Awoo.

What would you want to see differently in a season 2 of Sonic Boom?

SpongicX

Does Boom even use memes that much? I mean sure, they do a couple of memes here and there but most of the time, it's self-aware, satirical and the reference to a game/movie/show.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure there's atleast needs to be an output where Sonic is back to his more adventurous roots that doesn't suck, I guess. 

It's more of my general perception of the show, rather than it actually using internet memes. Like, it feels like some of the jokes are trying to make memes, I guess. Like, "EVIL HAM" or one of Eggman or Sticks random jabbering.

It's more of my general perception of the show, rather than it actually using internet memes. Like, it feels like some of the jokes are trying to make memes, I guess. Like, "EVIL HAM" or one of Eggman or Sticks random jabbering.

But doesn't every show have a running gag? Heck, even the main series has its fair share of gags, like the faceplant gag or the "Long time no see" gag. I don't see how it should looked down upon Boom for having that?

I love it whenever Lady Walrus comes around, it's always her baby and they make some great jokes around it. Though "evil ham" was used once but the fact he puts "evil" into pretty mundane stuff is pretty funny to me and he acts so over-the-top about it, which makes it funnier. 

Sticks and her paranoia can be funny but even I feel that she should be used sparingly if the writers are going to write her like that, like in Fire in a Crowded Workshop. She can still work as a character but bring more attributes to her character like Into the Wilderness and the like.

Yeah, but nobody makes memes on purpose. If they happen, it's on accident. You can't purposefully try to make a meme and succeed. And really, Evil Ham in particular is a double meaning, because it also refers to Mike Pollock literally hamming the shit out of his acting performance. And it is fucking glorious.

Screw anything else, Season 2 could only truly be bad if they removed the hamminess.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't call "character says/does something that's non sequitor" a running gag. Especially if every character, sans maybe Sonic and Tails, does it.

Another thing that I think should change in S2 would be a new intro. The current one is pretty bland. If they could use some of Crush40's cover of 'Sonic Boom' that would be epic. I would just like to note that, as much as I have complained about certain aspects of Boom in this thread, I really do love the show.

Edited by Myst

More of Eggman actually being nice, and not just using it as a front for his latest scheme. Season one had a bit of this, with him and Sonic being genuinely friendly in "New Year's Retribution," and particularly with Amy's friendship meaning so much to Eggman that he returned a stolen game piece for fear of losing it in "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies." These were honestly heartwarming moments, and seeing more of Eggman's nicer side in this hypothetical second season would be lovely.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know I'm not saying anything new here, but for the love of god, bigger and better action and fight scenes please. I have no problem with character-driven, situational comedy. But, Sonic is an action series. Boom hasn't really done a great job of reflecting that, despite its funny writing.

Also, the show's going to need more lore and world-building, if it wants to last. You can only run the same gags by people so many times, before they want something different and new.

Honestly, I kinda wish they had approached this like they did in the '90s, and made Sonic Boom a gag-based comedy show, but then supplemented it with another Sonic cartoon that was more serious and action-oriented. That would've been nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

I hope Roger doesn't mind if I borrow his latest video to back up what I'm about to say:

what I'd really like to see in a second season is consistency. Consistency concerning the character profiles in the official Sonic Boom site (which, compared to what actually happens in the cartoon, are 80% LIES).

If Sonic Boom has to be a comedy/sit-com, fine. But at least make the characters constantly likeable and coherent with themself (for example, if Knuckles is suddendly illiterate just to make a joke despite being capable to read in other episodes, I can't tell anymore what the traits of Knuckles are)

Also, as Roger says, looking at Sonic with his eyes half-closed in a bored expression for most of his screentime is not pleasant, for the viewer and for Sonic himself. How can I root for this guy, or even worse, how am I supposed to care about the cartoon if Sonic himself doesn't bother to care?

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I'd definitely like it if the townspeople were more likable. That and I hope some more characters from the games show up in this world like Rouge or the Chaotix.

looking at Sonic with his eyes half-closed in a bored expression for most of his screentime is not pleasant

Except he's almost never like that.

Also, as Roger says, looking at Sonic with his eyes half-closed in a bored expression for most of his screentime is not pleasant, for the viewer and for Sonic himself. How can I root for this guy, or even worse, how am I supposed to care about the cartoon if Sonic himself doesn't bother to care?

It's not that Sonic is always bored but more that Sonic is portrayed as the straight man, the "normal one" in most episodes. So when he sees something that ridiculous or as such, he's in his "so done" mode. Sonic is pretty laid-back but that's just because there is no actual tension or urgency since it is primarily a comedy.

But I can agree that giving more traits to the characters can be helpful. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love to see the Chaos Emeralds return and the Super forms. However, I doubt that will ever happen such elements would be too 'serious' for the show's tone.

