Awoo.

a game with just Sonic and villian....

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I disagree with that. The gimmiks you say expend to Sonic as not only a character but in gameplay. I want to see more of that in the future. 

There's nothing actually wrong with a Sonic and Eggman game but I really think more characters need recognition right now.

I also don't think it will achieve what you want it to.If you want to test Sonic there needs to be more of a story. With so few characters, what might the problem be? What is at stake? Who will Sonic show his personality  to?

I would argue Sonic can mostly deal with stuff himself, recently it seems like he always needs Tails to "bring him down a peg" (or writers make out that he does) and I find that silly. That said, to have an interesting story things need to be difficult and Sonic's going to need someone to help out now and then.

Plus, I think the series needs the other characters right now.

Also I don't think wisp powers are interesting anymore. They were a good gimmick for Sonic colours, but I feel they are old now.

There are already lots of characters with different powers. Frankly we're much better off using a powerful character like Knuckles to utilize his brute force in gameplay developed around his character then randomly injecting the ability to dig or smash rocks into Sonic's gameplay.

Edited by Amomynous
  • Thumbs Up 3

I personally like the different powers sinse they add mch verity to the game. Like man I was an EAGLE! And Sonic was a fire bomb. We need more of this in games. Or something else to show his flexible side in stengths. 

I'd personally prefer the Wisps to be like they were in Colors DS and Lost World 3DS, used as more of an action power-up rather than to be used for puzzles. I love using the Wisps to destroy bosses in those games, SO MUCH FUN!

• Thumbs Up 2

Me to. I want to use the wisps when I feel like it but they were fun in Colors. I love them also in Colors 3DS. Lost World was amazing with them. Sonic has so many ablities in the game and they were amazing. Like Sonic turning to a black hole to swallow his ememies. or turning to an eagle. I just cant with awesomeness 

I wonder sometimes if the next Sonic game should be just Sonic and Eggman. 

If he's saving animals then you can use different wisps for Sonic to powerup.

Something new! What do you think?

Just Sonic as playable character, Eggman as villain and using Wisps!
Something New!
Y'know, like every single Legacy Sonic game in the past 7 years.

Sarcasm aside, I'd love to see a game exploring Sonic and Eggman as characters, since they're a mess at the moment of what they're supposed to be.
But then again, all Sonic characters can use a fresh re-establishing.
Depends on the writers. Sonic Boom was our big opputunity to re-built Sonic's world from scratch and they butched it up.

But no Wisps please. They take the pace out of the gameplay.

....Also, fascinating how you consider Sonic requiring Wisps to gain powers strenghtens him personally, while him relying on friends is appearently making him weaker as a character.
In both cases he's requiring help from others.

Edited by Roger_van_der_weide

I should have worded it better. I wanted a game that explore and expends Sonic's ablities like combats and his experiance intellgence and also wisps as an extra and how he himself beats Eggman by himself without others telling him what to do. I want to see him shine in a way that he uses his wit and skills and levels up as he goes to defeat the villian. That way it also expends on Eggman as a villian to because no one will steal his spotlight.

That's what I wanted. Sonic, Eggman and a small cast. I want it to happen. I never said that relying in friends makes him weaker, I said that I felt unconfortable with him relying on them too much to where his skills don't show. 

Sonic relying in his friends makes you uncomfortable? Well, I personally think that at this point, Yacker and other wisps pretty much counts as Sonics friends. And I think that Sonic has shined well enough in games from Colours to Lost world where he does pretty much everything beside Tails doing some things thats let's face it, Sonic just isn't capable of doing because he lacks both intelligence and skills to do those. Honestly, I personally think that Sonic is even overpowered in the latest games and I think that good example of this is the Perfect chaos boss. In SA1, he needed Chaos emeralds to beat him. And in Generations he didn't.

When we're talking about wisps, along with them being in some way replacement to other characters, I have another major problem with them being staple in the series: storywise it doesn't make any sense to them being in the game and even if I haven't played Lost world, I know that this was an issue in that game. I mean, what I got in the story of Colours wisps returned in their planet which was freed from Eggman's spacepark. Or is Planet wisp like Little planet which returns annually? I know that there are many people who don't mind this kind of inconsistencies but they really bother me.

I think that this video sums up my opinion about wisps pretty well: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IV3UlQ3Vnqg

Relying on them is not the problem. The problem IS people want Sonic to rely on them TOO much. I don't mind him being knocked down a peg but I want it to be reasonable and no so that it makes Sonic look weaker. Like they did in Lost World, I like Tails in the game but I feel they make him so that it shows how stupid Sonic is plus he got angry at Sonic because he thinks Sonic trust Eggman more which we know is not true but its there to make it that hey guys "Sonic fucked up hahaha". They put Sonic under the bus in the game. 

Relying on them is not the problem. The problem IS people want Sonic to rely on them TOO much. I don't mind him being knocked down a peg but I want it to be reasonable and no so that it makes Sonic look weaker. Like they did in Lost World, I like Tails in the game but I feel they make him so that it shows how stupid Sonic is plus he got angry at Sonic because he thinks Sonic trust Eggman more which we know is not true but its there to make it that hey guys "Sonic fucked up hahaha". They put Sonic under the bus in the game. 

I myself don't think that Lost world made Sonic look stupid because 1. he made few mistakes, well everybody makes mistakes sometimes and personally, I can't relate to a character who never does anything wrong or never faces anything that he really needs to overcome, and 2. I don't think that Sonic is stupid. However, I think that he can be impatient and rash sometimes and that can cause person to do something stupid sometimes.

And I don't think that relying on other makes Sonic look any weaker, I think that Adventure games and Heroes pulled this of quite well. I never think when I play those games that Sonic is weak, in fact I think that he is very strong but he does have his limits, he simple can't do everything.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thats true. I like how though Sonic made a mistake he owned up to it and I liked that about him. 

Sonic did own up, but he never needed to listen to Tails or change his strategy/ actions.
The entire story pretty much collapses into neat pieces by itself.

Sonic never has to argue with/ reject Eggman, the guy is immediatly killed of/ revealed as bad guy.
He never has go out of his way to let Tails solve any problems, Tails fixes the robot thing/arrives at the plot machine all by himself without Sonic's input.
Even Sonic Rushing-into-action faults never needs to be adressed, Sonic just keeps on trucking the same way he always did with no problems.

In the end, his character arc just boils down to an apology.

Edited by Roger_van_der_weide