Awoo.

Sonic Lost World heading to Steam (2 November)

Carbo

This is really random. I love Lost World and I'm glad its coming to PC but why so late and after the mixed but mostly negative reception?

PC assuming your computer's up to the task AND you have a gamepad, otherwise WiiU

Assuming? As long as you got an Intel processor and a GPU made in the past 7 years, you can easily run Generations without any problem, Generations requires next to nothing to run. Lost World is going to be even less demanding considering how much they had to gut out of the hedgehog engine to run at 1080p60fps on the Wii U.

Looking at the UI, i bet that they'll try to make the mouse relevant by making us click the wisp logo to turn into a wisp.

On a side note, I REALLY REALLY hope this means that we'll see a PC port of Sonic Unleashed. And possibly Colors too, but mostly Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 3

Looking at the UI, i bet that they'll try to make the mouse relevant by making us click the wisp logo to turn into a wisp.

It will most definitely be mapped to a button/key, that would be embarrassingly bad game design, even for Sonic Team.

Well, i dont really likemods, but... does this game require more or less than generations?

Well if you don't like mods,  then unless you don't have a Wii U, you're probably best off just getting the Wii U version. If the PC version responds to specs akin to how Generations on the PC does,  you're going to need a top-notch pc to run that game as good as the console version,  let alone, even better.

Edited by Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Well if you don't like mods,  then unless you don't have a Wii U, you're probably best off just getting the Wii U version. If the PC version responds to specs akin to how Generations on the PC,  you're going to need a top-notch pc to run that game as good as the console version,  let alone, even better.

Why are people acting like this is Crysis? Generations takes NOTHING to run. I mean, good Lord people, this is literally a game using the crudest geometry possible on a thoroughly gutted version of the Hedgehog engine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are people acting like this is Crysis? Generations takes NOTHING to run. I mean, good Lord people, this is literally a game using the crudest geometry possible on a thoroughly gutted version of the Hedgehog engine.

Generations is somewhat taxing to run if you straight up bought (not built) a PC pre-2011.

Generations is optimised like shit. I can run GTA V on nearly max settings at a pretty smooth 60fps, but Generations tanks through Chemical Plant for half the stage and stutters elsewhere,

SEGA Europe gives me hope though, apparently Valkyria was a great port.

• Thumbs Up 1

Generations is somewhat taxing to run if you straight up bought (not built) a PC pre-2011.

Yeah, I can imagine a crappy 5 year old pre-build WOULD have trouble running Generations. Then again, I would also imagine it would have a hard time running Runescape.

Generations is VERY iffy with its optimisation. It actually does take a reasonably decent PC to get it running at a level you'd want from a PC version. 

Generations is VERY iffy with its optimisation. It actually does take a reasonably decent PC to get it running at a level you'd want from a PC version. 

The worst I've ever experienced was slowdown during the skyscraper sequence on Speed Highway modern. And I blame that on the slow phenom I had at the time. And this was 5 years ago on a crappy pre-built (Phenom II X4@2.6ghz, GTS 450). Otherwise, the game ran just fine other than stuttering in the explosion heavy parts of Chemical Plant. Game was made to be ran on consoles that are, as of now, approaching 10 years old, just about ANY hardware you pick up now will overpower it by a mile, and I don't see Lost World being any different. In fact, I fully expect Lost World to run on integrated graphics in ULV cpus.

How recently? I feel like this time last year it was okay to do

Changes to this began December 17th, and additional locks were placed later this year.

http://kotaku.com/you-cant-gift-steam-games-wherever-you-want-anymore-1672525767

http://www.pcgamer.com/new-regional-restrictions-on-steam-gifts-come-to-light/

The worst I've ever experienced was slowdown during the skyscraper sequence on Speed Highway modern. And I blame that on the slow phenom I had at the time. And this was 5 years ago on a crappy pre-built (Phenom II X4@2.6ghz, GTS 450). Otherwise, the game ran just fine other than stuttering in the explosion heavy parts of Chemical Plant. Game was made to be ran on consoles that are, as of now, approaching 10 years old, just about ANY hardware you pick up now will overpower it by a mile, and I don't see Lost World being any different. In fact, I fully expect Lost World to run on integrated graphics in ULV cpus.

The fact remains that even with a newer pc,  you'll still run into the optimization problems with Generations unless your PC has  crazy high (for the present time  being) specs on your PC.

Lesson to be learned,  especially in the wake of fiascos like Arkham Knight PC, Ubisoft's PS4 Tetris(assuming  that was a port and not just a fresh mess) , and a great deal of PC ports to this day: Port optimization quality  dictates a lot in how well as game will run even if it is being ported to a more powerful device. 

Edited by Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Sweet, I might be able to play this game afterall.  I can already imagine the mods to this game. Sweet

Looking forward to more PC ports.

Generations was definitely a poorly optimised game.  My old PC could run every other multi-platform game I owned (Left 4 Dead, BioShock Infinite, Mirror's Edge, etc) at perfectly playable quality on medium or above graphics, while Generations would only run at a stable framerate on lowest settings at 640x480 resolution, and even then I got the thing where the cut-scene audio went out of sync.  Even Sonic Adventure 2 ran poorly, having random moments of dog-slow performance in certain sections and that game had graphics from the Generation before the current one.

It's perfectly natural for people to be wary of whether this game will run properly on a non-high end PC.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2015/10/sega-to-port-more-of-their-past-games-to-pc-in-the-coming-months-and-years/

No mention of this gem that's in the official announcement?

SEGA seems to have plans to bring a lot of titles to PC in the coming months and years.

Colors and Unleashed, please! Like... really please.

Now of course there's the widespread optimism that they'll do it for non-Sonic titles but let's be realistic here.

• Thumbs Up 4

It will most definitely be mapped to a button/key, that would be embarrassingly bad game design, even for Sonic Team.

Although to be honest the only way KB+M can be even remotely viable in this game is if the mouse lets you Homing Attack/Kick enemies by clicking on them with Left Mouse Button/Right Mouse Button.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wish SEGA could bring to PC games like Segaga for example. Here's hoping for the most wanted, both Shenmue and Skies.

Although to be honest the only way KB+M can be even remotely viable in this game is if the mouse lets you Homing Attack/Kick enemies by clicking on them with Left Mouse Button/Right Mouse Button.

Sega, please do this just for shits and giggles

Honestly, I'm also one of the those people who didn't see that coming. But anyway, can't wait to see the mods of this game after comes out, it's gonna be sweet. :D

Edited by Omega Pipe
Adding some texts