Awoo.

Miraculous Ladybug

ElectricAngel

Oh they did make an origins episode?  Thank GOD.  I thought maybe they were just going to keep us wondering what everything is.

• Thumbs Up 3

53 minutes ago, Tara said:

Oh they did make an origins episode?  Thank GOD.  I thought maybe they were just going to keep us wondering what everything is.

Yup! I'd gladly link you to it too if you'd like! I just didn't want to spoil anything hugely for anybody but this was news that was told a while ago.

Here's more news about that episode as I just watched it last night and news about the future of the show (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

Spoiler

I'm not gonna tell you what happens in the episode, but there's more to it than just Ladybug and Cat Noir. Also, in the future a new heroine is going to appear in the show who I can assume is a miraculous holder as well. She is an Italian girl name Volpina and she is a holder of a Fox miraculous. So far there's just been a screenshot of the back of her and that's it.

also, the world of Ladybug is set in a Quantum world which is basically like a Spiderman world; superheroes aren't like shocking. It's pretty obvious since EVERYONE knows about Ladybug. Apparently there's also other ways someone to get superhuman abilities as well other than just being a miraculous holder. Depending on how much support the show gets, they're gonna expand into this. Really, I'd just recommend watching the origins episode and see if you like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/5/2016 at 4:18 AM, Aqua7KH said:

Yup! I'd gladly link you to it too if you'd like! I just didn't want to spoil anything hugely for anybody but this was news that was told a while ago.

Here's more news about that episode as I just watched it last night and news about the future of the show (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not gonna tell you what happens in the episode, but there's more to it than just Ladybug and Cat Noir. Also, in the future a new heroine is going to appear in the show who I can assume is a miraculous holder as well. She is an Italian girl name Volpina and she is a holder of a Fox miraculous. So far there's just been a screenshot of the back of her and that's it.

also, the world of Ladybug is set in a Quantum world which is basically like a Spiderman world; superheroes aren't like shocking. It's pretty obvious since EVERYONE knows about Ladybug. Apparently there's also other ways someone to get superhuman abilities as well other than just being a miraculous holder. Depending on how much support the show gets, they're gonna expand into this. Really, I'd just recommend watching the origins episode and see if you like it.

So, she'll be wearing a necklace then!

latest?cb=20160305221814

Kinda figured there would be other heroes...

By the way does anyone else think...

Spoiler

Chloe is going to become a superhero as well? I heard some people note the similarities between her and Flash Thompson who later on became to be Agent Venom from Spider-Man. Also if you look at the box, there is a Bee Miraculous and Chloe's design does give off a Queen Bee Vibe.

16 hours ago, Champion Falling-Zebra said:

Hidden Content

It can be assumed yeah.

Something I'd like to point out; (Massive Spoilers)

Spoiler

If you look in that same box (I can't upload the pic since its too big) you can see that the blue miraculous is missing. To me it looks like a Peacock miraculous. Because it's missing, that means that it's lost somewhere or someone already has it.

1 hour ago, sonicgirl313 said:

By the way does anyone else think...

Reveal hidden contents

Chloe is going to become a superhero as well? I heard some people note the similarities between her and Flash Thompson who later on became to be Agent Venom from Spider-Man. Also if you look at the box, there is a Bee Miraculous and Chloe's design does give off a Queen Bee Vibe.

Spoiler

I'd honestly rather see Nathanael as a hero rather than Cholé. Nath ftw

Sorry for the repost, but I drew Ladybug during the Roaring Twenties; Carla White. Cat Noir is her cop partner. I may draw him I dunno.

This is her costume, plus a skirt that I didn't include.

image.thumb.jpeg.c301d40b1c895efb7e609ec

• Way Past Cool 1

9 hours ago, Aqua7KH said:

Sorry for the repost, but I drew Ladybug during the Roaring Twenties; Carla White. Cat Noir is her cop partner. I may draw him I dunno.

This is her costume, plus a skirt that I didn't include.

image.thumb.jpeg.c301d40b1c895efb7e609ec

This sort of thing typically belongs in Showcase, unless, say, the specific contents of the drawing are immediately relevant to something being discussed.

