Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

I read about these on Reddit. Apparently they've actually been around a LOT longer.

Pikmin World is the title Laura Kate Dale or Emily Rogers leaked last year or earlier this year, I believe.

The 4chan leaks sounds pretty believable to me, at least in the regards of what games will be and won't be showing up.

Though Tokyo Sessions #FE being the last planned Wii U port to Switch seems a little strange to me. Game bombed in Japan (whereas Zelda was a clear killer app in the making, MK8 was the Wii U's best-selling title, and even Pokken Tournament sold more...though a port of that title is probably more on TPC than Nintendo).

If true it does seem that outside of the above cross-gen / ports, the Wii U library is going to be standalone from the Switch. So that would mean Pokemon and Smash Bros. (which seemed to be the most like candidates to get their games ported to Switch) would be getting new installments....but we won't be seeing them for the next few years. Which sounds fair, gives GameFreak enough time to get acquainted with the hardware / developing console games, and give Nintendo time to find a new person to take the director's chair over the Smash IP.

Talking of that Pilotwings + Wave Race possible game, I'm much rather have one other thing added onto it. Driving.

Make Wuhu Island open for all three transport options, having races and making your own. Each transport option has its own mode as well, such as time trials or slaloms. If Nintendo aren't going the sports route again, the least they can do is make an action vehicle game. Maybe they could even expand it in the future with bikes or even walking [though please no motion controls].

Setting it on Wuhu Island again seems very unlikely. Miis have been pushed into the background and Wuhu Island doesn't seem to have enough areas for Wave Race tracks. And it was already used in the last Pilotwings.

I'm just going by what the leak said. Besides, the Miis might not have a dedicated app this time, but it doesn't exactly mean they're being pushed back. And considering Wuhu Island has been the place to set most of Nintendo's own sport related stuff [Wii Sports Resort, Pilotwings Resort, the Wii Fit games, even Mario Kart and Smash], there's still ways to expand it.

As for Wave Race tracks, I can see where you're coming from with that, which is why I suggested expanding beyond just races.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

The 4chan leaks sounds pretty believable to me, at least in the regards of what games will be and won't be showing up.

Though Tokyo Sessions #FE being the last planned Wii U port to Switch seems a little strange to me. Game bombed in Japan (whereas Zelda was a clear killer app in the making, MK8 was the Wii U's best-selling title, and even Pokken Tournament sold more...though a port of that title is probably more on TPC than Nintendo).

If true it does seem that outside of the above cross-gen / ports, the Wii U library is going to be standalone to the Switch. So that would mean Pokemon and Smash Bros. (which seemed to be the most like candidates to get their games ported to Switch) would be getting new installments....but we won't be seeing them for the next few years. Which sounds fair, gives GameFreak enough time to get acquainted with the hardware / developing console games, and give Nintendo time to find a new person to take the director's chair over the Smash IP.

Yeah, it would make more sense to port over games with room to expand. Pokken makes sense because its Pokemon. Smash could easily just be expanded more than a normal port and turned into a next iteration of the game, but either way, its still Smash.

I feel like a more likely port would be DKC Tropical Freeze. Its initial sales were lacking but gradually caught up over time, and has plenty of room to expand considering past DKC game sales and its massively positive critical reception. TMS#FE likely just wouldn't go anywhere. I mean, it'd probably be on Atlus to port that anyway, though, so maybe they wanted to see if they could get more out of it on Switch, but it still seems iffy.

15 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

And some things coming during Treehouse as well.

So yeah, I'm definitely expecting the longest trailer to be like 3min, most of the "elaboration" on each thing will be during treehouse. We'll also probably have a Nindie reel that's about 3m on its own.

Hate to bump this thread, but wasn't sure where else to post my thoughts on the Switch and it's impression made thus far.

Beforehand we already have a GotY with Zelda, an amazing Mario Kart and Arms which is looking decent in itself.

But E3 really did a great job showing what was coming. We are getting the fun looking Splatoon 2, the best Sonic with Mania, Mario XCOM, portable Skyrim, Xenoblade 2 and another potential GotY with Mario Odyssey.

And then a mainline Pokemon RPG alongside a sequel to one of my favourite trilogies with Metroid Prime 4. 

Its fun to have a Nintendo console like this again, it's made the problems with Wii and Wii U more obvious. And why I enjoy using other consoles with the games released on them each year. Really hope Nintendo can shorten the software drought periods with Switch.

