Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

WS000013.jpg?w=1290

https://m.imgur.com/ClDDsjI

Dragon Quest Builders 2 announced and confirmed for Switch.

Square's support this thing has insane so far:

Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 

Mana Collection 

Lost Sphear

Dragon Quest X

Dragon Quest XI

I am Setsuna

Octopath Traveler

Keep it up, Square!

• Chuckle 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshDeveson/status/894471440421896192

https://mobile.twitter.com/Stealth___/status/894350987271524356

Apparently, both Nintendo of America and Australia have flown journalists and YouTubers out to play some unreleased Switch games. We already very well know about the empty spot, there's been teasing from numerous developers, is this week finally Direct week?

• Chuckle 1

Direct announced tomorrow please. We should be hearing about those games near to release, possibly some third party stuff now it's getting nearer the time they release, and for crying out loud we need Ultra Sun/Moon news. And a big blowout, not just that snippet from Pokenchi.

Call me ignorant for this, but how exactly does the "Nintendo flying journalists and Youtubers to play unreleased games" imply that a Direct is coming? I don't really see it.

6 hours ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Call me ignorant for this, but how exactly does the "Nintendo flying journalists and Youtubers to play unreleased games" imply that a Direct is coming? I don't really see it.

Its actually pretty simple.

Nintendo is planning big announcements for specific games. They are preparing journalists and Youtubers for when those announcements come out so they can be prepared in advance. There's also going to be an update dropped for ARMS sometime this week, and there's a tease in that announcement that there will "maybe" additional updates coming to ARMS (ambiguous as hell). There's plenty of games Nintendo has set for this year that don't have release dates yet, and Nintendo stated there's additional unnannounced games still coming this year.

Everything adds up to a Direct coming out very soon. Nintendo flying journalists outs means they're preparing for big announcement(s), but there's other indications that something like a Direct should be happening this month as well.

I have to agree with everyone else, a Direct this week sounds extremely likely.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

11 hours ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

I agree while I'm sure ones coming most here like thinking a directs coming on a set schedule but are usually way off. I doubt we'll  see anything this close to tgs

So far, no Nintendo Direct announced today. Is it possible for one to be announced tomorrow, or later today, even?

The reason why youtubers and journalist were flown to Nintendo's HQ was so that they could play Samus Returns btw.

13 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

So far, no Nintendo Direct announced today. Is it possible for one to be announced tomorrow, or later today, even?

The odds dropped significantly once a bunch of previews started popping up for Metroid: Samus Returns, as they are probably what the recent preview event was for (unless there were more than one game they previewed). Those would've been more likely to come out after a Direct. Its still possible for a late announcement today, but unlikely at this point. Wednesday is possible but even less likely.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

It's possible it could be next week, during Gamescom...

Isn't Gamescom the week after next?

Doesn't look like it.

Nintendo is showing new gameplay of Odessey, Samus Returns, Xenoblade 2, and apparently other things at Gamescom instead. The World Championship and Metroid New 3DS announcements would have been made in the hypothetical Direct, I'm sure.

Yeah... Gamescom in two weeks, not one. I suppose instead of a Direct there could be numerous things at Gamescom like with Odyssey and Metroid.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Zippo said:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/287524-nintendo-holding-a-special-panel-at-pax-west

Nintendo is having some sort of panel at PAX next week, and journalists seem to have been invited. What it's about is currently unknown.

Hard to say, possibly more Mario Odessey news? Pokemon US/UM? A variety of things? New games?

That sounds good, but I must ask: When is PAX, exactly?

Also should be interesting at Gamescon this upcoming week a playable version of Hover Revolt on the switch will be shown, Away as well

With this remake and the upcoming third title Sedna, i wonder if Square-Enix wants to place its bets on Fear Effect as their next big selling ex-Eidos franchise now that Deus Ex has been put aside momentarely