Awoo.

Miraculous Ladybug

ElectricAngel

• 2 months later...

Okay, I don't know if anyone else has been keeping up with and/or looking ahead at this show anymore, but in case someone has, do you think the character from the Reverser episode was originally written as a girl and changed later on?

On 7/27/2018 at 7:39 PM, DabigRG said:

Okay, I don't know if anyone else has been keeping up with and/or looking ahead at this show anymore, but in case someone has, do you think the character from the Reverser episode was originally written as a girl and changed later on?

The character was based off a friend of Thomas https://twitter.com/daferisae/status/1022596568610824192?s=21

5 hours ago, bluross_1992 said:

The character was based off a friend of Thomas https://twitter.com/daferisae/status/1022596568610824192?s=21

Oooh, so he's BASED on someone who seems to be LGBT(and has a surprisingly awesome name)? Guess that unambiguously explains it, as the character's expressions at times just seemed like evidence that they might've changed the model very late in the game but didn't properly re-correlate the chores.

Cool, thanks for the insight!

• 3 months later...

I've heard the finale is really good.

Now let's just hope we actually get the dang thing on Netflix in December as they planned instead of another delay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 9:15 PM, DabigRG said:

How much of Season 2 has actually aired in America thus far?

Like, the first half. The second half is supposed to be coming to Netflix next month, but their new episode announcements haven't exactly been reliable when it comes to this show, so we'll see...

10 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Like, the first half. The second half is supposed to be coming to Netflix next month, but their new episode announcements haven't exactly been reliable when it comes to this show, so we'll see...

Okay, neat to know.

• 7 months later...

I watched the Dubbed episodes of Season 3 up till episode...11, I think? * I gotta say, while I'm overall enjoying the show and how it's legit ramping things up in a modest way, it did sorta surprise me how nonchalant the premiere was in being the beginning of a season. There's also a degree of repeats or rather encores going on here at points, which is...interesting.

In latest news, I'm not sure how I feel about the last episode. * It's ...something, but how that something is handled is...well I'm not sure.

For context on the *s,

Spoiler

Gamer 2.0 is the next episode and I'm referring to TimeTagger

Bonus: Who/What have been your favorite character/episode(s) thus far and how does the future for the show reflect for you interdependently of them?

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, I'm gonna take a minute to about some of the things going on with the show right now(in Season 3, so mild spoilers):

• As you may or may not know and have noticed, a fair number of Season 3's plot points are actually things that were planned for earlier seasons, but didn't happen as announced.
    • The episode Chris Master, for example, was actually intended to be a special, but was rejected by producers.
      • Things like the introduction of Nino's family and Lila being a recurring character were likewise stated as plot points for Season 2.
  • The presence of other Miraculous Users was actually part of the original premise of the show, but was shot down by broadcasters. 
  • The episodes are seriously out of order. This has somewhat been a thing since the last  6 episodes of Season 1, but it's particular bad here due to notable developments being shown off earlier than likely intended and even the various wikis have no clue what order episodes past 6/9 are supposed to be in.(Slightly bigger spoilers ahead, but it's easy for me to keep it vague 😞
    • Interestingly enough, the apparent Season Premiere Chameleon was apparently supposed to be episode 3 in favor of Timebreaker. While that does make sense in hindsight, it fits well enough nonetheless and I personally appreciated it despite always noticing how nonchalant it was for it's listing.
    • From my perspective, I've watched up to episode 13 (Puppeteer 2.0) and was about to watch 14(Party Crasher), but apparently the latter is supposed to come later in the season, again, due to fairly serious spoilers.
    • However, the king of this fuckup(I do mean that) has to be what appeared to be episode 15(Ikari Gozen), which is apparently not only a legitimately huge plot development from late in the Season, but was shown off here at ComicCon 2019 both BEFORE many episodes aired on TV here AND it even aired anywhere else!

Edit: With that said, Party Crasher is a fantastic mash of nonsense.

• 3 months later...

Okay, so the episode order has once again gotten oddly jumbled: while it mostly seemed to be correcting itself, part 1 of the finale was released a couple of weeks back after the episodes Kwamibuster and Feast which seemed appropriate enough given the resolution and revelations, respectively. 

However, part 2 only went up yesterday or so and it turns out that not only were three of the earlier episodes much later on the episode guide(though one is pretty much filler), but there are two pretty drastic episodes that were not only supposed to air before the finale, but people apparently feel they would've been better suited the finale. 

I've seen all but one of episode(starring a character that thought to never make it into the show) besides Miracle Queen and I can somewhat agree. Add in TvTropes noting how that character and the events of the finale mess with the relevance of Lila, I'm starting to get a few more vibes that the story is being tweaked from what it was set out to be in favor of something else again. Possibly one that's less interesting/developed than what we could've had. 

Okay, I have now seen the Finale and yeah, that was lame. The situation/stakes itself was fine, it's just the resolution and how they chose to handle things was lackluster.

Felix was comparatively better despite the premise and how seemingly irrelevant it is. Though I didn't care for how they blatantly reused the model and voice.

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas Astruc did an interview about what to expect in Season 4. 

Here are an English transalation and the broad points:

Spoiler
  • Sabrina will get more screentime

• Adrienette will happen at some point, but it can't happen randomly, just like that.

• ep 100 will have something "incredible" and "really big"

• every single episode from season 4 will be on the same emotional level as Chat Blanc. 

On a different note, I've been learning of a few details that I overlooked or didn't really consider. One that I thought only I had really considered was the likelihood of Emilie's intentions should she be awoken.

EDIT: Gonna go ahead and say my piece on an particular plot element as well(spoilers for Season 3 finale and Season 4)

Spoiler

I hate the idea of "New Bee."

Not so much whatever the character will be, because we honestly don't know right now, but rather the simple plain fact that they are bringing in a new seemingly identical character to take up the mantle at the same time the titular Miracle Queen was handled and resolved so poorly. Queen Bee Chloe could've/should've been
an anti-hero/wild card who decides to take the power for herself while being on neither side or at least been treated more dramatically/seriously before her official confiscation. Though it ended up being neither of those things, there is at least the sole option of having her be more suspectible to Lila & HawkMoth in an attempt to regain her power to salvage all that.

But then you're gonna turn around and introduce a literal Not!Chloe to be the Bee Miraculous holder instead? Why? It's such a lazy idea/direction that looks poorly thought out in regards to the long-term. Like, let's say this plays out according to logical progression and she maintains the role until Chloe possibly earns the right to be Queen Bee again--then what? Does Humble Bee decide that she isn't cut out for the job and also move away for some reason? Why would you set something that inane, predictable, and wasteful up? And while we're at it, why does it have to be a new character that just happens to look like Chloe? Why couldn't it be an established character like Aurora?

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2015 at 8:40 PM, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

I swear that this show's title font just screams "Totally Spies " to me. 

Well, I guess I know why now.

• Nice Smile 1

Ah.

So, what's the current consensus on this show nowadays?

People liking it? Hating it?

Polarized af?

Don't remember what a Miraculous is?

17 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Ah.

So, what's the current consensus on this show nowadays?

People liking it? Hating it?

Polarized af?

Don't remember what a Miraculous is?

People overall enjoy it. It does some nice twists on typical tropes.

6 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

People overall enjoy it. It does some nice twists on typical tropes.

Oh?

I'm kinda under the impression that things are mixed after the recent season.

• 7 months later...