Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

Generations got some really cool mods so I'm excited to see what the community does with Lost World. I actually quite liked how the first level of each world plays so if we get more community levels like that it would be pretty cool.

Since there obviously won't be any touch pad support for PC, I have to wonder if Sega is even going to bother updating the Wii U version so that it's compatible with the console's pro controller by including the same alterations they made specifically for this port.

They probably won't.

I thought about that too and yes, they probably won't. ;(

I wonder what happens to the vehicle coop mode and race mode in the PC version. I guess they are scrapped?

Since there obviously won't be any touch pad support for PC, I have to wonder if Sega is even going to bother updating the Wii U version so that it's compatible with the console's pro controller by including the same alterations they made specifically for this port.

They probably won't.

The game on Wii U already requires no Gamepad controls, it can be played with just the sticks and buttons, idk about them patching in Pro Controller support though.

I thought about that too and yes, they probably won't. ;(

I wonder what happens to the vehicle coop mode and race mode in the PC version. I guess they are scrapped?

well the steam page already says its single player, so I think it's a safe assumption that race mode and the vehicle stuff is removed, or heavily altered.

The game on Wii U already requires no Gamepad controls, it can be played with just the sticks and buttons, idk about them patching in Pro Controller support though.

I think you you need to tap on the GamePad screen for the pink (?) wisp.

I think the Rhythm Wisp will be transformed into a quick time event sorta thing... Which probably will make it the worst wisp for me :/

oh wait. I can't buy this game because of Steam region lock :(. Not cool Sega....

Get someone on Steam to gift it to you and pay them, that's an option.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately, Steam gifts are also region locked. This was done recently as a method to stop (EDIT: Not scammers) users from exploiting localized pricing (for example, Sonic Lost World is a lot less in US dollars in other Regions, due to converted currency. If no region lock was in place, then I could buy it from the region that has the cheapest price and possibly even try to resell it to others or simply enjoy the game at the low price), but I have a feeling it's done more damage than good.

Edited by Mae

Weird how PC Gamer doesn't mention this game at all, they usually report ports of high-profile games, and even though they're super late at news it's not like they hate Sonic or anything.

Unfortunately, Steam gifts are also region locked. This was done recently as a method to stop (EDIT: Not scammers) users from exploiting localized pricing (for example, Sonic Lost World is a lot less in US dollars in other Regions, due to converted currency. If no region lock was in place, then I could buy it from the region that has the cheapest price and possibly even try to resell it to others or simply enjoy the game at the low price), but I have a feeling it's done more damage than good.

How recently? I feel like this time last year it was okay to do

So, uh, this came out of nowhere, but I'm pretty worried considering the developer is listed as Sonic Team. Remember, Generations was ported by Devil's Details, so this is ST's first PC port. It.....might not be good. I'm optimistic, especially since I would have an excuse to rebuy and play LW with a new control style, but still.

Sonic Team is turning into a PC company like the others, today making ports, tommorow exclusives, next week... who knows ?

Edited by NoirSuede

Precisely, Sega doesn't allowed to "Launch" game in our country :(

It seems likely to me that the port is handled by SEGA Europe. They're the ones talking about it being the latest in a string of PC ports in the press release, and they did last year's Valkyria Chronicles PC port. Them handling it would also be a very good thing: http://www.pcgamer.com/valkyria-chronicles-pc-port-analysis-durantes-verdict/

Edited by TimmiT

It seems likely to me that the port is handled by SEGA Europe. They're the ones talking about it being the latest in a string of PC ports in the press release, and they did last year's Valkyria Chronicles PC port. Them handling it would also be a very good thing: http://www.pcgamer.com/valkyria-chronicles-pc-port-analysis-durantes-verdict/

If literally the only issues are pre-renders looking like the console (Wii U) version and controls being mapped for buttons. This is gonna be a good port.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Team is turning into a PC company like the others, today making ports, tommorow exclusives, next week... who knows ?

Iizuka has already said that Sonic won't be going anywhere in regard to consoles. It's just that SEGA are more committed to PC now than before. 

So should i get thin on pc or wii u?

Depends on how much you care about the Nintendo DLC. The only way that's getting into the PC version is through modding.

Speaking of modding... I do hope it'll be easy to do, so that this version will become worth getting just for that purpose. You never know if they're gonna hardcode things more or use different file formats/packages to make things harder to modify. I kinda wanna wait to see how good this port is in general and see how easily modifiable it is before I actually get it.

Idunno, PC is probably the better since you can get mod support but you can't really go wrong either way. The Wii U version does have some free DLC you can get, though.

The Wii U version is here now, it has the co-op stuff and racing and has the inevitably exclusive Nintendo DLC levels.

The Steam version is still a few weeks out, you'll be able to use a more standard style of controller and there's the potential of loads of extra content if the modding community takes interest. Plus there's the cheaper price and free Racing Transformed bonus.

If your PC can handle it I'd say get the Steam version personally unless you really want the Nintendo levels. 

PC assuming your computer's up to the task AND you have a gamepad, otherwise WiiU

Well, i dont really likemods, but... does this game require more or less than generations?

Probably less. Sonic Team made the game less graphically intensive than Generations so that it could run at 60fps on Wii U, and if SEGA Europe is doing the port it's likely that it'll be better optimized than the Generations PC port. Of course we won't know for sure until the game is actually out though.

Edited by TimmiT