Awoo.

Do you think Sally should have been/should be killed off?

Miko

• Sonic News

And Tails actually easily had the best episodes in Adventures, to boot.

Despite popular belief, it aint all bad.

Eh, AoStH is by far my favourite, exactly because of the awesome Sonic and Tails dynamic, and the focus that Tails got. But I can still appreciate SatAM for its good points, even if the Sonic and Tails dynamic and screentime is missing.

Eh, AoStH is by far my favourite, exactly because of the awesome Sonic and Tails dynamic, and the focus that Tails got. But I can still appreciate SatAM for its good points, even if the Sonic and Tails dynamic and screentime is missing.

Well, Sonic and Tails did get their own secret jacuzzi in SatAM. ;)

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

• Sonic News

The dynamic did get a focus on the one of the last episodes. A shame season 3 was never made, as the dynamic was going to be taken even further.

In all honesty I don't understand why, of all people, Sonic was paired with Sally simply because of SatAM. In my opinion Archie has some kind of vendetta against Sega's characters making them secondary to the plot. Sonic has been paired with every girl under the sun, Sally, Mina, Fiona yet never Amy, the one girl who has been following him almost as long as the series has been running.

And as redmenace said, Sally has to be mentioned in every comic even if she doesn't make an appearence in it. She's overused way too much and they should just rename it Sonic the hedgehog and Sally because the majority of the time that's all it's about. I wouldn't mind her if they didn't ram her into every single one but she does seem to pop up all over the place.

I'm glad he wasn't paired with Amy. That would have just been weird, if the comic did that when the game hasn't gone there. The games leave the SonAmy pairing deliberately ambiguous. So it's better that in the comic's canon he's paired with characters who aren't Amy, so that the SonAmy pairing isn't confirmed in any canon that could mess up the ambiguity of the pairing in the central (games) canon.

That's a good point. Although I still thinks its weird how they decided to put so much energy into having storylines revolve around Sonic and his many GFs. If they have time for that then they have time for him to be more chummy with Tails and co. I guess I'd like more friendship than romance.

The dynamic did get a focus on the one of the last episodes. A shame season 3 was never made, as the dynamic was going to be taken even further.

What's really a shame was that they thought it was ok to wait until season 3 in the first place. That kind of initiative should've been present in season 1.

In all honesty I don't understand why, of all people, Sonic was paired with Sally simply because of SatAM.

I agree since a lot of the forementioned problems in Archie's SonSal relationship were also visible SatAM's SonSal relationship and if anything were even WORSE there.

In my opinion Archie has some kind of vendetta against Sega's characters making them secondary to the plot.

Well if you go to Ken's Ian actually did say stuff about relationships.

3) There is no official line on that, no, but Sonic is technically barred from having a steady romantic relationship with anyone. The only one explicitly barred is Amy Rose and that's part of the SegaSonic dynamic between the characters. It has been heavily implied from there to keep the blue blur single. I'm sure there's work-arounds for that, though. "

So it's better that in the comic's canon he's paired with characters who aren't Amy, so that the SonAmy pairing isn't confirmed in any canon that could mess up the ambiguity of the pairing in the central (games) canon.

Course that ambiguity's messed around with when Sonic flirts with Sally and doesn't do crap with Amy.

Edited by Miko

Well, the thing with Amy is basically the reverse of what happened in Fleetway. In Fleetway's comic, Sally was a minor character who was rarely seen, while Amy became the female lead.

So, we've basically got Sally and Amy's roles reversed in Archie. Though, to be fair, Amy doesn't have it as bad as Sally did in Sonic the Comic...She still shows up semi-regularly, has been shown to be a competent fighter, and is still shown to be part of Sonic's inner circle of friends(I'm mainly thinking of the scene in 200 where she and Tails mirror each other by first cheering Sonic on, and than both simultaneously noticing that something is wrong with Sonic.) . She still takes a back seat to Sally and Tails, and I suppose whether that's a good thing is highly debatable, but she hasn't gone completely unacknowledged like Fleetway Sally eventually did.

Course that ambiguity's messed around with when Sonic flirts with Sally and doesn't do crap with Amy.

No it's not, because Sally isn't in the games. Therefore she can't be used as proof against SonAmy in the games. But it could plant a seed of argument for it being game canon if Sonic were with Amy in the comics, because she exists in both.

