is pretty impressive!  Not to mention a New I.P with ARMS.

Plus fun third part stuff like Sonic Mania, Puyo Puyo/Tetris, Street Fighter & Shovel Knight trickling out over Spring & Summer is pretty nice.  Now we just need more games to fill up fall slots and we are solid! :)

I'm with ya there. This year one lineup is light years ahead of anything Wii, Wii U, DS and 3DS had. Given that this is just what we know at the moment, Directs and E3 means this lineup is going to get even better.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

The first year as a whole is still pretty good though.  Getting a Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon & Fire Emblem game all in the same year is pretty impressive!  Not to mention a New I.P with ARMS.

Plus fun third part stuff like Sonic Mania, Puyo Puyo/Tetris, Street Fighter & Shovel Knight trickling out over Spring & Summer is pretty nice.  Now we just need more games to fill up fall slots and we are solid! :)

Fire Emblem's not out this year though, is it? There is Xenoblade 2, however. It would be great it manages to make it outside of Japan before 2018, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

1 hour ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

Fire Emblem's not out this year though, is it? There is Xenoblade 2, however. It would be great it manages to make it outside of Japan before 2018, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

I believe he's referring to Fire Emblem Warriors, which is due in the fall. Nintendo claims Xenoblade 2 is coming worldwide this year, but that obviously remains to be seen. 

The more I think about the Switch, the more DS vibes I get. Nintendo's in the same position as they were in 2004. The Gamecube was a failure, The GBA was the only thing making money for them, Sony was on top and Microsoft was on a middle ground. People everywhere on the web were proclaiming Nintendo's "death", and many were strongly asserting that the PSP was going to obliterate the DS, which I remember many people having very little faith in. It launched with very little in terms of games as well, third party support was not good at all for awhile, but Nintendo kept steadily increasing the must have games (Mario Kart, NSMB, Elite Beat Agents, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, Kirby, Brain Age, etc.) for jt, and sales got better and better, by the time the Wii launched, it had exploded and many third party companies had jumped on. The PSP didn't stand a chance and many, many people had to eat their words. This "slow burner" strategy Nintendo is doing with the Switch is nothing new. It doesn't matter how "underpowered" the hardware is, if it's anything like the success of previous systems, third parties will come, no question. This strategy has made Nintendo number one before, and while I'm not saying history is going to repeat itself, I say writing off Nintendo would be a very foolish thing to do. 

They might just surprise you, is all I'm saying.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

The more i think about the Switch, the more DS vibes i get. Nintendo's in the same position as they were in 2004. The Gamecube was a failure, The GBA was the only thing making money for them, Sony was on top and Microsoft was on a middle ground. People everywhere on the web were proclaiming Nintendo's "death", and strongly asserting that The PSP was going to obliterate the DS, which I remember many people having very little faith in. It launched with very little as well, third party support was not good at all for awhile, but Nintendo kept steadily increasing the must have games (Mario Kart, NSMB, Elite Beat Agents, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, Kirby, Brain Age, etc.) and sales got better and better, by the time the Wii launched, it had exploded and third parties had jumped on. The PSP didn't stand a chance and many, many people had to eat their words. This "slow burner" strategy Nintendo is doing with the Switch is nothing new. It doesn't matter how "underpowered" the hardware is, if it's anything like the success of previous systems, third parties will come. This strategy has made Nintendo number one before, and while I'm not saying history is going to repeat itself, I say writing off Nintendo would be a very foolish thing to do. 

They might just surprise you, is all I'm saying.

I agree, although this time they are now being very careful with their pacing, and keeping major titles coming out in decent timing to avoid droughts unlike a lot of systems

@God Eater Lenka

Hey, I dunno what Lego Worlds is but it's coming to the Switch!

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/23/lego-worlds-confirmed-for-nintendo-switch/

Very much a successor of the Lego creator series, taking advantage of the more gneeralized random generation technique popularized by minecraft. This vid should help

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm considering my options. I might also get it on Switch, dunno. I already have it on both Wii U and 3DS.

Switch.png

This is handy for posting if someone has the gall to tell you, "Switch has no games.", "Third parties are nonexistent."

We got three more launch titles!

http://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/were-opening-the-tomorrow-corporation-vaults

Coming Soon to the Nintendo Switch!

TCVault-1-575x460.jpg

STEP ASIDE! The door to the Tomorrow Corporation vault is about to burst open… Locked away for literally decades, three multi-award winning games will once again be available for a new generation to enjoy.

On March 3rd, 2017, with the release of the Nintendo Switch, players around the world can once again experience three classic games, re-united on a fantastic new console from Nintendo:

• Re-discover 2D BOY’s beautiful and surprising World of Goo!
  • Re-ignite the dangerous and uplifting adventure in Little Inferno!
  • Re-engineer your corporate ascent in Human Resource Machine!

And for the first time ever, all three games will come bundled with their full original soundtracks. Tomorrow Corporation’s intrepid interns have created a new Soundtrack Mode, where players can explore Kyle Gabler’s wonderfully bizarre music in this special mode, available only on Nintendo Switch.

We here at Tomorrow Corporation are some of Nintendo’s biggest fans, so we’re excited to be part of this new adventure alongside players at home, on the road, on the train, on the roof, or wherever it is kids go these days!

The vault is rumbling…!

World of Goo is from 2008.

Little inferno is from 2012.

Human resource machine is from 2015.

They're... not exactly new and exciting titles for a launch lineup.

• Thumbs Up 7

While you're not wrong about them not being new, "exciting" is subjective. I'm very much looking forward to playing World of Goo whenever i get a Switch. I missed out on it during the Wii days. Playing something like that on the go is very appealing to me. That's the most exciting thing about the system so far. The portability factor is a big selling point for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never been able to play World of Goo aside from a demo, so it's new and exciting for me.

But, again, can't get a Switch at launch anyways, so hehe.

• Thumbs Up 1

tweet.png

So apparently, coming from a Rockstar leaker, this may be happening. The fact that no one wants this and would much rather have RDR or GTAV provably means it's true.

....yeah.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

tweet.png

So apparently, coming from a Rockstar leaker, this may be happening. The fact that no one wants this and would much rather have RDR or GTAV provably means it's true.

....yeah.

Its been rumored for some time...

Yeah, that date is Jan 15.

17 hours ago, Zippo said:

tweet.png

....yeah.

...people would definitely like L.A Noire, that game was definitely well-regarded and liked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, nintendo did it, they pulled that card in this ad(well, Nintendo of germany did at least

http://streamable.com/u5zf0

Playing the game inbetween college classes

Spoiler

Playing on the toilet

EDIT: Youtube for convience