Awoo.

Favourite Sonic Quotes in games/shows.

David Tennant

Sorry if this topic is out of the rules or if it's been already done, lock this or delete if that's the case. Basically, just post some or at least a line in the entire series, canon or not, which seemed to be the best or just catch you more, whoever it might come be from the story. My favourites are, for example:

"I can't let you win, your adventure days are coming to an end." Shadow the Hedgehog (Referring to Sonic before he gets to the Eclipse Cannon, Sonic Adventure 2)

"I'm Sonic the Hedgehog! I have no master, except the wind that blows free!" Sonic the Hedgehog (To Sir Percival as she asks his name and command, Sonic and the Black Knight)

So yeah, this is pretty much it. I like SA2 lines so much, too, but I'll have to write them all until I could get to my favorite, though. So what's your favourite line Sonic or any other character said in the franchise, which didn't sounded bad at all or sounded strong for that character, I don't know, which are yours?

"No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me!"

Nah, I'm just kidding.

I think a line that I really loved was from Unleashed.

"Do I need a reason to want to help out a friend?"

It shows how caring Sonic is, and it really shows his selfless character on the inside when he isn't giving his usual snarky attitude. Plus the music that accompanies the line, "No Reason" is very nice.

• Thumbs Up 4

This isn't really specific because it has been said it quite a few different types of media but "I'm Sonic... Sonic the hedgehog". Also I know it is kind of dumb but probably every "Hell" and "Damn" from Shadow The Hedgehog. Also I really like "I am Dr. Robotnik the greatest scientific genius in the world" and "Away before I make mincemeat out of you" from SA1. I mean come on. That mincemeat line is epic. Also I have to mention an amazing SatAM quote. Dr. Robotnik: Snivley what color is my heart?? Snivley: I don't see a heart sir. Dr. Robotnik: Exactly.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Away, before I make mincemeat out of you."

"What you see is what you get -- just a guy who loves adventure!"

I don't have more

• Thumbs Up 2

"Away before I make mincemeat out of you" from SA1. I mean come on. That mincemeat line is epic.

Man, I haven't heard that line since long. Might've said it become on my favorites now.

Another epic line, I think: "
As long as I can still strangle a Zeti, my hands are fine".

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Heroes.

I don't know it gets me every time when Sonic says

"Time to crack that Eggman wide open! Yeah, let's party!"

So HYPE! And I want to go on adventure right away! Sonic Heroes has a lot of my favourite quotes. And

"TOO BAD IT'S ALL OVER... FOR YOU!" 

is golden, everyone would agree. Also I like the dialog between Team Dark and Team Sonic in Frog Forest. Especially last 3 lines.

- "Hmm, didn't you know? We have a date with Eggman, too."

- "Is that so? Well then, it'll be a date to DIE for!"

- "Hey, that's my line!"

Sonic & the Secret Rings. I'll just leave these favourite quotes without a comment.

"I TOLD YOU! I'm not a RAT! I'm a hedgehog!"

"Time may fly, but I'm even faster!"

Sonic Unleashed. I am always hyped about Sonic saying

"Time for the big finale!"

I sure have other favourite quotes but can't remember now, but they are not that favourite if I can't remember, I dunno...

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, I don't know why, but I've been catched with Dr. Eggman in Sonic Adventure 2, when he said to Shadow:

"Now it's time to end this long drawn-out battle, and mark myself a place in history as the ultimate genius... Hurry! The time for attack has come! It's now or never!"

I don't know why but that quote from him always catched me, specially when he said "It's now or never!" because you really know he's not going to win, but you get the feeling he's really convinced that nothing can go wrong for him, this time. He was that close, though, if only Sonic wouldn't learn Chaos Control from Shadow, his line would have worked..

Edited by David Tennant

Eggman: Your right.. I am the worst roomate.. (Sobs) I never lived with other people before.. Cubot: What about us? Eggman: YOU DON'T COUNT! Makes me laugh everytime.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've got quite a few but I'll try to narrow it down to ten (in no particular order):

01. "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while." - Excalibur Sonic, Sonic and the Black Knight

02. "If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have!" - Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

03. "I had really hoped for more time to train you!" "Oh yeah? Well I wanted a better sword!" - Caliburn and Sonic, Sonic and the Black Knight

04. "What you see is what you get! Just a guy who love adventure! I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!" - Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure 2

05. "All living things kneel before your master!" - Neo Metal Sonic, Sonic Heroes

06. "You fool! Away! Before I make mincemeat out of you!" - Dr. Eggman, Sonic Adventure

07. "Farewell Sonic. My most admirable adversary." - Dr. Eggman, Sonic Adventure 2 (God, I miss Deem Bristow)

08. "That's a good one! Your emerald? Talking to you is a waste of time!" - Knuckles the Echidna, Sonic Adventure 2 (I miss Scott Dreier too)

09. "It was... never about chivalry for me... I just gotta do what I gotta do, that's all!" - Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Black Knight

10. "The present day... The here and now that you've stolen... Time to take it back!" - Super Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Finally honorable mention goes to just about everything Omega has ever said. Ever.