You said yourself that Amy is explicitely off-limits because of Game Sonic not being specifically paired with her. Non-game characters can't pose a threat to interpretations of game canon, but a character who is in both can.

I kinda doubt that Sonic and Sally will be together anytime soon, anyway. Ian's run(Bar the "in the future" issues) seems to emphasize Sonic and Sal building up their friendship again over getting together romantically.

No it's not, because Sally isn't in the games. Therefore she can't be used as proof against SonAmy in the games. But it could plant a seed of argument for it being game canon if Sonic were with Amy in the comics, because she exists in both.

Its just as possible for people to use the comic canon to assume Sonic doesn't like Amy because, even though Sally isn't in the games, people can assume Sally is his type of girl and hence why he won't date Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its just as possible for people to use the comic canon to assume Sonic doesn't like Amy because, even though Sally isn't in the games, people can assume Sally is his type of girl and hence why he won't date Amy.

The comic is still too different from the games to make many useful comparisons between them. It's still heavily rooted in the DIC cartoons, despite the game elements.

And the games have made at least some strides in making Amy seem more Sonic's "type." Amy was treated as a rather calm, mature character in Unleashed(While still keeping the chasing gag), Chronicles allowed the player the option of gradually building a relationship between Sonic and Amy through subtle, emotional dialogue, and Black Knight implied that Sonic may have willingly agreed to go on a date with Amy, even if he may have forgotten it or was late to it.

I for one think it would be very disturbing if Sonic would start dating Amy i the comics, considering the comic version of Amy is in fact still only 8 years old. She might have magically aged herself up physically, but she has still born only about 8 years ago (at most 9 or 10) and, more importantly, she is mentally that young. So yeah, i dont think 16 year old Sonic should date an 8 year old, even if it is one with an hourglass figure.

I for one think it would be very disturbing if Sonic would start dating Amy i the comics, considering the comic version of Amy is in fact still only 8 years old. She might have magically aged herself up physically, but she has still born only about 8 years ago (at most 9 or 10) and, more importantly, she is mentally that young. So yeah, i dont think 16 year old Sonic should date an 8 year old, even if it is one with an hourglass figure.

I dunno, she seemed to act more mature than 8 years old in the whole Scourge arc. Then again, Tails ages naturally and acts more mature than he looks, so I'm not really sure how to accurately gauge mental age in Archie.

I think the aging up was meant to put her on a par mentally with the age she became... after all, that was kind of the point. To match her with the game canon Amy. Would be kinda silly to age her up otherwise; she could have just changed her appearance.

Come to think of it, I remember Amy, in her original form, being less aggressive in her affections for Sonic. The old Amy, if I recall correctly, just had a Tails-esque "Wow, you're so great, Sonic!" attitude, while hoping she could marry him one day. She seems to have been updated to the modern games' notion of her character, that is, believing that she and Sonic are fated lovers and that(In her current mindset at least) she will never stop trying to win his heart.

I think the aging up was meant to put her on a par mentally with the age she became... after all, that was kind of the point. To match her with the game canon Amy. Would be kinda silly to age her up otherwise; she could have just changed her appearance.

But i remember very clearly that in the issue where Amy officially becomes a freedom fighter, Sally mentioned that although Amy were able to age herself up physically, she was still "very young" mentally.

I for one think it would be very disturbing if Sonic would start dating Amy i the comics, considering the comic version of Amy is in fact still only 8 years old.

No, comic canon established Amy to be about the same age as Tails. Which meant she could've been a year older or a year younger without her or Tails completing the full cycle of her birthday at that point. Tails has gone on record to say he's going to be 11 soon. Which means Amy is either 11 or 12.

So yeah, i dont think 16 year old Sonic should date an 8 year old, even if it is one with an hourglass figure.

Course many people could just as easily argue Sonic's not mature for his chronological age either. ;)

Sally mentioned that although Amy were able to age herself up physically, she was still "very young" mentally.

Sally's really the judge of character in recent years eh? Still, she acknowledges now Amy's maturity so its a moot point.

Edited by Miko
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like Sally. She should stay FOREVER!!!

They should just kill off Sonic. He's been holding the series back for so long. Just make the comic and games all about her.

:blink: What the hell are you talking about?! It's SONIC'S series not Sally's,she really should've died a long time ago! Also she makes no sense,there'd be absolutely no point to anything if it was all about her,she'd just wreck even more things in the comic! :angry: