Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

For those wondering about my PC Specs and my overall performance:

Graphics Card: GTX 770 2 GB (Capable of playing MGS V and maybe Witcher 3, can't run Arkham Knight without serious issues)

Processor: Intel i7-4790 (3.6 GHz)

RAM: 8 GB

The Steam page lists that the game best runs on Windows 7, Despite me running on Windows 8.1. Performance is in general perfectly fine for me except for the resolution issues. I'm able to get the game running at a solid 60fps (with all additional video-related options on), and I'm playing in Windowed mode at 1600X900 resolution

Edited by Kaze no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 1

For those wondering about my PC Specs and my overall performance:

Graphics Card: GTX 770 2 GB (Capable of playing MGS V and maybe Witcher 3, can't run Arkham Knight without serious issues)

Processor: Intel i7-4790 (3.6 GHz)

RAM: 8 GB

The Steam page lists that the game best runs on Windows 7, Despite me running on Windows 8.1. Performance is in general perfectly fine for me except for the resolution issues. I'm able to get the game running at a solid 60fps (with all additional video-related options on), and I'm playing in Windowed mode at 1600X900 resolution

Well, shit, I'd fully expect that being capable of running the Witcher 3 at Ultra at 900p, let alone Lost World. I think you more than absolutely slaughter this game with that kind of hardware.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, shit, I'd fully expect that being capable of running the Witcher 3 at Ultra at 900p, let alone Lost World. I think you more than absolutely slaughter this game with that kind of hardware.

Even with my old graphics card (GTX 560) I think the performance would roughly be the same haha

Hm, my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 M540 2.53GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5000 series (not sure which exactly, but I think 5600? something around there)

RAM: 4GB

I used to have Windows 7, and Sonic Generations ran fine at around 50fps. After upgrading to 10, it actually ran smoother at almost a constant 60. This is at 720p resolution though, with only V-Sync enabled. I imagine it could run Lost World fine, right? I probably won't be able to test it today since I still have some homework left to do, but I'll get to it within the week. 

Okay, little status report for Linux users.

Gentoo / GeForce GTX 650 / Intel Core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz / 4GB RAM / Wine Staging 1.7.51

Running the game with CSMT results in a black screen. Deactivating it will show the game, but black borders will flicker in the bottom third (the problem persists after turning everything off). On top of that it seems that the game tanks in the bottom 30s, although that might be related to the other problem.

fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_GetStatus (void) : stub
fixme:d3d_surface:wined3d_surface_blt Using fallback for cross-swapchain blit.
fixme:d3d_surface:surface_blt_special Implement hardware blit between two different swapchains
Edited by Patron Night

My laptop specs are the following:

CPU: Core i5-3230M 2,60GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 2,6GHz

RAM: 8GB

VA: Intel HD Graphics 4000, 1792MB of memory (I know this isn't the best graphic card, but the game's graphics are fucking crisp and smooth, the problem is with the framerate, it runs at around 40~45FPS in-game)

I think I might have to unlock the other cores of my CPU, Lost World is the only game I've installed on my laptop.

Hm, my specs are:

I used to have Windows 7, and Sonic Generations ran fine at around 50fps. After upgrading to 10, it actually ran smoother at almost a constant 60. This is at 720p resolution though, with only V-Sync enabled. I imagine it could run Lost World fine, right? I probably won't be able to test it today since I still have some homework left to do, but I'll get to it within the week. 

Seeing as you can run games like TF2, Skyrim and Blacklight: Retribution, you should be OK. There's no harm in trying, get a refund if it doesn't work.

I'm sorry if someone asked this before, but how do you unlock the circus mini-games? finished 3 worlds and haven't found one yet.

I'm sorry if someone asked this before, but how do you unlock the circus mini-games? finished 3 worlds and haven't found one yet.

They've been removed from the game and the animal requirements have been adjusted to compensate. It makes sense really, the circus tents are really meant for the touch controls of the gamepad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey everyone, I'm having some issues running this game and Sega's support is not being very helpful. When I start it, a Steam message shows up saying the game is starting, then it disappears and nothing happens. The process "slw.exe" seems to start in the Task Manager for half a second when said message appears, but nothing actually happens otherwise. No error message or anything.

My PC specs are as follows, it is capable of running Generations and All-Stars Racing Transformed smoothly: http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-probook-450-g1-15-6-core-i7-4702mq-windows-7-pro-64-bit-8-pro-downgrade-8-gb-ram-500-gb-hybrid-drive/specs/

OS is Windows 10.

Does anyone else get this issue as well?

Well, I've using all the 4 cores of my CPU, and the game still runs with a bit of slowdown. Tho, it was much more frequent in Windy Hill Act 1 and 2, while 3 and 4 run for the most part at almost 60FPS. Same to all the acts in Desert Ruins. Then again, playing at the lowest resolution (1024x768) with everything turned off :( I wish this game was a better optimized.