...You know, now that I think about it, I think what would get me interested in Boom again would be transitioning from a slice-of-life comedy show with some rather downplayed action-adventure elements to an actual action-adventure comedy show. I certainly have no problem with slice-of-life in and of itself, I just don't feel like it plays well to Sonic's (the series and the character) strengths (unless maybe you modified them heavily, which this show doesn't). The characters just seem so geared toward action-adventure situations in how they were created and how they work. In normal continuity, they don't even have any "real life stuff" in their lives like jobs, families, school, many friends outside of people who help them on adventures, etc. - all the interesting things about them are intimately connected with the adventures they have. And since Sonic Boom doesn't really change this, I wish they'd try to focus on the more well-defined aspect of the characters' lives. I would totally be down with showing their "regular lives" and what they do when relaxing and hanging out if we got a better view of the "other" side. (Either that, or actually add a bit more depth to their everyday lives so they don't come across as a bunch of slackers ;P)

And, honestly...back when I was watching the show, it was funny most of the time. It's not perfect, but it's clear the writers have some skill with comedy. I wouldn't want them to take the focus away from the comedic. I just wish it lived up more to one of its early slogans, according to a promotional sign I saw posted here recently..."Half Comedy, Half Action".

I feel like I'm sort of beating a dead horse with all these comments, it's just...well, back when I watched Sonic Boom, I enjoyed some of the humor, sometimes actually quite a lot, but I just kept being so utterly underwhelmed with the overall "thrust" of the show. Maybe I should give it another chance, but I keep getting turned off by the fact that, no matter how good the individual jokes may be, the general focus and feel of the show just doesn't appeal to me. (That being said, maybe I will watch more episodes sometime anyway, I'd like to be better informed and they'll probably be at least reasonably funny.)

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly if the series had a finale that shown it was a live action sitcom performed in front of a live studio audience all along, and that gameverse Sonic was directing the show himself. Bonus points if gameverse Knuckles comes in and complains that he isn't that dumb or that bulky in real life.

Honestly, better models. The characters in Boom look.. strange, to say the least. And yeah, the front mouth is part of why. :v

• Thumbs Up 5

use the designs that were used in Sonic Lost World's CG animation.

It's all I'm asking,  nothing else because aside from the horrible character design, the series is fantastic

aside from the horrible character design, the series is fantastic

......ummmm, and what is so horrible about the designs? I'd say they look different enough but still look similar.

I mean, I guess the fact that they have a more adventurous look to them and then seeing the show with them just chilling, hanging out and do pretty normal things kind of throws things off but that doesn't really explain how the designs themselves look bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, first of all I want longer episodes, what some amusing storyline (totest longer story), several serious episodes of disclosure characters and their past, more action, a variety of scenic and beautiful locations, vocal rock'n'roll in opening and more friends of the games.

i don't know i someone said this before.. XD but i just reminded.. i would like to see more SatAM references appart from Walrus family (  i mean Lady Walrus and her babys and Willy Walrus and oldman Walrus? or mr? XD )

dunno... i would like to see other character that look similar to the Freedom fighters.. XD a little reminisence would be cool to see..

Edited by Drawloverlala

......ummmm, and what is so horrible about the designs? I'd say they look different enough but still look similar.

I mean, I guess the fact that they have a more adventurous look to them and then seeing the show with them just chilling, hanging out and do pretty normal things kind of throws things off but that doesn't really explain how the designs themselves look bad.

Well, Sonic's Legs look way too long and his arms aren't peach colored, he looks like friggin' woody the cowboy with a sonic head.

Also, Knuckles...

Seriously, I'd just overall take more enjoyment out of the series if the designs were what they were in Sonic Lost world....

But hey, if you don't agree with that, I'm okay, it is simply my opinion.

Well, Sonic's Legs look way too long and his arms aren't peach colored, he looks like friggin' woody the cowboy with a sonic head.

Also, Knuckles...

Seriously, I'd just overall take more enjoyment out of the series if the designs were what they were in Sonic Lost world....

But hey, if you don't agree with that, I'm okay, it is simply my opinion.

Personally I overall like the boom designs for the characters. Yes even Knuckles... And Boom Eggman has to be my favorite Dr.Eggman design of all of them yet.

I however like all the different main series styles. Classic. Modern. Boom. They all have their own charm to me.

Also just like Megaman X looks different from classic Megaman and is set in a different universe, so is Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see anything wrong with the designs, shoot I've grown to like buff Knuckles more than small Knuckles anyway, kinda fits too being how Sega has been dumbing him down game after game, that and now I'm convinced that Knuckles strength isn't a lie.

• Thumbs Up 5

Megaman X isn't a different universe though, it's a century after the classic games, after Zero killed the shit out of Rock.

In fact, what if BOOM is the same way? (x-files music)

• Thumbs Up 1

Megaman X isn't a different universe though, it's a century after the classic games, after Zero killed the shit out of Rock.

In fact, what if BOOM is the same way? (x-files music)

Alright how about Mega Man Legends then? =P

• Thumbs Up 1

...Also nope. Legends takes place even further in the future. It goes Classic -> X -> Zero -> ZX -> Legends -> Capcom being little shitbags

You should have said Battle Network or Star Force.

On topic, I want to learn the origins of this universe's versions of the characters and see how it differs from the main series.

Edited by Classic Spooky Shaddy