Awoo.

Slow internet equals no text boxes?

TailsTellsTales

I been noticing that I am unable to get the text box to show up in any theme.  I can only get the text box to appear during around 1a-6a in the morning when the internet use is at its lowest. The text box will not show up at all on posts and status update. By the way here is picture.

g7cl92F.png

As you can tell there are no text box available on it. I think this happens because the internet is slow. Not to mention this being on mobile device using wifi from computer using slow internet rather then computer even though I not checked it on computer. I not know why it does that. I been trying to say Happy Birthday all day but the text box would never show up until recently finally now after trying all day. It does seem messed up this only happens with slow internet use.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have you tried it on your computer? If it still does not work, try moving closer to the router. I am not a WiFi expert, but I have tried this before. I have experienced this only once.

Edited by MB3635

I doubt it's really happening because of slow internet. I've had issues with text boxes simply not loading properly.

Try disabling signatures, that should help a little

Edit: well if it's happening in forum threads at least

Edited by Mando

It doesn't make or break the system, but I have noticed that it is significantly more prominent when my internet is slower.

It happens rather rarely when it's at average speed otherwise

It would make sense that sense textboxes now have to actually load with Javascript (I think) that slower internet connections might have a hard time picking them up.

Regardless, this is a documented glitch with IPB, as we've said before, so it tends to happen regardless of internet speeds.  Thanks, Obama.

The text box is showing up for me all normal right now and not sure why. I guess because there is less internet activity on the weekend to slow the internet down. I am sure it will happen again either today or Monday. It weird but will definitely try it on computer when it happens again. Thank you for your helpful suggestions there!

A lot of times the text box won't load for me after I've had the browser open for a little bit.

Usually, closing the browser and opening it again fixes the problem.