Overhall, I liked the controls, despite a few annoyances with the jump, like when you don't hold the run button, Sonic will make an incredibly shitty jump, and when you do hold the run button, he's kinda slipery when he lands. Neverthless, I'm really enjoying the game :)

Edit:

Well, so TimmiT from Retro said this:

Okay so if you happen to use an Optimus PC or laptop (one where you have a dedicated Nvidia GPU for games and an Intel GPU for less heavy stuff), it seems like you're basically fucked if you want to play this game. It has the same issue that Generations had where even if you tell it to use the Nvidia GPU, that it'll use the Intel GPU anyway.

For Generations there was a workaround where if you faked having a second display that uses the Nvidia GPU and extended the desktop to that, it'd still use the Nvidia GPU. However, that doesn't work for Lost World. So unless SEGA actually fixes it this time around or another workaround is found, you're gonna have to play the game with slowdown.

And that is my kind of laptop, derp. So, despite having the correct requirements, the game will always have slowdowns untill SEGA fix that. It's weird tho, my laptop do have one of these NVIDIA OPTIMUS, but that's the graphic adpater, right? I've even unlocked all the 4 cores of my i5, why is still laging a bit?

Edited by Jango

Bit late but nobody posted.

System Requirements
MINIMUM: 
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2x2.0GHz) or AMD equivalent 
Memory: 2 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 (512MB) / ATI Radeon HD 2900 (512MB) 
DirectX: Version 9.0c 
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space 
Sound Card: Sound: 9.0c compatible. 
Additional Notes: Memory: 2GB RAM (XP)/3GB RAM (Windows 7 / Vista)

RECOMMENDED: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.66 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.0 GHz 
Memory: 3 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1GB) / ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1GB) 
DirectX: Version 9.0c 
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space 
Sound Card: Sound: 9.0c compatible.

*only has Vista*

*laptop has Windows 10 but generally runs terribly*

Welp.

Well, I had to get the game to use NVIDIA processor, just like with Generations [it's set to auto-find, and it's a game. Of course I don't want integrated graphics!], but it's fine. No problems at all. Somehow the controls feel slightly more tightened, though that might just be from a more comfortable grip on the controller.

There's certainly a lot of positive user reviews on Steam for it, and then the minority who hate for hating sake. And one review - I had to laugh - said this game is trash and he'd much rather take 06 for a spin.Seems SEGA did do right by porting it to PC then. And I hope this positive reception means other games stand a chance of being ported.

I got it running at 1080p with everything on. If you're using a laptop, you NEED to go into the amd or nvidia control panel and set the application to use your actual GPU rather than the one that Intel tosses in with every motherboard.

PC Specs

Windows 10 x64

Nvidia GeForce 770M GTX

i7-4700MQ 2.4 GHz (Quad Core)

16 GB RAM

(This same laptop runs Phantom Pain on High Settings in 1080p with no hiccups either, so yeah, it's not exactly the greatest measure of general power, but this is really just to say the game does run on laptops, it's not that issue. It's also not a Windows 10 issue)

Edited by Conando
  • Thumbs Up 1

Played through Windy Hill and Desert Ruins, no performance issues here running at 2560x1440, other than the UI elements and the pre-rendered cutscenes being really quite blurry 😕

Oh rrrright, so I saw a work around that people done with Generations when they tried to play it on a laptop with the Optimus GPU, and I tried myself. You have to extend monitor or something like that, then the game might use the correct video adapter. Might, because unlike Generations, here you can't select which one you want. And yes, Sonic Lost World still doesn't seems to use the correct. So here's what I did: instead of extending my monitor, I've disabled the one that was using the wrong adapter. I also customized Lost World's settings, through the Nvidia Control Pannel and set everything Off. Then I re-run the game. And it fucking worked. Now I get 50~60FPS, which is much bearable. But I still have to disable the fucking grass. The fucking grass is killing my laptop!

Anyway, I still  don't know if this is the best way, maybe the monitor thing didn't worked, but the forced Nvidia customization did. If someone else could help, I'll be happy to listen!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

So uh, I can't seem to get the game to recognize my controller.

Anyone know what I can do? I'm not playing this with a keyboard.

Xbox or Generic PS2? It recognize my Generic PS2 on the spot, but I'm currently using my PS3 controller to play this. You always use this controller?

Edited by Jango

Sega only support xbox controllers (and PS3 as well? Not really sure) so a way to get around that is using a xbox controller emulator (Click this for a automatic download). You then put the exe in root folder of the game, click on the exe, and it will set up the controls for you and bam, done.

It does support the Generic PS2 controllers, but badly. I've installed a driver and I'm using a program to play with my PS3 controller (with the USB plugged), so yeah, is not natively supported.

Edited by Jango

I use a 360 PC controller, that's why it's weird. It worked for generations, too. Here, lemme prove i-

well..thumb.png.9174571fa5e31a0aa08fedb6

...oh.

Well isn't today going fucking swimmingly

I use a 360 PC controller, that's why it's weird. It worked for generations, too. Here, lemme prove i-

well..thumb.png.9174571fa5e31a0aa08fedb6

...oh.

Well isn't today going fucking swimmingly

What about Xbox One controllers? same result?

Also were in need of a thread title change, "Sonic Lost World PC General Discussion"?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't have an Xbone controller, on account of not having an Xbone.

Then again I don't have a 360 and that didn't stop me so whatever.

Point is, don't use Joytokey with this, it breaks everything