Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

Very surprising indeed! I already have it on Wii U but if the modding community takes this under its wing then I'll probably grab this version as well. 

Hopefully this could mean a Colours port is at least possible. If it is then I'd also take the idea of a 60FPS boost trilogy collection for current gen and PC.

EDIT: Oh, so it's only £20. That's actually a pretty good deal if the mods are there!

Edited by LiamTheAnimator
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually happy about this, as I quite liked Lost World and think it's somewhat underrated. Mod support or this game will be great too.

• Thumbs Up 1

So they port this garbage but not Sonic Colours?

I'm far more inclined to replay Lost World than Colors to be honest. Everything good about Colors is done better in Generations. Lost World is at least structurally different.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, with this, more people will get to hate Lost World after they actually play it.

After all, do you really expect the game to be different than it was on Wii U? Especially the shit-quality story.

You dream of the wrong things, young grasshopper.

You should dream of Sonic Team getting a new head honcho that doesn't let his ass hostage to executives, dream of Sonic Team replacing Pontac and Graff with DECENT WRITERS.

what

I mean, Lost World is a pretty good game, and I hope more people get the chance to play it.

but what

Well, with this, more people will get to hate Lost World after they actually play it.

After all, do you really expect the game to be different than it was on Wii U? Especially the shit-quality story.

The game is heavily divisive to say the least, it errs more on the side of "bad" as opposed to good, but it's reletively split. More people will both like it and hate it.

Was there even an official announcement about this, or did it just kinda show up on Steam?

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/651430467099578369

SEGA Europe tweeted about it... that's it, no blog post, no tweet from @SEGA or even @sonic_hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 1

You mean I bought a Wii U for nothing?

I mean, I didn't buy it JUST for Lost World, but like... whatever.  I really don't have anything against this, since the more Sonic games on Steam, the better, but like... it does seem like an odd decision, honestly.  Here's hoping it doesn't take a supercomputer to run it.

Edited by Spooky Scary Skeletaras

SLW coming to Steam? Well I guess that's cool. Although, I doubt they'll fix the poor controls which hampers the game.

Would be nice if this gets ported to PS4.......

Wonder if Sonic Boom Wii U will also get a Steam release?

Well, being fair, Lost World is one of the highlights on the Steam main page currently.

Here's hoping ti doesn't take a supercomputer to run it.

fx2ZagM.thumb.png.0262ba7467b15a1bf3c431

It's about average. Any computer bought/built this side of 2008 should be fine.

"Lost World is a good game"

That's not what the general flak it receives here on Stadium says.

And?

It's fine if people don't like it.  I think it's rather good, and I'm glad more will get to chance to play it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Knowing that Lost World was originally developed for the PC in mind this isn't too big of a surprise, but it's sure interesting!

I'll pick it up again, cuz I want some Sanic on my PC (even though I have it on Wii U :/), but definitely not Day One. I already have Transformed so the pre-order thing is kind of ehh to me. I'll get it when it's on sale, because I can seeing this being a great purchase at around $15.

Also it is not Full Steam Functionality to me if there ain't no trading cards and badges ayyyy

Edited by Mae

Lost World for me was really close to being something I liked, but I had a lot of small issues with the game that made it frustrating to play through.

For example, the fact that momentum doesn't carry well. Actually, the controls and how Sonic handles needs tweaking in general.

and for the love of god, please never put stealth levels in sonic games

fx2ZagM.thumb.png.0262ba7467b15a1bf3c431

It's about average. Any computer bought/built this side of 2008 should be fine.

The minimum requirements for Generations also looks pretty "average" (I think) but it still continues to lag and stutter no matter how good my PC gets.

Yeah this is cool. I guess they figured they might as well port the last main game to another system since there's nothing else going on with the mainline series. I'll probably stick with the Wii U version unless a crazy good sale happens later on, which will happen

The minimum requirements for Generations also looks pretty "average" (I think) but it still continues to lag and stutter no matter how good my PC gets.

Yeah, maaaaaaaaaaybe you will have an issue then

Generations does require a ridiculously good setup to run perfectly though. It's considered something of a benchmark game; if your PC can handle it, then it can probably handle just about anything else.