Awoo.

Miraculous Ladybug

ElectricAngel

Also in reference to the music.................................... I really like the full theme song of the show. A lot.

Other than that though, the music within the show itself is............................. there I guess. 

11 hours ago, Tara said:

Okay, so I've watched a few episode of the show and while I was initially enthused for it, I have to say that I was very underwhelmed watching it.

The character designs and the voice acting for most of the characters are decent, but I feel like the show is extremely formulaic to the point of being uninteresting.  I appreciate that the show has a lot of Sailor Moon influence, but none of the charms that, even ironically, made Sailor Moon a fun show to watch.  Maybe it's the boring music, maybe the characters just aren't likable, maybe it's the fact that Cat Noir is a boring character that has been used in literally EVERY pseudo-anime ever?

Seriously, Cat Noir is a character that I feel like I've seen so many times before because I know I have.  He's Odd from Code: Lyoko.  He's Beat Boy from Teen Titans (minus the interesting emotional conflicts and stuff).  I'm pretty sure there was a similar character in Totally Spies.  Is there a TV Tropes page for "Whiny Dumbass With a Nasally Voice and a Cocky Attitude" trope?  I feel like this archetype plagued the mid-2000's to the point of being a staple.  And maybe that's why this show just doesn't click with me.  It feels like a mid-2000's show, while not touching upon anything new or interesting.

To make matters worse, I feel like I don't understand the setup and the pilot episode doesn't do much to help me with that.  How did Ladybug and Cat Noir get their powers?  Who are those Navi-esque floating things?  Why do Ladybug and Cat Noir not know each other's secret identities?  Do they not trust each other?  They're shown to be pretty close allies in the show.  And yes, I know I can just look up this information on Wikipedia or something, but that's the thing.  I'm not complaining that this information isn't available.  I'm complaining that it isn't conveyed within the show.

I was hoping this show would be at least cheesy to the point where it's funny.  But it's honestly just sort of boring.  Not bad enough to be terrible, but not good enough for me to care.  I'm thinking I'll probably take it off my DVR schedule.

Apparently there's an origin story that's supposed to be the season finale. For some reason.

Me, I kinda appreciate how apologetically cliched it is. It's like in the midst if the Madokas and the Yuki Yunas it just wants to be a straight Magical Girl show, no tricks or sucker punches.

Yeah, it's generic, but I get the sense that it's entirely by design. Personally, I think it's pretty ballsy to make something so cliched in this day and age. I wouldn't even says it feels like a mid-2000s show; this is something I'd expect to see right around the time the original Sailor Moon first came out.

And to answer your question, not yet, but if there was, I would name it "The Ron Stoppable".

I haven't watched the show (in english yet, I only saw the french and Korean versions), but yeah the theme song is really catchy.

40 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

Apparently there's an origin story that's supposed to be the season finale. For some reason.

Me, I kinda appreciate how apologetically cliched it is. It's like in the midst if the Madokas and the Yuki Yunas it just wants to be a straight Magical Girl show, no tricks or sucker punches.

Yeah, it's generic, but I get the sense that it's entirely by design. Personally, I think it's pretty ballsy to make something so cliched in this day and age. I wouldn't even says it feels like a mid-2000s show; this is something I'd expect to see right around the time the original Sailor Moon first came out.

And to answer your question, not yet, but if there was, I would name it "The Ron Stoppable".

I wouldn't mind it being as cliche as it was if I felt the presentation was better or something.  Otherwise, the show just doesn't click with me.

Oh yes!  Ron Stoppable was another one I was thinking of!  Only where Ron Stoppable was actually kind of funny, Cat Noir, in my opinion, just isn't.

• 1 month later...

So ehh yeahh despite the show going on air in Greece, erm, it got cut off after multiple shifts in the schedule, hence why I haven't talked about anything except the first episode. I can only assume they shifted it around to find the best time for airing or something. Aaanyway, after two weeks within the first episode's air, the later episodes were supposed to air every Thursday as part of Disney Channel's "Brand New Thursdays" block. It was Dog with a Blog, Miraculous Ladybug, and then some other show. However, the episodes never aired, even though there were promos. The series is returning on Monday with a new episode daily at 7pm so I'll be watching it then.

I can only assume it got cut because during the first episode's airing, there were noticeable problems with the broadcast. I thought it was just my satellite receiver but no. During slow motion sequences and transformation scenes, the framerate would shit itself and the show would have a lot of ghosting going on. I can only hope this has been fixed now when the series returns with the second episode. 

Also I probably would've watched the show via US Nickelodeon recordings but those are airing out of order. And if that's not bad enough, the iTunes copies are horribly interlaced and have something like.. muffled audio almost. It's incredibly bad and really sad to see how poorly distribution has been handled, both digitally and on airings. Or maybe it's just that I've been exposed to only the bad stuff. Not sure how the other broadcasts in other countries are doing. 

I got my brother hooked on the show. He's a fan of Chat Noir, he tends to like characters that often try to get a girl's attention, one of the main reasons why he's getting a kick out of Hater from Wander over Yonder.

As for me, I find the show to be okay, I mean it's not amazing but it kind of reminds me of my childhood days when I would watch the Winx Club and Sailor Moon. I just tend to gravitate to Magical Girl shows all because of my childhood memories.