Edited by Bowbowis
  • Thumbs Up 5

Funny enough, it's actually the first "?" You encounter in Wave Ocean.

I think it went something like, "When you land on a wall, press the A button to hop onto another".

Another one is

"No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me!" 

Now, I know that people can't seem to get why so many people find this line funny, but I actually think it's because of the way Roger Craig Smith delivered it + the music.

Basically everything Sonic and Caliburn say to/about each other.

Sonic:"Think you can sharpen this dull piece of rust?"

Caliburn: "Fool! It is you who is dull!"

-------

King Arthur: "Seems the only thing you are good for is running away."

Caliburn:"You underestimate him, he also has a big mouth."

--------

Sonic: "With Excalibur by my side, I'm unstoppable!"

Excalibur/Caliburn(To Merlina): "I will teach you the error of your ways."

Sonic: "Heh heh! My trusty sword's gonna teach you a lesson!"

This kind of caught my attention because the tone seems to be along the lines of "Look at my awesome sword! :D" I find it amusing that amongst all the bickering he really likes the oversized letter opener anyway. I think it's mutual, Caliburn just has a stiff upper lip.

--------

Of course there is the game's climax.

Sonic: "Merlina, every world has it's end, I know that's kinda sad but that's why we've got to live life to the fullest. At least that's what I figure."

--------

Edited by Amomynous
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tails: "Hurry! Before they transmit our location!"
Sonic: "Aw, so I've gotta be fast? I dunno, guys...."

~ Archie Sonic #253

Does "CHECK OUT THE CONSOLES" count? It's an old favorite of mine.

If not, I'll settle for "THAT'S ONE OF EGGMAN'S CLUNKERZ."

All living things neel before your master! - Neo Metal Sonic from Heroes

Death to all who oppose me! - Shadow the Hedgehog

All Cannons, open fire! - Eggman from Heroes

Those are few of my favs

• Thumbs Up 1

Some of my favourites include:

SA

Eggman - "You fool. Away! Before I make mincemeat out of you." (The way he says this line is so sinister and menacing which is great)

Knuckles - "I may not know the whole story behind this but perhaps it's better that way. I am at peace once more."

Some from BK inlcude

The whole of Sonic and Caliburn's dialogue mainly because I find the ongoing banter between very entertaining and fun. They're either making witty remarks, funny snipes at each other or just delightfully bonding in general to what they're seeing, doing and experiencing in the environments that they are travelling through.

Sonic - "I play by my own rules, remember that!" / "I have no master except the wind that blows free!" / "Nah, it's just how I roll!"

Sonic - "Here we go, dull blade!"

Caliburn - "Fool!"

Sonic - "That was a bit riskier than usual"

Caliburn - "How fair you, Sir Knave?"

Caliburn - "What is the problem?"

Sonic - "I think I'm holding it!"

Sonic - "Man, this guy sure has a thing for battles!"

Caliburn - "I could say the same about you!"

Caliburn - "I am NOT some Woodman's AXE!"

Caliburn - "What?! Do you have the right to claim the side of justice when you can't see evil for what it is?"

Sonic - "Whoa! I guess even scared swords say cool things once in a while!"

Caliburn (to Merlina) "You have some nerve trying to decide everyone's future like that!"

Sonic (to Merlina)  - "Maybe so but at least I can stop you from making a really big mistake!"

Sonic - "I'm confused. Didn't you summon me to save the world in the first place?"

Some from SA2

Sonic (to Eggman) - "Huh, just letting Knuckles pilot the shuttle on the way over here was more dangerous than you could ever be!" (This is a great comeback against Eggman. Love it!)

Shadow - "If you wanna live, leave the Chaos Emeralds where they are. The fake emerald is good enough for you!"

Knuckles - "I knew you were behind all this. Stop it right now, or else...!"

Eggman - "This time, I will take your lives as well as the Chaos Emeralds!" (I love how he simply waves at Sonic and co and threatens to kill them. A pretty cool entrance too.)

