Awoo.

What would you want to see differently in a season 2 of Sonic Boom?

SpongicX

The villagers would be better if they had episodes they shown redeeming functions. We've had an episode they got holier than thou and oversensitive about being 'normal' compared to the heroes, how about one they prove they can still be useful, even if in a more mundane but equally appreciated manner? All of the Sonic medias have had grey toned civilians that aren't always grateful that Sonic is around (in fairness it would get monotonous if they did nothing but worshiped the ground he walked on) it's just there's enough likeable or redeeming characters to balance it out. A variation. Not just every last one a tedious sheep.

I think this is why out of the main five Knuckles' antics are more annoying. The others at least have good aspects or instances they are portrayed positively. Knuckles however is essentially the team's Straw Loser. He needs a positive aspect maybe the others lack.

It's a shame because one of the things I like about the other four heroes is that they tend to avoid a hierarchy of sorts and there is different points one is the right and the other is wrong. Sonic can be an arrogant bumbler, but it's played in a manner that allows for more evened development. It's not like say Satam, where he was always the Designated Monkey against Sally but always the Designated Hero against Antoine.

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 2

The villagers would be better if they had episodes they shown redeeming functions. We've had an episode they got holier than thou and oversensitive about being 'normal' compared to the heroes, how about one they prove they can still be useful, even if in a more mundane but equally appreciated manner? All of the Sonic medias have had grey toned civilians that aren't always grateful that Sonic is around (in fairness it would get monotonous if they did nothing but worshiped the ground he walked on) it's just there's enough likeable or redeeming characters to balance it out. A variation. Not just every last one a tedious sheep.

I think this is why out of the main five Knuckles' antics are more annoying. The others at least have good aspects or instances they are portrayed positively. Knuckles however is essentially the team's Straw Loser. He needs a positive aspect maybe the others lack.

It's a shame because one of the things I like about the other four heroes is that they tend to avoid a hierarchy of sorts and there is different points one is the right and the other is wrong. Sonic can be an arrogant bumbler, but it's played in a manner that allows for more evened development. It's not like say Satam, where he was always the Designated Monkey against Sally but always the Designated Hero against Antoine.

I agree that the villagers could have some redeemable features though would it really be all that shocking if I found the Lightning Bolt Society to be the most sympathetic out of all the villagers we've seen? I mean, it's quite obvious their looks at "evil" is pretty silly but it's kind of cute in a way but that's just me.

I guess most of Knuckles' jokes is that he's being a goofball but he's a nice guy too, he cares about his friends even though he kind of lives in his own world but he has such an adorable child-like innocence to him, that I just can't help but find it adorable. Knuckles was never really portrayed as a "loser" per say but just the dumb goofball that knows his politics.

I guess most of Knuckles' jokes is that he's being a goofball but he's a nice guy too, he cares about his friends even though he kind of lives in his own world but he has such an adorable child-like innocence to him, that I just can't help but find it adorable. Knuckles was never really portrayed as a "loser" per say but just the dumb goofball that knows his politics.

Yes, he was portrayed as a loser. In Unlucky Knuckles(or something like that). He blamed luck as a reason that Sonic wins. Another words he coudn't accept lossing and blamed other things for it.

Edit: And, no offense but being only "adorable" is for me like the shallowest reason to like character.

Edited by blade57331

Yes, he was portrayed as a loser. In Unlucky Knuckles(or something like that). He blamed luck as a reason that Sonic wins. Another words he coudn't accept lossing and blamed other things for it.

Except Knuckles was unlucky, it's in the title of the episode......

Except Knuckles was unlucky, it's in the title of the episode......

Some weird things happend but there was many times when he was the one who failed and still blamed luck.

Some weird things happend but there was many times when he was the one who failed and still blamed luck.

To quote Knuckles in that episode, "Are you kidding me?!"

The episode is about good/bad luck, Sticks herself said that as well about how Knuckles need to get rid of his bad luck or else he'll be doomed to be unlucky forever or something like that. There is no weird things happening, Knuckles was unlucky and Eggman became lucky, Knuckles removed his bad luck by joining Eggman's side and screw over Eggman's win, Knuckles' bad luck was gone and the bad luck transferred to Tails, it's literally pretty obvious the episode was about luck, not coincidence. Knuckles was not a loser, he was very much determined to get rid of his luck no matter what and this is one of the episode where what Sticks says is true. There is literally no other way to look at it.

To quote Knuckles in that episode, "Are you kidding me?!"

The episode is about good/bad luck, Sticks herself said that as well about how Knuckles need to get rid of his bad luck or else he'll be doomed to be unlucky forever or something like that. There is no weird things happening, Knuckles was unlucky and Eggman became lucky, Knuckles removed his bad luck by joining Eggman's side and screw over Eggman's win, Knuckles' bad luck was gone and the bad luck transferred to Tails, it's literally pretty obvious the episode was about luck, not coincidence. Knuckles was not a loser, he was very much determined to get rid of his luck no matter what and this is one of the episode where what Sticks says is true. There is literally no other way to look at it.

