Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

So....

Nintendo basically just did a Direct in everything but name.

I've compiled all of the announcements here:

• 2 weeks later...

Too many Nindies to make stand alone topics right now, but here's the biggest of the big in one single package.

You're welcomed

• 2 weeks later...

MASSIVE RUMOR:

Multiple Verified sources on Neogaf are claiming there will be a NEW Nintendo Direct in as little as four days from now.

I can see it. I could also see it being a Fire Emblem Warriors Direct. Honestly its been a while so a Nintendo Direct could happen at any time and it wouldn't be surprising.

I'd want it to be a general one, honestly. Q4 will be two weeks away by the time it would probably air, so it makes sense to get a load of info dumps into a Direct rather than a focused one.

26 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

I can see it. I could also see it being a Fire Emblem Warriors Direct. Honestly its been a while so a Nintendo Direct could happen at any time and it wouldn't be surprising.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=248391245&postcount=726

A Fire Emblem Direct is not happening. One of the sources is claiming it is a major Direct.

1 minute ago, DarkRula said:

I'd want it to be a general one, honestly. Q4 will be two weeks away by the time it would probably air, so it makes sense to get a load of info dumps into a Direct rather than a focused one.

They're claiming it's going to be a big one, and that they are 100% certain it's happening.

4 hours ago, Zippo said:

A Fire Emblem Direct is not happening. One of the sources is claiming it is a major Direct.

Maybe not next week, but its probably going to happen before FEW releases. They've had a general Direct and a game-specific Direct in close proximity to one another before.

Anyway, I am expecting at least one major game announcement. Probably for 2018. Otherwise, most of its just release dates for this year. Definitely a date for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and full details on Zelda DLC Pack 2.

16 hours ago, Zippo said:

They're claiming it's going to be a big one, and that they are 100% certain it's happening.

You posted the same link twice. 

10 hours ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Also, we may get achievments:

Finally!

They're probably working on a lot of things people want, its just taking a while for varying reasons and wasn't ready for launch. If we get achievements, its likely going to be linked to My Nintendo.

13 hours ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

Also, we may get achievments:

Finally!

I don't really care for system-wide achievements and I honestly think they've been a blight on the medium in some ways, but I do want to see how Nintendo puts their own spin on things. If it's taken this long to implement them, I don't think Nintendo wants system-wide achievements/trophies as you'd see them on Sony or MS' platforms. Nintendo has been doing in-game achievements in certain games (Wii Sports Resorts, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Smash 4, Metroid Prime 3, etc), which have notably been about actually rewarding you with stuff.

33 minutes ago, Candescence said:

I don't really care for system-wide achievements and I honestly think they've been a blight on the medium in some ways, but I do want to see how Nintendo puts their own spin on things. If it's taken this long to implement them, I don't think Nintendo wants system-wide achievements/trophies as you'd see them on Sony or MS' platforms. Nintendo has been doing in-game achievements in certain games (Wii Sports Resorts, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Smash 4, Metroid Prime 3, etc), which have notably been about actually rewarding you with stuff.

The only thing I can think of is they could tie it into My Nintendo, and add a bunch of Switch rewards, such as themes. Nintendo Switch is listed on My Nintendo as "Coming Soon."

• Thumbs Up 3

About time we got achievements.  sure it's fine without but sometimes doing certain things in game feels good and having a reward to show it to others is nice

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

That game comes out in just a couple of weeks, probably a mention, but they have bigger things to promote.

They didn't even promote the game at all. Bandai gave the game 2 trailers but that's it.

13 minutes ago, Diamond Dragon X said:

They didn't even promote the game at all. Bandai gave the game 2 trailers but that's it.

Games been out for almost a year now though (on other systems at least) so it feels kinda redundant to promote it now beyond a brief mention since everybody who is interested in the game most likely already knows about it coming to switch.

Media blackout for Mario Odyssey for me at this point, so I'll have to look away for hat bit, but excite for anything else they may show! Always a nice surprise or two.

One thing I imagine should be guaranteed is that myyysssttteeerrriiooous action fighting Kirby for 3DS we've not seen hide nor hare of since it was offhandedly announced in the last direct.

Personally, I can't wait for more information on that Project Sonic 2017 game. We haven't heard anything about it since July of last year.

I'm also holding out for a Fur Fighters port as usual. Doubt it'll ever happen but, you know. More info on Kirby Switch would be nice but that's next year, so.

I've seen a lot of anti-achievment/trophy sentiment in response to this and tbh it annoys me a little. I'm fine with people not personally enjoying that integrated achievement system but I do and so do others. If you don't like it, then just don't pay attention to it, but that is by no means any reason to act as if it shouldn't be implemented for those who do get something out of such a system.

3 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

Games been out for almost a year now though (on other systems at least) so it feels kinda redundant to promote it now beyond a brief mention since everybody who is interested in the game most likely already knows about it coming to switch.

I'd still say it's a big deal. It's the first DBZ game coming to a Nintendo console in ages and it needs time to differentiate itself from its previous versions to not only sway newcomers to get the game, but veterans as well. It's important and can lead to many anime-fighting games to come to the Switch.

But you're probably right, it's likely going to be a brief mention.

6 minutes ago, Cornelius Fudge said:

I'd still say it's a big deal. It's the first DBZ game coming to a Nintendo console in ages and it needs time to differentiate itself from its previous versions to not only sway newcomers to get the game, but veterans as well. It's important and can lead to many anime-fighting games to come to the Switch.

But you're probably right, it's likely going to be a brief mention.

Dragon Ball Fusions just came out last year.