Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

From what I've seen of Lost World on PC, and what I've played of it (@Soni thank you once again), it seems to largely be the same, if not slightly worse than the Wii U version. The reason being is a lot of the minigames, which were a bit of fun, and honestly the real only easy way to get animals, which you need to unlock new levels has been removed entirely from the game (I honestly don't understand why they could just change it to use keyboard or controller controls, rather than touch but OK?). The Zelda/Yoshi levels are obviously removed, which is a shame because they're honestly two of the best levels in the game. Other than that, story's still the same shit, and it gets crappy after Zone 2.

But at least this theme is still good right?

• Thumbs Up 2

What I would really love is if they made the option to have it lock at 30 FPS without the glitches. I can't get past a stage using the code because the spring at the end of it doesn't work, so I had to played it at around 20 FPS with 60 FPS locked. Ugh -_-.

But the mods are pretty good so far, definitely interested to get into the meat of the game at some point and change stuff myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually hoping we get something like the Unleashed project, where they take levels from other Sonic games and then adapt them to the Unleashed style. I hate the experimentation style of Lost World, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing stuff like Speed Highway, or City Escape being ported to Lost World, and altered and changed to be more like Lost World, such as being able to use Parkour on the levels and walls for example. I think that'd be pretty awesome to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think that'll take awhile yet @Ryannumber1gamer.

I watched one of them changing around one of the stages involving the snowball to make it without the snowball. The program they were using is still a little glitchy with Lost World at the moment. But hopefully, it'll be all good soon!

I'd really love to see some type of Christmas themed thing for next month though.

I'd really love to see some type of Christmas themed thing for next month though.

latest?cb=20090421024625

• Thumbs Up 1

What I would really love is if they made the option to have it lock at 30 FPS without the glitches. I can't get past a stage using the code because the spring at the end of it doesn't work, so I had to played it at around 20 FPS with 60 FPS locked. Ugh -_-.

But the mods are pretty good so far, definitely interested to get into the meat of the game at some point and change stuff myself.

Yeah, I'm on the same boat. I was only able to play the game at full speed and biggest resolution through the beta mode and the code SEGA released. But lots of bugs are happening as I've described earlier. I really hope SEGA can fix that soon, because everything is telling me my laptop CAN handle this game just fine, the problem is with the locked framerate thing for some reason. Unless the port was build all around this (then we are fucked), I think it can be fixed/patched.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

What if we get a mod that tries to recreate the 3DS levels?

I know some level gimmicks would be impossible to replicate, but getting the majority of the content from the 3DS levels recreated with the HD version's engine would be amazing.

You'd have to cut like, every third act in half though. LW3DS has some seriously overlong and shitty level design

• Thumbs Up 2

Silent Forest Act 4 is literally a DKCR level. The layout, all the Tiki statues, the effect with silhouettes in the dark, everything! I almost forgot I was playing Sonic LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

Because I don't know nothing about PC gaming, I need some advise that can my PC run Lost World:

Specs:

Windows 10,

Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.00 GHz

Memory: 8 GT

My question is about the processor, is it good enough? I tried to use System Requirements Lab but it doesn't work with 10. My PC can run Generations quite well.

So I've got my controller working permanently now. How?...I dunno. Just works now. Also, I should note that moving Sonic himself slower can stop the glitches somewhat. Fucking around in tropical coast can make the butterflies reappear, and the springs activate better when you walk into them slower or homing attack them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because I don't know nothing about PC gaming, I need some advise that can my PC run Lost World:

Specs:

Windows 10,

My question is about the processor, is it good enough? I tried to use System Requirements Lab but it doesn't work with 10. My PC can run Generations quite well.

From what I've been hearing, people are having issues with AMD processors. A lot of SEGA games (from what I was told) have problems with them actually. But if you can run Generations, I don't see why you'd have an issue with Lost World. But then again Lost World is a horrendous port compared to Generations so... eh.. it's a little risky I'd say. From what you said, it should work though. Just not 100% guarantee. 

From what I've been hearing, people are having issues with AMD processors. A lot of SEGA games (from what I was told) have problems with them actually. But if you can run Generations, I don't see why you'd have an issue with Lost World. But then again Lost World is a horrendous port compared to Generations so... eh.. it's a little risky I'd say. From what you said, it should work though. Just not 100% guarantee. 

Thanks. If only there would be a demo. Well, thank god for steam refunds

Specs:

Windows 10,

To be frank, I'm amazed that it could do Generations well. I had a Phenom at 2.6ghz that would get slowdown at points. Generations is pretty CPU bound in my experience.

The chief concern I would have is the integrated graphics. I think it would have a hard time pushing anything past 1024x768.

I have had no experience with the Wii U version, but I recently brought the Steam version and I have to say...I'm kind of disappointed. Not only does the game have little in the way of a challenge (though what can you expect after games like Generations where you can get an S with your eyes closed), but it seems to be a very slow game. Not slow as in my computer can't handle it, but slow as in at full speed without any outside help (springs, panels and what not) Sonic almost feels like he's taking a slow jog through the levels. I guess this was done due to the cluttered level design and the parkour mechanic etc but it just doesn't feel like a Sonic game to me. It's not the lack of boost gameplay either, there's plenty of games without it where Sonic "feels" fast, but this one..it's like...a modern version of Sonic Labyrinth. Ugh.

• Thumbs Up 2

When I first played it, I didn't know you had to hold a button to get Sonic to run, so I was just casually strolling through the stages at first.

Alright, so Sega's patched it so some places don't need VPN in order to play it and that the missions are now on the directional pad. I really wish they'd get to fixing the glitches when unlocking the frame rate though, that would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

Look back a couple pages theirs already a way to unlock the frame rate.

That's what I use lol. But there are game breaking glitches that happen when you use it. That's what I want fixed.

That's what I use lol. But there are game breaking glitches that happen when you use it. That's what I want fixed.

Well that patch was in alpha, not sure if they have updated it since I hope they do due to the glitches it causes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that patch was in alpha, not sure if they have updated it since I hope they do due to the glitches it causes.

I played it the other day, that's how I know of the above things and I can confirm that the glitches are still there.

I played it the other day, that's how I know of the above things and I can confirm that the glitches are still there.

No the patch that was made by fans, have you checked to see if their was an update to it?

No the patch that was made by fans, have you checked to see if their was an update to it?

What patch by fans?