Oh yes, it is.

Luck is a very subjective thing. Nonetheless, even if participator think that his rival won by luck he still admits that he lost and take it(Buffles didn't). Like in every good sport.

Oh yes, it is.

Luck is a very subjective thing. Nonetheless, even if participator think that his rival won by luck he still admits that he lost and take it(Buffles didn't). Like in every good sport.

So Knuckles has an ego so does Sonic, i really don't see how is this anything wrong with Knuckles in Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Knuckles has an ego so does Sonic, i really don't see how is this anything wrong with Knuckles in Boom.

You can have ego and still admit defeat by your lack of skills(like Sonic said). Buffles can't. So he came out as a sort of a loser. So less sympathy for him there. So yeah.

You can have ego and still admit defeat by your lack of skills(like Sonic said). Buffles can't. So he came out as a sort of a loser. So less sympathy for him there. So yeah.

That seems to be a pretty weak reason to hate Knuckles just for one episode, he's a good guy but hey, if you don't think so whatever man, it's your opinion.

Regardless of one's real life philosophical pinnings, to say luck had nothing to do with the happenings in that episode is a pretty poor reading. Sonic put Knuckles on Eggman's team because he was operating in the context that what was happening to him was definitely up to supernatural/karmic occurrences that could also affect others, and this is after he indirectly admitted that some of the happenings in the later golf game- such as Knuckles hitting a bird- were way too specific to be coincidence.  It would make no sense to do that otherwise. Following from that, the only way to even explain the refrigerator gag's relevance is to look at it from a "the universe is trying its best to fuck Knuckles up" point of view, because it literally comes out of nowhere.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eggman needs to be more of a villain. Just because he's the comic-relief doesn't mean he can't be evil too. Take AoStH for example. He needs to have more world domination schemes. MORE SONIC-CENTERED EPISODES! Season 1 was pretty much 'The Eggman Show'

You know, people keep saying Knuckles is adorable, sweet and nice in this show, and have been saying that from the beginning, but from what I've seen (the first twenty-something episodes), he really doesn't seem that especially nice or kind-hearted. In fact, he has moments of jerkiness and obviously unjustified arrogance. Honestly, aside from "he's stupid", there's not much I can say about Boom Knux. Everything else seems rather extrapolated. I wish those things people said about him were true, but in my experience his stupidity overwhelms everything about his personality. (Granted, I haven't watched a whole ton of eps.)

If the second season could bring out some more good qualities in Knuckles, that would certainly be a treat...

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, people keep saying Knuckles is adorable, sweet and nice in this show, and have been saying that from the beginning, but from what I've seen (the first twenty-something episodes), he really doesn't seem that especially nice or kind-hearted. In fact, he has moments of jerkiness and obviously unjustified arrogance. Honestly, aside from "he's stupid", there's not much I can say about Boom Knux. Everything else seems rather extrapolated. I wish those things people said about him were true, but in my experience his stupidity overwhelms everything about his personality. (Granted, I haven't watched a whole ton of eps.)

If the second season could bring out some more good qualities in Knuckles, that would certainly be a treat...

Well he isn't a teddy bear, he does have an ego and does find Sonic to be a poor weak little brother. But in episodes like It's Not Me, It's the One-Armed Hedgehog, where he does care about Sonic even if he does consider himself the team leader but his heart is in the right place. I just find Knuckles in New Year's Retribution to be just absolutely adorable and seeing him having the time of his life, definitely shows me his childlike innocence in my eyes.

Boom Knuckles is kind of like that older brother than thinks he's all that and finds himself superior amongst his friends/siblings but he does care about them and appreciate them.

I guess it would help to watch more of the episodes to see where people (like me :P) are coming from, you can still disagree even then. But I don't think it's very reasonable to say Knuckles is what Boom fans are saying when you only watched one half of the season, especially when the writers themselves said that the second half is much better.

Having watched the series in its entirety so far, I don't think you're completely off the mark. I've made it a point to not compare this incarnation to other incarnations, because it's wholly unfair to Boom in general. That said, when I take Boom as a standalone into account, Boom!Knux's stupidity does overwhelm most of his personality, and it really does get used as a vehicle for a lot of humor. He has his good moments, funny, even scattered about (I actually kinda liked when he used his sense of humor to the break the ice with the stuffy upper crust types in "My Fair Sticksy"), but most of the time he's just stupid and proud of it. Stuff like "Robot Battle Royale" really drive that home and makes him a really annoying character (no, Knuckles, slapping "2000" on the end of things does not make you an inventor). And, honestly, I think that's a real shame that they play up the stupid meathead stereotype with him so much. The official profiles mentioned things like a love for nature that I think would've been nice to have seen touched upon, and there were opportunities to do it, such as "Into the Wilderness" where he and Sonic challenge Amy and Sticks to a survival contest, that aren't really taken advantage of. I admit a lot of this is probably dependent on the writer, but they all seem to be doing roughly the same thing, with some probably exaggerating it worse than others.

