Brad

The Nintendo Switch Thread

3 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Donkey Kong Country Returns way outsold Skyward Sword. I think in general, Skyward Sword also just wasn't very well received. Its main sales were likely initial sales, and word of mouth preventing it from spreading further than that. An argument can be made for the Wii Motion Plus, but didn't the game get packaged with a Motion Plus expansion pack?

Only the special edition.

11 hours ago, Remy said:

The Nintendo Switch -> Zelda attach rate must be insanely high. I don't think I know a single switch owner that doesn't have it. Like maybe if you got the Switchy for Mariokart or something, but otherwise...

Well you go two readons. One it's Zelda. Yep it was one of the only launch titles for a highly wanted console. We had to have something big fp related beside 1 2 switch lol xD

12 hours ago, Remy said:

The Nintendo Switch -> Zelda attach rate must be insanely high. I don't think I know a single switch owner that doesn't have it. Like maybe if you got the Switchy for Mariokart or something, but otherwise...

I don't.

Well, I plan to get Zelda soon.

Ultra SF2 sold nearly half a million just in physical numbers, Capcom is bringing more games to Switch besides Monster Hunter. 

What do you guys wish to see? 

As always, I want new Mega Man and Rival Schools games, but I'll take ports of some classics like Power Stone, Street Fighter Alpha, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Marvel Super Heroes, Mega Man X, Resident Evil Remake, etc. 

Shit, just port it all. 

Resident Evil 4 is guarantee. Bank on it. 

23 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

@Zippo, Powerstone collection, POWERSTONE collection, it'd be perfect for the switch, and the joycons have the buttons for single joycon play, and it'd be perfect for the switch

You're breaking my heart. Capcom has been shit forever. 

Apparently, going by that 4Chan Monster Hunter rumor that has been spot on so far, that's exactly what's happening. Monster Hunter Portable 5 is in development. Sony ls feeling threatened by the Switch in Japan, so they made a deal with Capcom to bar World from being released on it. XX is being rushed out the door just so they can have something out in Switch's first year while MHP5 is being worked on. It's also why Capcom has no plans to localize it. 

33 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Apparently, going by that 4Chan Monster Hunter rumor that has been spot on so far, that's exactly what's happening. Monster Hunter Portable 5 is in development. Sony ls feeling threatened by the Switch in Japan, so they made a deal with Capcom to bar World from being released on it. XX is being rushed out the door just so they can have something out in Switch's first year while MHP5 is being worked on. It's also why Capcom has no plans to localize it. 

Considering that Splatoon just out sold every game release on the PS4, there's a reason they should be scared. Heck the PS4 just passed the Wii-u's sales in Japan a few months back

Oh, for sure. Japan is Nintendo land at this point. The people over there care very little for consoles anymore. Not even Persona and Final Fantasy are doing much to help. I don't even want to imagine what Japan will be like when Pokemon and Dragon Quest hit. 

You think things are bad now?

ooooo boy. You ain't seen nothin' yet. 

17 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Oh, for sure. Japan is Nintendo land at this point. The people over there care very little for consoles anymore. Not even Persona and Final Fantasy are doing much to help. I don't even want to imagine what Japan will be like when Pokemon and Dragon Quest hit. 

You think things are bad now?

ooooo boy. You ain't seen nothin' yet. 

once again, Splatoon 2 sold more in TWO days than most games on the PS4 have to this point. I know

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

Which is nonsensical since Japan is where the Switch version is more likely to hurt MHW.

Yeah, some other guy told me this on youtube too and I still don't get where this "sony paid to block specifically Nintendo" plot came from. Like I guess you could feasibly reason that they just didn't bother with blocking Microsoft (since lol xbox amrite) but I feel like if this actually were a real thing they would've gotten complete exclusivity instead of letting this not only get on xbox but also PC. It just seems so non-sensical.

That's just what the rumor said. Sony, even before the Switch released, feared it's competition in Japan. Both Sony and Capcom are incompetent companies that dumb decisions on a regular basis, so it seems like a deal that they would make. He's gotten pretty much everything spot on, so far. The devs even confirmed that the game was originally called Monster Hunter 5. 

20161101155654975.jpg

If it's true, and it believe it is, Capcom is kicking theirselves in the ass right now for underestimating the Switch. To say it's just merely dominating Japan right now is a massive understatement. MHW on this thing would drive those people insane. 

14 minutes ago, Zippo said:

If it's true, and it believe it is, Capcom is kicking theirselves in the ass right now for underestimating the Switch. To say it's just merely dominating Japan right now is a massive understatement. MHW on this thing would drive those people insane. 

MHP5 being real might very well happen, but the bit about Sony funding MH:W seems bullshit considering there is an Xbox version. Sony funding SFV and that bad boy has stayed exclusive, why would they fund a game that their competitors could use to their advantage? If it it's true, paying to have the game specifically not be on switch seems completely moronic,it's also even more moronic if there's not a bit in the contract that says "you can't just make mh5 portable after the fact for switch" The combat also looks pretty much the same? So why would they need or want to make something that has the old structure when they are putting so much work in doing something new?

To be fair though, Capcom are morons, so idk

Ah, this'll be the first time Revelations 2 will appear on a Nintendo console, and packing it together with the original, Nintendo-first Revelations is a good decision.  I believe I've heard that Revelations 2 isn't as good as the first game (which I enjoyed in its original 3DS incarnation), but nonetheless I could definitely see myself buying this.