Rouge - "Look at you, throwing a tantrum like a little kid. How totally embarrasing!"

Shadow - "Even if my memories are not real, it's still me, Shadow. And I will fulfill my promise to Maria, that's the only thing that matters to me now."

Knuckles - "Yeah, we'll see about that, BAT GIRL!" (So much sass!)

Eggman - "You're pretty persistent for a hedgehog, aren't you! You're still alive, huh!"

Knuckles - "That's a good one, your emerald? Talking to you is a waste of time!"

Eggman - "Put the emerald down right there and back off!" (I love the way he says this in a very pissed and menacing tone)

Sonic - "You've turned into a big time villain, doctor!"

"What you see is what you get! Just a guy that loves adventure. I'm Sonic The Hedgehog!"

Some from Heroes

Knuckles- "Maybe that's the ghost of Shadow we saw earlier!"

"We have mushrooms on my island too. But not as huge as these ones" (Something like that. Can't remember 100% of it)

"The Egg Carier is nothing compared to this!"

"Shift, ROCK! YEAH!"

Sonic - "Marriage? NO WAY!"

Vector - "Yeah, sure made fools out of ourselves."

Charmy - "Nothing knew for youuuu Vector!" *with a mocking dance* (Again, the swipes made at Vector for having the tendancy of screwing up the tasks they do in general is funny)

Vector - "What? You were the first one to JUMP AT THE CHANCE!"

"Once we start the job, we finish the job! That's our policy! We're TEAM CHAOTIX!"

Amy - "Moustache Monkey!"

Vector - "There you are you moustache moron! He's the one, right?"

Omega - "You know about cloning. The original must exist somewhere" (Pretty much everything that Omega says in the game)

"Worthless consumer models!"

"Well, that's a load off my back!"

Knuckles - "Boy talk about cutting it close. Come on, tell me you weren't scared. If it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have had a chance"

Some from Shadow

Espio - "Don't listen to him, he's just trying to trick you. You've got to focus. Destroy him and let's get out of here!"

Omega - "Shadow, I hear you're engaged in some training. You know you'll never be stronger than me!"

Omega - "This is Eggman's secret base. I will defeat him and prove that I am the strongest!"

Rouge - "Omega, cut it out! Don't you have anything better to do?"

Omega - "Ohh..." (I found the interaction between Rouge and Omega hilarious. The way Omega boasts about his strength in comparison to Shadow is just too funny).

Shadow - "Goodbye forever. Shadow The Hedgehog."

Some from 06

Rouge - "Shadow. Even if you believe that everyone in the world will be against you, know that I'll always remain by your side. Remember that."

Shadow - "I will."

"Even if the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have!"

Sonic - "My, that's a pretty snazzy performance there!"

"Nothing starts until you take action"

Shadow - "I determine my own destiny!"

Eggman - "Wouldn't the door have been easier?"

"They're not dead....yet"

Silver - "This looks so beautiful!"

"I'll never give up! Let's go!"

Blaze - "You're still so naive...but I've always liked that about you."

Sonic - "The present day...the here and now that you've stolen...time to take it BACK!"

Shadow - "A super dimensional being? Ha! This might even become a fair fight!"

Sonic - "Alright, it's my turn! Let's have some fun Solaris!"

Some from Rivals 2

Eggman - "What are you talking about? Funny that I'm the first person blamed when something goes missing!"

Rouge - "Boy! Do I know what you mean, Doc."

Eggman - "What did you say?"

Rouge - "Ah...nevermind!"

Sonic - "Well look who it is, Knuckles and Rouge! You two on a date or something?"

Rouge - "Great job Knuckles, we got the emerald detector! Maybe you're not as useless as I thought!"

Knuckles - "Thanks a lot!"

Shadow - "Metal Sonic, which one of those Eggheads is that?  *silence* ....  "Come on! Not again!"

Rouge - "We had six Chaos Emeralds! Six! I've never had that many in my life! Now I won't get paid!"

Espio - "Unbelievable as it may seem, for some reason I trust you."

"Ability of the chameleon!"

Rouge - "Espio, these ears of mine aren't just for show you know."

"You never change, do you, Knuckles? Still, you were pretty dashing and daring this time around"

Knuckles (in response) - "Huh? You really think so? I mean, I don't think I was really all that, um..."

Some from SR

"Time may fly, but I'm even faster!"

"What's that all about...talk about close shaves. Maybe you know where I can get my quills sharpened too?"

"Well, I think I've had just about enough of this."