On the plus side, I really compliment Travis Willingham's acting--I hate that this is the Knuckles he has to play, but I can tell he has a lot of fun with it, and I think his acting, comedic timing, and delivery is the best of the entire cast and it can sell even a subpar script (I always have a mixture of laughter and groaning when Knuckles opens his mouth in this show...). If it weren't for his performance, I'd probably find this incarnation completely insufferable.

Basically Knuckles in boom is Eric from Boy Meets World, caring older brother who is utterly clueless, but tends to do the right thing, with added muscle

Eggman needs to be more of a villain. Just because he's the comic-relief doesn't mean he can't be evil too. Take AoStH for example. He needs to have more world domination schemes.

So all these times that he's launched armies of robots, captured villagers in cages, framed people, and schemed wasn't evil? You don't need someone with world domination amibitions to be evil.

MORE SONIC-CENTERED EPISODES! Season 1 was pretty much 'The Eggman Show'

Only the first half. It has become much less about Eggman now. There has even been a couple of episodes that he hasn't appeared in.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, yeah...I actually loved Knuckles in My Fair Sticksy C= If we could see more good moments like that from him I'd be happy. Maybe I'd even watch more of the series...?

I'm starting to realize Knuckles DOES have a super positive skill and importance in Sonic Boom.
He's the only one who wakes Sonic up from his eternal naptime and make him run around and have fun.

Really, I like it when Sonic teams up with Knuckles. It's the only time I see Sonic show a little energy and excitement in the world, when the're playing sports and goofing off.
Otherwise Sonic's always either asleep, eating or being miserable. Surprised this incarnation of Sonic isn't super overweight yet.

• Thumbs Up 8

I do like how Sonic and Knuckles always hang-out doing ridiculously dangerous things and they have fun with it, it's pretty funny and sweet to see.

While I guess giving Knuckles more variety in his humor would be a great idea, I still found most of Knuckles' jokes still pretty hilarious (most of it is because of Travis' delivery) so I don't really hate Knux in this, he's probably THE most entertaining character in the show.

Better writers.

Or at least, writers that don't insult the intelligence of their audience with the usage of memes to get a cheap laugh.

"Sophisticated humor" my a$$.

In response to SF1991.. (Quote Button isn't working on my phone..) I can think of only two times Eggman had plans to destroy/take over the world. 'Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce' and 'Double Doomsday' (and in Doomsday, he only was trying to best Dave.) Every other episode was just about Eggman trying to kill Sonic for no real reason. In the games, he only does that if Sonic gets in the way of his plans. He's like a creepy stalker in Boom, because his whole mindset is 'SONICSONICSONIC! Gotta beat him, prove I'm the best! MUST DESTROY HIM! Oh, and be his best buddy too!' There were times when he attacked the village, but it was usually over something stupid, like losing to Leroy the Turtle in 'My Fair Sticksy' or Sonic cutting in line in 'Late Fees' he would also be quickly and easily defeated. Eggman never puts Sonic in a dillema in Boom. He is a mere annoyence to Sonic, he sends a few robots his way, Sonic smashes them, the end. That needs to change.

• Thumbs Up 1

More Sticks.

Unsure if it's just me, but it feels like as more episodes came in, she became less important.

Oh, and I want more Sonic and Tails moments/episodes. Sonic and Knuckles + Sonic and Amy get more moments than them. The first episode and minor moments in other episodes didn't give me enough of those two.

I honestly don't know how to reply to this thread, mostly because I have no idea what I could possibly suggest. I feel like if I were to take my direction with Sonic Boom, I'd honestly make it an entirely different show, and I don't want to do that. I personally don't care much for the show, but I am at least aware that other people like it, and I honestly wouldn't want to take that from someone.

The only thing I can really say is I wish SEGA would be much more forward on what Sonic Boom really is. Is it really an action adventure, or is it really Internet Memes the Situation Comedy? I feel a bit frustrated, because I want Sonic to be an action adventure series again, and SEGA keeps saying that Boom is an action adventure franchise, and yet I get a sitcom. And it's not a sitcom I particularly even like.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does Boom even use memes that much? I mean sure, they do a couple of memes here and there but most of the time, it's self-aware, satirical and the reference to a game/movie/show.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure there's atleast needs to be an output where Sonic is back to his more adventurous roots that doesn't suck, I guess.