Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

If this is anything like Sonic Generations, I'm expecting an endless sea of mods by the time the re-release has been out for a year. I'll expect someone's going to remake the leaked Sonic X-treme levels using this game's engine. Ha, that would be awesome if someone did that.

This also gives me one less reason to get a Wii U. My PC should be good enough to play this at decent settings.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm. Is WiiU exclusive contract done?????.

Yes. It was only a three game deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, if Generations can run smoothly on my gpu, which has 1/4 of the benchmark score the recommended gpu has, on windowed mode(dxwnd) with AA, then this game should easily be able to run on it, provided I can window it. Low resolution on a large monitor looks hideous, even with AA. It's also quite obvious that Lost World doesn't take nearly as much graphical power to run it as Generations. 

Anyway, I'm not really into gaming as of late save a few games, but I'll be sure to pick this up when it's released. I always wanted to play Lost World and now I no longer need a Wii U to play it. Looks like I may end up getting a different console after all. :)

I've got it on Wii U, and my Mac'd never be able to play it (even it it were on Mac as well XD)
I'm looking forward to seeing people's mods of the game. If you can't (which is most likely the case) get the Nintendo DLC, I'm sure people'd mod it in.

Edited by SuperAj3

YOOOOO WHAT THE FUCK, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?! MOOOOOOOODS! FUCK YES!

More like 100000 shitty levels with no lighting, 50555555 reskins, and 1 genuinely good physics mod.

It's really great to see this, honestly. Not only did it give me a reason to get ASRT, but now all my Sonic is on my PC and 3DS...because I don't count RoL as a Sonic game.

Odd that this didn't get a wider announcement, but if this means it'll be easier to port SLW's models and animations into Generations then I'm all for it.

Please let one of these potential releases be Jet Set Radio Future. PLEASE SEGA. FOR ONCE GIVE ME A REASON TO THROW MONEY AT YOU.

FUCKING SECONDED

• Thumbs Up 1

...They should absolutely re-release Rise of Lyric as well, thinking on it. The fans went nuts with Generations, doing all the DLC SEGA decided not to cash in on. Dare I say it, maybe fan mods could actually make the game fairly enjoyable. Doubly so if SEGA puts in the leg work to make sure the graphics are those of the original build. It would still be combat heavy but... it'd be interesting to see how far along the game was graphically before the port was dropped on them.

Back to Lost World, we will finally test out how much of the failure was the game, and how much was the platform.

Given the godsend of Steam sales, I'm willing to wager a lot of it was the platform.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think rereleasing Sonic Boom would be seen as a bad move, honestly. Nobody would stop bitching no matter how much they changed it, really

I'm far more inclined to replay Lost World than Colors to be honest. Everything good about Colors is done better in Generations. Lost World is at least structurally different.

I don't see Generations relevance to the discussion. Colors and Generations are entirely different games outside of shared elements in the core gameplay. They are entirely different experiences. Generations isn't an upgraded Colors. Generations doesn't make a Colors port somehow redundant.

This game was one of the tipping points for me to get a Wii U.

This announcement really came outta nowhere, and so I approve!

But I won't get this at launch. Maybe during Christmastime I'll get it.

Since there obviously won't be any touch pad support for PC, I have to wonder if Sega is even going to bother updating the Wii U version so that it's compatible with the console's pro controller by including the same alterations they made specifically for this port.

They probably won't.

...They should absolutely re-release Rise of Lyric as well, thinking on it. The fans went nuts with Generations, doing all the DLC SEGA decided not to cash in on. Dare I say it, maybe fan mods could actually make the game fairly enjoyable. Doubly so if SEGA puts in the leg work to make sure the graphics are those of the original build. It would still be combat heavy but... it'd be interesting to see how far along the game was graphically before the port was dropped on them.

Back to Lost World, we will finally test out how much of the failure was the game, and how much was the platform.

Given the godsend of Steam sales, I'm willing to wager a lot of it was the platform.

Even if Rise of Lyric didn't have it's negative rep, it'll still be hard to sell Rise of Lyric PC because :

1.It's a CryEngine 3 game, and CryEngine has had a long reputation of requiring 2 Titans to run even remotely decently

2. It's a 3D platformer which means that it requires a gamepad.

Just like I did with the Wii U, I'll be buying it day one. The modding potential alone is a huge incentive, that and despite it's problems, I do really like Lost World.

2. It's a 3D platformer which means that it requires a gamepad.

Oh, yeah. I heard that a player could drive a submarine using Wii U Gamepad's gyro sensor only in RofL, right?

Oh, yeah. I heard that a player could drive a submarine using Wii U Gamepad's gyro sensor only in RofL, right?

That moment when you realize that Sly Cooper did it right. Drive with one stick, shoot with the other. :P

...I mean sure it takes a while getting used to but hey, I don't think it'd be that hard to adapt sections like that.

With BRB's implosion though I don't think it'd happen. Never mind I don't think the game was even fully complete before it had to be shifted to Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can also use a stick instead of the gyro sensor to drive that? I haven't watch RofL's playthroughs before...

It can't make sense if RofL is playable on Steam.

Edited by Halloween Jovega
Forgot to say "can't" instead of "can".

No..? That part of the game never required you to do that? The gyro sensor was never used in the game, period.

I could see Boom being ported to PC I guess, but unless the devs actually come back to add in the unfinished content to the story and stages, I don't think it'll ever be 100% completed, not to mention who would even bother modding the game at this point.

This seemed like a matter of time thing, since PC generally isn't involved when it comes to console exclusive deals (it's not like Nintendo published LW worldwide and paid for it, unlike Bayo 2). Consider me mildly interested right now, since I actually did like Lost World. Mods will probably do some convincing, though.

Edited by Conando