Jump to content
Brad

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

dude im looking right now at this moment of them in stock seriously people

There you go

sssssssss.JPG

I circled it

No. you scribbled over it.

and Mando said My Nintendo in Japan. Not amazon or other stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

No. you scribbled over it.

and Mando said My Nintendo in Japan. Not amazon or other stores.

Making circles with a mouse is not easy in snippit.

And no he said Japan. Try reading the first 4 words again. And then he said also My nintendo. Regardless stores do have some in stock in japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

dude im looking right now at this moment of them in stock seriously people

There you go

sssssssss.JPG

I circled it

 it's called a third-party seller we had the same thing in the US on Amazon considering the fact it's going for hundred and $50 over Japanese market price that's not it actually being in stock. Nintendo is getting as many as they can the market is just a little bit of logistics takes time same thing happened with the Wii demand where you exceeded expectations although the switch is already getting more stock at the market and they did with the Wii.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

 it's called a third-party seller we had the same thing in the US on Amazon considering the fact it's going for hundred and $50 over Japanese market price that's not it actually being in stock. Nintendo is getting as many as they can the market is just a little bit of logistics takes time same thing happened with the Wii demand where you exceeded expectations although the switch is already getting more stock at the market and they did with the Wii.

But while it is more expensive it is in "stock" in japan regardless if its third party its a japanese seller. Besides most that stock you keep talking about ends up in the hands of ebay scalpers. Like the guy thats selling 9 above asking value. It also matters on whos hands get onto it first. I say within a year nintendo should have it stocked regularly. And if not than who knows. Nintendo seems to be taking its time with the switch unlike the wii u. So not to crash i suppose. Hell no word on the VC still

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Meta77 said:

But while it is more expensive it is in "stock" in japan regardless if its third party its a japanese seller. Besides most that stock you keep talking about ends up in the hands of ebay scalpers. Like the guy thats selling 9 above asking value. It also matters on whos hands get onto it first. I say within a year nintendo should have it stocked regularly. And if not than who knows. Nintendo seems to be taking its time with the switch unlike the wii u. So not to crash i suppose. Hell no word on the VC still

That guy in Japan is just an Amazon/Ebay scalper, just like here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screen-Shot-2017-07-08-at-11.28.01-AM-46

I missed this last week, but signs are pointing to another Nintendo Direct as soon as next week. This has happened before multiple times, Nintendo makes space for a new Direct every time one is close to happening.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=235413034

Hard to believe Nintendo would do a Direct so soon after E3 but they have a ton of games lined up for the rest of the year, so it very much makes sense to provide updates on them regularly. What do you guys think it will fcous on? Virtual console? Pokemon US/UM? Odessey? Something brand new?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zippo said:

Screen-Shot-2017-07-08-at-11.28.01-AM-46

I missed this last week, but signs are pointing to another Nintendo Direct as soon as next week. This has happened before multiple times, Nintendo makes space for a new Direct every time one is close to happening.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=235413034

Hard to believe Nintendo would do a Direct so soon after E3 but they have a ton of games lined up for the rest of the year, so it very much makes sense to provide updates on them regularly. What do you guys think it will fcous on? Virtual console? Pokemon US/UM? Odessey? Something brand new?

General Direct to focus on a lot of things. I doubt it'd focus on one specific thing, but probably Switch in general. MAYBE Retro since I really think we should be hearing from them soon.

I think we will get another Direct after Splatoon 2 releases. I'd be surprised if we got one next week before the 20th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zippo said:

Platinum has also been teasing Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 things on Twitter. That could be a possibility as well. 

Possibly that, Mario + Rabbidds, some more port announcements, and maybe some stuff coming in early 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I compiled the past history of the times this has happened relative to the Direct's announcement and airing:

November 2015:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=235416919
Discovered on Nov 6th.
Announced on Nov 10th.
Aired on Nov 12th. 

April 2017:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=235413034#post235413034
Discovered April 5th.
Announced April 10th.
Aired April 12th. 

May 2017: 
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=235403578
Discovered May 2nd.
Announced May 16th. 
Aired May 17th. 

July 2017:

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2017/07/08/a-new-nintendo-direct-might-be-coming-soon/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a Direct is incoming, Ultra Sun/Moon, the 3DS Kirby, one or two surprises, and maybe a bit more on the second half of the year for Switch is all I can really think of. Maybe MK8 Deluxe DLC if they doing it for this version.

As for when. next week seems the most likely considering all those dates above fall in the middle of the month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were to guess, I would say this is probably going to be a general Direct, Switch and 3DS games. Switch wise, I could see more on Mario Odessey, Arms DLC, one last push for Splatoon 2, and Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't have a release date in the west, so that seems very likely to be there. Platinum has been teasing Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 things on Twitter as well, I can see some announcements from them. Mario and Rabbids will probably get some good focus. 3DS wise, more Metroid SR details are a sure bet, Superstar Saga 3DS will probably make an appearance, and Pokemon could potentially happen. That Kirby 3DS game is almost certain to be there, though. Then there's the surprise portion. Could they have saved something from E3? Keep in mind that every single General Worldwide Direct has had at least one surprise announcement. And there's been talk of one more big announcement from Nintendo recently. I wonder.

Stealth and Supermetaldave have also both claimed that some crazy, unexpected announcements are coming. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2017 at 10:10 PM, xXx reMy xXx said:

I don't really get it Meta, are you saying it's a conspiricy/corporate mishandling that's leading to stock shortages? I think it's that they're shipping as many as they can, but people, particularly in the US buy them as soon as they come in. 

I believe the shortages of production also have a link to ANOTHER company. Wasn't there something about Apple trying to take the lion's share of important components needed for Switch production?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Conando said:

I believe the shortages of production also have a link to ANOTHER company. Wasn't there something about Apple trying to take the lion's share of important components needed for Switch production?

Yes the NAND memory, an extremely key component to both Switches and Iphones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so but I've come to accept apple as the reason but only for the switch. Nintendo is bad at everything else shipment wise. Minis. Amiibos.  headsets. Vas. But the switch is able still then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  The Switch is the most fun I've had wit ha home console in ages!  That's not to say I didn't enjoy my WiiU, I did, it had lots of great 1st party games but the Switch is on a whole other level.  BOTW right out of the gate with smaller titles like SuperBombermanR and Shovel Knight not to far behind. PuyoPuyoTetris and MarioKart8 Deluxe back in April. and now we have Splatoon2 with games like Sonic Mania, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Pokken Tournament DX and Super Mario Odyssey not to far off.  This may be the best first year for a system in quite some time.

 

 Also looking forward to Kirby, Yoshi & Metroid Prime 4 next year.

 

 My only complaint of course is we really need a mainline Animal Crossing game for The Switch and it kind of bugs me we haven't heard even a rumor of one in development yet.  I mean yes New Leaf is still fun, but it is 5 years old at this point. Oh and Pikmin 4 news soon please Nintendo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

My only complaint of course is we really need a mainline Animal Crossing game for The Switch and it kind of bugs me we haven't heard even a rumor of one in development yet.  I mean yes New Leaf is still fun, but it is 5 years old at this point. Oh and Pikmin 4 news soon please Nintendo!

A lot of games have been announced that weren't rumored. We're going to get Animal Crossing on Switch, just because its not rumored doesn't mean its not coming lol. Many rumors also turn out fake as shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.