IMO it was a pretty piss poor E3. Seriously every show was nearly games we knew about and or just boring and a drag. Nintendo talked way to much. And the highlight people keep talking about? I number on a black background.

Mario looks like it will be amazing, and so does xeno whenever it does come out. And we got kirby outside that this was way less steller than say the switch event reveal.

25 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

IMO it was a pretty piss poor E3. Seriously every show was nearly games we knew about and or just boring and a drag. Nintendo talked way to much. And the highlight people keep talking about? I number on a black background.

Mario looks like it will be amazing, and so does xeno whenever it does come out. And we got kirby outside that this was way less steller than say the switch event reveal.

I'm trying to comprehend how Nintendo talked too much. Reggie at most talking for 5 minutes in total. Everything else was trailers or announcements of DLC or future games.

There are, like, 12 games I crave coming to Switch by the end of next year. For reference, I usually average around 8-10 games per system. I'll probably own more Switch games within 2 years of the system's life than I do for most consoles during their entire life cycles.

Switch may actually end up becoming my favorite console ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tails spin said:

I'm trying to comprehend how Nintendo talked too much. Reggie at most talking for 5 minutes in total. Everything else was trailers or announcements of DLC or future games.

We had short trailers but reggie was "not" the only person in that trailer. I mean honestly just to stop by to say oh yes we are porting pokken, and oh yes we have a new pokemon game in the works. Noting to show but its coming one day.  and a large majority of the games we knew about. Biggest surprise honestly was how much rabbids looks fun and i usually hate those minion things.

I'd agree that the Spotlight was subpar, but fortunately the games themselves made up for it, including the ones they actually announced after the Spotlight itself.  My feelings at the end of the Spotlight were to the effect of "What, that's it?", but after another day or so I was feeling much more positive about Nintendo's E3.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

I'd agree that the Spotlight was subpar, but fortunately the games themselves made up for it, including the ones they actually announced after the Spotlight itself.  My feelings at the end of the Spotlight were to the effect of "What, that's it?", but after another day or so I was feeling much more positive about Nintendo's E3.

Basically. I love the games coming to it. I am loving arms atm though online ranked is brutal. But overall it as you said at the end left me with a ...............thats it mood.

Dragon Ball FighterZ will release on the Switch later if enough people ask for it:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure it's not high on the priority list. Seeing as they want this for evo I'm sure most resources are going into those 2 first and foremost for the time being regardless

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170703.pdf

Nintendo's corporate approval ratings are out, and their top men have almost unanimous ratings, for good reason: 

Tatsumi Kimishima: 97.70 %
Shigeru Miyamoto: 97.59 %
Shinya Takahashi: 97.65 %
Shuntaro Furukawa: 97.65 %
Ko Shiota: 97.65 %

Many of us thought Kimishima was going to be a temporary, short term president, but that will definitely not be the case now. I had my doubts initially, but he has done a great job running this company and continuing Iwata's path for the future. Nintendo is out of their rut, and that is good for the entire industry. 

SuperMetalDave, notorious for Nintendo rumors, made an incredibly odd, vague video claiming that Nintendo has one more giant surprise announcement that no one will see coming. 

15 minutes ago, Zippo said:

SuperMetalDave, notorious for Nintendo rumors, made an incredibly odd, vague video claiming that Nintendo has one more giant surprise announcement that no one will see coming. 

I've been hearing about this as well. Tbh, I'm kinda expecting one more big announcement for this year at some point anyway. I don't think its anything like a new Smash releasing this year, though. Probably something smaller.

8 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

I've been hearing about this as well. Tbh, I'm kinda expecting one more big announcement for this year at some point anyway. I don't think its anything like a new Smash releasing this year, though. Probably something smaller.

You've heard this from inside sources or people you know?

Could this be why Nintendo has no big Switch game planned for November?

8 hours ago, Zippo said:

You've heard this from inside sources or people you know?

Could this be why Nintendo has no big Switch game planned for November?

I just mean I heard about Supermetaldave's statement from other areas. I don't have any sort of inside information at all lol.

"Could this be why Nintendo has no big Switch game planned for November?"

There's no way Fire Emblem Warriors is that game, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 feels more like a December release. FEW is probably September like in Japan, or even early October. November being completely empty is extremely odd when they could easily have just released Super Mario Odyssey 3 weeks later.

My best guess is--Retro's game is coming this year, whatever it is, and they just didn't announce it at E3 to avoid the conundrum that happened when they announced DKC: TF (easily one of the best games on Wii U tbh).

• Thumbs Up 1