Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

This is good. Anybody knows if this will be available on macs? Anyways I want to know how the dang game will actually control like without the gamepad. As much as I like lost world and the gamepad I feel as if the game was awkward to control at times and would of been better if you had the option to use the pro controller.

The requirement thing versus the real optimization quality of the game. The perfect argument against PC-ists. Or one of them.

There is already a big improvement in the PC-version over WiiU, pre-order bonus is much better. But I still will not pre-order it because 1. fuck pre-orders 2. I already have All-stars racing transformed.

It also seems that my computer is good enough for  Lost World, at least game isn't that much more demanding than Generations which runs mostly fine in my PC. But interested to see that would SEGA finally put those mobile remakes of Sonic 1 and 2 on consoles and PC now that they have put things other places than Nintendo systems.

The requirement thing versus the real optimization quality of the game. The perfect argument against PC-ists. Or one of them.

I think this is a topic worth debating as it may be possible that the port could end up being unoptimized to a maximum degree, but it's hard to discuss it when we haven't seen the PC version in action yet

• Thumbs Up 1

oh man this is good

I'm fucking hype

Wait. You're saying you're hyped for an once overhyped game that actually reignited the entire Sonic Cycle?

Wait. You're saying you're hyped for an once overhyped game that actually reignited the entire Sonic Cycle?

Lest we forget, people can't like Sonic Lost World anymore seemingly.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sure, I'm hyped for a game I actually really liked and can't play often since I don't own a Wii U.

EDIT: Also I think you need a refresher on the Sonic Cycle, m8

Edited by The KKM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually think that if a Sonic game had to be played with a keyboard, this would be the best one. The camera is fixed the whole time and as such this would be the best game to play with a WASD set-up. I'll probably still play with a controller since I'm not too sure how they'll map all the buttons comfortably though

Generations does require a ridiculously good setup to run perfectly though. It's considered something of a benchmark game; if your PC can handle it, then it can probably handle just about anything else.

Yeah, that's mainly what I was getting at with my own post.  The minimum specs listed on Steam don't look too bad, but as far as I'm concerned that just refers to the minimum specs required for the game to not just completely shut down on you during the start screen, not rather or not it will actually run with minimal lag.

Prepare for regret, man. You'll surely come saying that I have warned you and you ignored it.

Porque não ides brincar ao velho do restelo para outro sítio, jovem? Já joguei o jogo e gostei, o que te interessa?

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, this port was planned awhile ago if you look under the 'Packages' section on SteamDB page. 11 months ago last updated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, God, please - do not let that be a sign that the anniversary game is the same as this! Please - do not, DO NOT !!!!

It's not a sign of anything other than sega wanting to make a little extra cash

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow, this port was planned awhile ago if you look under the 'Packages' section on SteamDB page. 11 months ago last updated.

Pretty interesting that no one caught onto it, probably made their packages a bit more private.

Well, that was unexpected. And I mean, like, really unexpected.

If this is a sign for anything, I hope it means that Sega's gonna keep PC releases for Sonic games as a high priority. Might help keep me from having to buy a PS4/Xbone if they can manage it, lol. Also hype for model/animation ripping becoming easier than ever.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, God, please - do not let that be a sign that the anniversary game is the same as this! Please - do not, DO NOT !!!!

DhgmHnm.png

Unless Sonic 1 was magically released in 1990 and now 1991, I somehow don't think so.

Because God forbid, somebody actually likes something that you don't? Opinions, people have 'em.

You know what, despite its glaring flaws and mixed reception, I liked Lost World. It tried to do something different and I found the core gameplay to be enjoyable. The level design and story later on in the game hurt it but other than that it was still a solid 7/10 in my book.

I liked Lost World enough as well.  I mean, I get why it's generally looked down upon (though when it comes to people saying it's as bad as or worse than '06, then I scratch my head a little), because the level design and controls are a little bit unintuitive to say the least.  But they're not so bad that it's completely miserable.  At its best, SLW is a decently fun game, and at its worst, it's just boring.  The main problem, I think, with Lost World tend to be its idea of progression.  That is, the artificial lengthening of the game by forcing you to repeat stages to collect animals in order to progress, and the way that the DLC stages actually disappear after you've played them as a means of forcing you to repeat stages again.

So really, aside from the repetition, nothing in SLW really frustrated me aside from the story hiccups.  Even then, I kind of just didn't care quite as much as others do.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well this... came out of nowhere. There's so many other Sonic games that haven't been ported to Steam yet that this feels really odd. I guess they must be wanting to make Lost World relevant to the wider lore after all?

While I'm here, I know it'll never happen but...

A small part of me wishes this means Rise of Lyric would get a non-broken PC version release. Dunno how far along in development Rise of Lyric was before the forced conversion to Wii U, though...

Prepare for regret, man. You'll surely come saying that I have warned you and you ignored it.

I don't know if presenting someone's personal tastes and preferences as objectively wrong is going to really help the discussion.

If a person likes Lost World despite all its flaws, more power to them. No reason to paint it as if they're wrong.

Porque não ides brincar ao velho do restelo para outro sítio, jovem? Já joguei o jogo e gostei, o que te interessa?

It's no secret you're fluent in English, so this isn't really acceptable on your part.

Doubly so given I don't think calling someone a "young man," youngster, what have you is going to set a good tone, even if you typed this out in English. Especially when (assuming you both have accurate birthdays on your profile) the person it's directed at is older than you.

Let's avoid posts like this in the future, please.

• Thumbs Up 1

Then wait for an original one, not a port of a game that was received rather mediocrely :L

not sure why it's unreasonable for him to want LW on other consoles since it's coming to PC of all things. Plus, more people could enjoy it.

Plus, why can't we get both? Yeah... :/ 

Edited by Michael Munroe

It's probably hard coded, but at least now I can hope that someone can mess with Sonic's accel in that game and at least make the movement less jerky. It'd be a huge improvement to me if they could fix just that.

Plus this is gonna be so much better being able to put the Spin Dash on the X button instead of the trigger. Aww yeah.

• Thumbs Up 2