Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

This is great news.
So much opportunity for the dedicated fans to fuck around with the game code now. Bring us interesting insights to how the thing works.

That and its now open to a huge number of people who'd never have played the game. I hope the trend of releasing on steam continues to any future main series console Sonic games. Boom could also go on steam, but frankly I wouldn't care if it was. Again, the more technically minded fans may be the ones who are more interested with that.

Edited by Scar

Can't say I expected to see Lost World ported to Steam, but I'll probably pick it up sooner or later.

Hopefully after some mods make it play more like a traditional sonic game. I'd love to see some of the problems I had with it fixed up, in addition to the possibility of custom levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well at least now the people who were peeved about it being Wii U exclusive will finally have their chance to see what they've been missing. Good for them.

I guess it's a longshot to expect the DLC to be there (thats not NiGHTS).

Edited by Soniman

Well, that came out of... nowhere? I feel really strange seeing Lost World on Steam. I'm still gonna stick with Wii U version (when I finally buy the console) because of the physical copy, but I'm happy for others.

Well, this was unexpected. Now I have to check that will my computer be good enough to handle it. Thank god they are not charging 60€ for it.

I guess this means that Nintendo-contract is really over

Huh, definitely didn't see that coming.

I think it's good the game will potentially reach a wider audience because of this, but I'm happy with the Wii U version. I would like to see how modders use this engine with other characters, I think it has more potential than the boost engine.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo's exclusivity deal just gave them first dibs on three Sonic titles, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'd be exclusive to Nintendo systems forever. Lost World wasn't published by Nintendo, either, so it seems like it was more a matter of time than anything. Rise of Lyric and the previous Olympics game will never make the jump, though (SEGA probably wants to bury RoL and the latter uses Nintendo's IP and is published by them).

EDIT: I stand corrected, Lost World was published by Nintendo in Europe, but it seems like Lost World would be the most likely to move to other platforms as it's a mainline Sonic game.

Edited by Zaysho

I'm up for this. Probably won't get it right away since I'm saving up for other stuff and I have the game already, but I'll definitely keep an eye on whatever mods pop up (if any).

Though this makes me wonder if Colours'll end up on Steam too at some point. I mean, I don't see why not, if they can do this game.

I'm up for this. Probably won't get it right away since I'm saving up for other stuff and I have the game already, but I'll definitely keep an eye on whatever mods pop up (if any).

Though this makes me wonder if Colours'll end up on Steam too at some point. I mean, I don't see why not, if they can do this game.

Colors would be the best next step here, and considering the game had an option for pretty much every single controller available on the Wii, buttom mapping it won't be as much problematic as SLW probably is going to be.

Well, didn't see that coming. Good for those people who wanted to play the game but didn't had a WiiU. Now you don't have to buy that console, I suppose.

That's all I have to say.

I'm personally hoping this means a PS4/Xbox One release. I'm not the biggest fan of Lost World, but I just want a Sonic game on next gen consoles already.

Awww, yiss. This will make the wait for the anniversary game so much smoother. Or maybe it'll be the opposite, a lot of people were peeved about the game. Regardless, it'll be interesting!

Y'know, this game might actually be okay without the gamepad mechanics.

Maybe I'll watch some videos and consider picking it up.

Oh.

Cool! Definitely gonna pick it up soon. Can't wait to see all the cool mods like Shadow.

I'm personally hoping this means a PS4/Xbox One release. I'm not the biggest fan of Lost World, but I just want a Sonic game on next gen consoles already.

Then wait for an original one, not a port of a game that was received rather mediocrely :L

...well then...that definitely came from out of nowhere. Hope the modding community goes absolutely nuts with it.

Y'know, this game might actually be okay without the gamepad mechanics.

Maybe I'll watch some videos and consider picking it up.

Those were patched after sometime (don't know about the Rhythm Wisp though). But every other wisp can now be used with the control stick/buttons after the patch.

Waiting for a mod to make Tails not be a douchebag

That should be a selling point if a mod is ever made,

• Thumbs Up 1