"Such great power can bring people either happiness or misfortune."

"And enough of that RAT stuff....seriously! I'm a hedgehog! HEDGE-HOG!" (I like how it's one of those moments where Sonic is really pissed off and is just close to losing it)

"Hehehe. Looks like my time limit is about up. Sorry. I don't mean to worry you....I'll be okay." (At this stage, Sonic's life is on the line and the flame on his chest is now close to being fully extinguished yet I really like how he still puts a brave face and continues to move foward for the benefit of others).

"I've been waiting to finish things with you for a long time!"

"You filthy rat! I'll shut that mouth of yours permanently!"

"We've got to stop him...Shahra!  Please, lend me...your....POWER!"

"If this is your world, then it's world that I don't want any part of!"

"HA! How's this for an introduction then?"

"I told you. I'm not a RAT! I'm a HEDGEHOG!"

Some from SU

"Well, this is new! Showing remorse, Eggman? If you played nice, I wouldn't have had to break all your toys!"

"I know girls who are better with a hammer than you! Well one anyway!" (Geninuely laughed when he said this at the end of the boss fight)

"Do I need a reason to wanna help out a friend?" (This cutscene is beautiful and really shows Sonic's caring side).

"Eggman, you're totally cracked!"

"Did any cute girls ask for your number? Just see what happens if you even think about it!"

Everything Orbot says in the game (Shame he becomes dull after this)

"J-Jeez Eggman, simmer down!"

"Stubborn little pin cushion! Give up and DIE ALREADY!"

"I'll be by you always. A part of the earth you tread"

Some from SC (These are very quoteworthy and they pretty much just entertain me in general. I think some of the interactions between certain characters are pretty funny)

Sonic - "Does Dexter know you're so worried about me?"

Amy - "Why are you so worried about Dexter? You'd...you'd think he was YOUR BOYFRIEND!"

Knuckles - "Wow..."

Rouge - "Moving on."

Shadow - "Don't expect me to join in with your group hugs and picnics"

Eggman - "Sh! Not so loud! I have an evil reuptation to uphold!"

Rouge - "I want to help, Big Blue. I hate to think of Omega out there alone, when he could be with us, blowing stuff up"

Amy - "But there's already a whole army of Marauders and robots! Even Sonic can't take on an army without backup!"

Sonic (in response) - "Hi, I'm Sonic. Have we met?"

Eggman - "We could send them home--wherever that is--without hurting them?"

Tails - "Right!"

"But will they suffer no injuries? Not even a little?"

Tails -  "You can do it, Eggman! Just try!"

Eggman - "Not even a little tiny bit?"

"Oh well, I tried. Let's go save Sonic. Agh! Ugh! I can't believe I just said that!"

Rouge - "Yeah, if we run into any all-day lollypops, we'll need her expertise!"

Amy - "No need to be so rude!"

Shadow - "No need to be so polite!"

Sonic (sarcastically) - "Be very careful next time, Timmy!"

Timothy - "Very funny."

Rouge (to Tails) - "Pretend I have no idea what you're talking about cutie, because I don't"

Eggman - "My city! What have they done to...Argh! Those Marauder fools! Don't they know they've invited the wrath of Doctor Eggman?!"

Amy (sarcastically) - "Oooooh, they're in trouble now."

Eggman - "Quiet, girl!!"

Knuckles - "You stole the Master Emerald! Maybe you forgot that the Master Emerald had a guardian!"

Rouge - "You always were into older women, eh, Knuckles?"

Eggman - "Blude Ridge Zone eh...y'know, once you've terrorized an area once or twice, it just isn't the same..."

Tails - "..."

Amy - "..."

Eggman - "...What?"

Omega - "ORANGE FOREST CREATURE HAS GONE MAD! RECOMMEND IMMEDIATE DESTRUCTION"

• Thumbs Up 1

"just let yourself cry.. as much as you need to"

X'D ahh..how cute..

read the edit XD

Edited by Drawloverlala
WATCH OUT YOU ARE GONNA CRASH!! AHHHH!!

I know most people hate the awesomeness that was Jaleel White as Sonic but my favourite from him would be "I'm waaaaaitiiiiing!" It portrayed Sonics attitude of the era perfectly while also causing a bit of a chuckle at times.

From the games... hmm... that's a hard one, there's so many good ones.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've always loved this particular quote, it stands out from the rest I think, because it's actually really motivational. At least in my eyes, anyway.

tumblr mzlexbq DLA1rcc6cuo1 r1 1280

• Thumbs Up 7