Ya know I'm not going to lie........... silly as they may be

latest?cb=20150724232112

latest?cb=20150827035129

CQEUHU6U8AAAIAj.png

latest?cb=20150724231545

latest?cb=20151104073231

latest?cb=20151005174836

I really like the suit designs. Stupid thought they may be I kinda think they're cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I decided to follow and join this thread because I absolutely love Ladybug! Its exciting to be able to talk to fellow fans of the show. Just call me Aqua! Ive been watching mainly the French dub but I also watch the English dub. So far I'm on episode 13!

13? Then careful with spoilers, I watch in English, so I'm on 12.

So yeah Ladybug: it's Power Rangers repetitiveness, with kinda boring villain (with pretty obvious secret identity) and eye rolling romance drama. Nothing as deep as Steven Universe, Avatar or even on Gargoyles and Justice League level.

And yet it is kinda fun. Main heroes are quite likeable (except Plug, this cheese eating one-note), villains colorful for "one use" and I do want to learn more. For some reason I like more then say Nick TMNT, for all this show continuity, higher violence and feeding on my nostalgia. In fact, I stopped watching TMNT after what they did at the beginning of season 4.

24 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

13? Then careful with spoilers, I watch in English, so I'm on 12.

So yeah Ladybug: it's Power Rangers repetitiveness, with kinda boring villain (with pretty obvious secret identity) and eye rolling romance drama. Nothing as deep as Steven Universe, Avatar or even on Gargoyles and Justice League level.

And yet it is kinda fun. Main heroes are quite likeable (except Plug, this cheese eating one-note), villains colorful for "one use" and I do want to learn more. For some reason I like more then say Nick TMNT, for all this show continuity, higher violence and feeding on my nostalgia. In fact, I stopped watching TMNT after what they did at the beginning of season 4.

I feel like the show will get much deeper. Or at least a good amount of deepness. Theres the other heroes and the anime OVA thay theyre making.

Ok so here's something I found.

Wilfried Pain, when asked on Twitter if Hawk Moth is a metaphor for human ambivalence, responded, "Yes, you can say that. But his true nature and purpose will change your point of view."

Maybe it's just me or maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't get how this makes any sense at all and it kinda feels like a stretch to make it seem "deeper" than it really is.

Time will tell. Adventure Time & Steven Universe showed me that cartoon can start silly and without focus, but turn into something more. I don't see it happening with Ladybug, but I'm open for possibilities.

For now I would just ignore that info. Personally I don't even know what "ambivalence" has anything to do with anything. Then again, apparently I'm not very good at looking at deeper meanings.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Time will tell. Adventure Time & Steven Universe showed me that cartoon can start silly and without focus, but turn into something more. I don't see it happening with Ladybug, but I'm open for possibilities.

For now I would just ignore that info. Personally I don't even know what "ambivalence" has anything to do with anything. Then again, apparently I'm not very good at looking at deeper meanings.

As a fan who watched the dubbed episodes that came out that hasnt in the US, im not gonna spoil anything but just make sure you watch the rest of the episodes for the season when it airs. 

So with discussion on metaphors and stuff being in play, does that mean the series has actually evolved a little beyond the sort of lifeless entity it started out as?  Because I do really want to enjoy this show.

25 minutes ago, Tara said:

So with discussion on metaphors and stuff being in play, does that mean the series has actually evolved a little beyond the sort of lifeless entity it started out as?  Because I do really want to enjoy this show.

I say it definitely has. I recommend you watching the French/Korean dub on YouTube. They're all subbed already. Thing is, Ladybug was originally going to be an anime for a much older audience. It was going to include political themes (In the Anime trailer one of the villains was basically a terrorist, even) and it was going to deal with issues of the modern day. Sadly the anime wasnt picked up by networks and it turned into CGI for a younger audience. However, from what ive seen the creator is a vert cool guy and he listens to the fans. He knows very well that everyone is much older and is interested in the series, so I have faith he will deliver. I believe this show is going to expand. Not only that, an anime OVA is in production so that's going to b great too. This show has SO much potential. I would get into it, but I do not want to spoil. 

1 minute ago, Aqua7KH said:

I say it definitely has. I recommend you watching the French/Korean dub on YouTube. They're all subbed already. Thing is, Ladybug was originally going to be an anime for a much older audience. It was going to include political themes (In the Anime trailer one of the villains was basically a terrorist, even) and it was going to deal with issues of the modern day. Sadly the anime wasnt picked up by networks and it turned into CGI for a younger audience. However, from what ive seen the creator is a vert cool guy and he listens to the fans. He knows very well that everyone is much older and is interested in the series, so I have faith he will deliver. I believe this show is going to expand. Not only that, an anime OVA is in production so that's going to b great too. This show has SO much potential. I would get into it, but I do not want to spoil. 

I might give a few episodes of the original a watch sometime.  Good to hear that it didn't just remain stagnant like I thought it would.

I'm gonna take any hint of this show being more than the doofy magical girl show it wants to be with a massive grain of salt.

50 minutes ago, Tara said:

I might give a few episodes of the original a watch sometime.  Good to hear that it didn't just remain stagnant like I thought it would.

The anime was never made but the OVA is being worked on. I say definitely check out a few of the later CGI episodes and especially the origins episode! You might be interested.