2 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

This sort of thing typically belongs in Showcase, unless, say, the specific contents of the drawing are immediately relevant to something being discussed.

Sorry. I just posted it in here because its the Ladybug thread and I wanted to discuss about the different Ladybugs across time

Ya know, watching a few more episodes of this show in french makes me kinda realize something that kinda bothers me. The partnership between Cat Noir and Ladybug feels kinda.... off balance? Like I don't really mind ladybug being better than him, but she's soooooooooooo much better and in several episodes there are times where it feels like he hardly does anything and she solves all or most of the problems and is the one who really beats the bad guys. In fact there was one episode where she was fighting alone throughout almost all of it! Sure it's not like Cat Noir has 0 skill whatsoever, but I get the impression that Ladybug could handle villains on her own, (like I said, in a few cases she does) but with Cat Noir I never get that impression. 

Cat Noir on the otherhand seems to get thrown around on his butt so much and so often it often makes him come across as just totally incompetent a lot of the time. Like I get that ladybug is generally the more important character anyway, but there's just times where I wonder why he even needs to be there at all. There's exceptions of course, but he's the one who gets hurt the most, he's the one who always falls under a villain's hypnotizing affect, he's the one who always seems to be in greater danger of de transforming. It just seems to one sided to me as a partnership. Hell ladybug is even a better Martial Artist than him, which really strikes me as odd, because Adrian (Cat Noir) has actual combat training outside of his super heroics. She handles a lot of the problems herself anyway, so why bother? 

Granted I guess they sorta did the same thing in Kim Possible. I can't really comments on that or how or why it worked there, because I haven't even thought about that show in ages and my memory of it is fuzzy at best.

Really? I didn't notice it being that bad. He was the one to fight Dark Blade for example.

Also, I do remember that twice he sacrificed himself to protect her (Cupid's arrow and Time Breaker's touch)

Yeah I haven't been able to catch any of the recent episodes, what the heck time does the show come on?

10 hours ago, Dizcrybe said:

So... is this show still airing, just at a different time?

3 hours ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Yeah I haven't been able to catch any of the recent episodes, what the heck time does the show come on?

I don't know. I've just been watching the episodes on Yourube. the normal time is at noon on Sundays but it might've changed.

OOOH BOY HOWDY SPOILERS

Wont try to spoiler much but Volpina is NOT a miraculous holder!

Also, The Peacock Miraculous is seen and it's owned by...

Adrien's Dad!

5 hours ago, Detective Zebra said:

OOOH BOY HOWDY SPOILERS

Hidden Content

SPOILERS BELOW

Spoiler

I watched that episode last night. First of all, I utterly cant stand Volpina omg. Technically she is a miraculous holder though since she does have the Fox miraculous. Its just weird because she gets Akumatized even though she has it. Perhaps Hawkmoth will take her under his wing and train her. I really hope her character gets better because omg she is so bratty. She's like worse than Chloe. Everyone expected her to be good which doesn't help either. What's weird though, is how the heck did she even get the Fox miraculous? I know it was in the book, but in the beginning of the origins episode we see that Master Fu has it. Its only the Peacock miraculous that hes missing. Also THAT CLIFFHANGER OMG. With the peacock miraculous, maybe Adrien's mom was Peacock? It would make sense since its in the safe that appears to hold other momentos of the mother. Maybe she died while fighting and that caused Hawkmoth to seatch for the Moth Brooch to find a way to bring his wife back, which is by getting Ladybug and Noir's miraculouses as it will give him limitless power. Also- why is Gabriel so nice in Simonsayz it was so weird and he wasnt a douchebag for once and OMG DOES HE AND ADRIEN KNOW EACHOTHERS SECRET OMG. After watching the episodes last night, im just positively 100% confused. I like it. Also, if Gabriel is Hawkmoth how the heck was he able to change and dissapear in the Simonsayz episode omg. Also, Gabriel flopping around as a butterfly was the best. A part of me wishes that Gabriel wasnt Hawkmoth just because that would fuck with everybody LOL

• 6 months later...

So remember when I asked people if Chloe would become a superhero because I noted the similarities between her and Agent Venom. Both are bullies toward the main character but are also huge fans of their superhero personas. The creator of Ladybug even admitted her draws quite abit of influence from Spider-Man. Then there's the fact there was the Bee Miraculous and I noted how Chloe's design was reminiscent of a Bee. Well today it was, revealed, I was right. Chloe is joining Ladybug and Chat Noir to save Paris in Season 2 as Queen Bee!

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite being late, I finished watching the first Season of Miraculous Ladybug and I have to say, I like this series a lot! The chemistry between Ladybug and Cat Noir is the biggest strength in my opinion. I'm terribly sorry I didn't see this series sooner! Now I'm looking forward to Season 2!

• 2 weeks later...

NYCC just happened and along with further confirmation of Chloe = Queen Bee, ANOTHER hero was confirmed...

Alya is the REAL Volpina!

Really excited to see what these two add to the usual duo's dynamic in Season 2. Should make for a fun mix of different personalities. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 11 months later...

So I binged through this either last semester or the one before it and it's a decent show. 

Since we're waiting on the currently awaiting premier Season 2, I want to post a few questions to get some talking going:

Who are your favorite characters period?

Who is/are your favorite schoolmate(s)?

Who is/are your favorite villain thus far?

Who are the opposite of any of those things?

And who/what would you like to see played with more in the future?

• 1 month later...

Since the English Dub for the Season 2 premiere is out, I'd like to specify something.

While Hawk Moth and Gabriel Agreste do share the same voice actor in many different dubbings of the show, this is not always the case. The Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Hebrew, and Hungarian dubs cast separate actors for the two, thus the other dubs either saw plot notes for the Pixelator episode before the auditions or the actors simply fit both roles.

On 9/26/2016 at 11:49 AM, sonicgirl313 said:

So remember when I asked people if Chloe would become a superhero because I noted the similarities between her and Agent Venom. Both are bullies toward the main character but are also huge fans of their superhero personas. The creator of Ladybug even admitted her draws quite abit of influence from Spider-Man. Then there's the fact there was the Bee Miraculous and I noted how Chloe's design was reminiscent of a Bee. Well today it was, revealed, I was right. Chloe is joining Ladybug and Chat Noir to save Paris in Season 2 as Queen Bee!

UGGGGGGGGGH

Like I get what they're trying to do with her, esp with her episode but I still don't like Chloe at all lmao. Her personality is like pretty much the most frustrating out of all the supporting characters. I don't see how they can swing it around without completely changing who she is.

Had no idea the premiere of Season 2 was out. Will have to watch it, I just binged through this over the past month with my gf and we were both digging it. I love chat noir.

Yeah, I know it might be a bit on the late side for this, but here is the [non-spoilery] trailer for Season 2.

1 hour ago, Remy said:

Her personality is like pretty much the most frustrating out of all the supporting characters.

I don't see how they can swing it around without completely changing who she is.

Had no idea the premiere of Season 2 was out. Will have to watch it, I just binged through this over the past month with my gf and we were both digging it. I love chat noir.

That was kinda the point though.

Character Development.

And yes, I just noticed it last night.

I saw the Season 2 premiere last night.

It was pretty obvious who Hawk Moth’s identity was. I’m glad to see an overall story arc developing this time around instead of each episode containing it’s own story. The major downside of season one was the plot becoming repetitive. 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

I saw the Season 2 premiere last night.

Hide contents

It was pretty obvious who Hawk Moth’s identity was. I’m glad to see an overall story arc developing this time around instead of each episode containing it’s own story. The major downside of season one was the plot becoming repetitive. 

Yeah, the episode with Simon Says is the one that blatantly drew attention to it. I explained in one of my posts that the most immediate similarity is common but not universal in the various dubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, they're really churning episodes out, aren't they?

Anyway, I've got a thought that shouldn't be viewed unless you know about some of the preview and concept for upcoming stuff.

So Le Paon  has to be Natalie, right?