Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Comic!

Ziggyfin

Dude, even if you slacked off at the backgrounds. There's no denying that this was an amazing fancomic, you pretty much perfected Adventure 2's story in terms of its pacing.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

So Issue 2 is being made, but I'm not posting anything yet. I want the quality of this second one to be a lot better! So please be a little patient! :D

In the meantime, here are some Sonic Archie Comic Re-Draws I have done for a portfolio. There are obviously things I need to work on so any criticism is appreciated! 

sonic_archie_re_draw__sth_263_pg1__by_zi

sonic_archie_re_draw__sth_263_pg2__by_zi

sonic_archie_re_draw__sth_263_pg3__by_zi

sonic_archie_re_draw__sth_263_pg4__by_zi

sonic_archie_re_draw__sth_263_pg5__by_zi

• Thumbs Up 7

Whenever I get frustrated or demotivated with my work, I just come back here. Or I just simply remember that this exists. It instantly revitalizes me. You're doing such an impeccable justice to your artistic vision. It's amazing to watch unfold.

• Thumbs Up 1

This adapation is amazing. The whole background thing really doesn't bother me, you're doing this as a love of (terribly time consuming and hard working requiring) labour and you're doing it so well. The writing's fluid, the drawings are striking. Nailed it. 

Hey guys! I'm doing a Q+A over on my Deviantart page! Any questions about anything that you may have for me ask me over there in my journal or ask them here and I'll post the Answer Journal when I get the chance tomorrow or in the next few days! http://ziggyfin.deviantart.com/journal/Ziggyfin-s-Q-A-Journal-584185097

8 hours ago, Faseeh said:

This adapation is amazing. The whole background thing really doesn't bother me, you're doing this as a love of (terribly time consuming and hard working requiring) labour and you're doing it so well. The writing's fluid, the drawings are striking. Nailed it. 

Thanks very much! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

sonic_didn_t_eat_the_cookies_by_ziggyfin

Look! Little teasers! Aaaaaaaaanyways, yeah. I'm just going to be pencilling/inking a big chunk of the pages from Issue 2 and then I'll get them all scanned together when I'm finished. Then once I start coloring I'll post at least one page a week. I can't tell you when I'll be doing that, I'm aiming to be done inking all the pages I have planned by the end of the week, sorry for the delay! I want Part 2 to be a lot better! 

In the meantime, keep refreshing your tabs on Sonic the Comic Online......not sure when the next Issue comes out.....but when it does.....hee hee....

• Thumbs Up 7

20 minutes ago, Ziggyfin said:

sonic_didn_t_eat_the_cookies_by_ziggyfin

Look! Little teasers! Aaaaaaaaanyways, yeah. I'm just going to be pencilling/inking a big chunk of the pages from Issue 2 and then I'll get them all scanned together when I'm finished. Then once I start coloring I'll post at least one page a week. I can't tell you when I'll be doing that, I'm aiming to be done inking all the pages I have planned by the end of the week, sorry for the delay! I want Part 2 to be a lot better! 

In the meantime, keep refreshing your tabs on Sonic the Comic Online......not sure when the next Issue comes out.....but when it does.....hee hee....

Wait, these are handdrawn?!

From how good the quality was, I thought it was done digitally.

Nice cover! think we can see it without the logo and watermark? (or if you need the watermark just make it really small)

You're certainly gifted with colors, man. It's no wonder you're sought out so often for coloring work on other projects. Perhaps I'll have to collab with you sometime.

I continue to be invested in this comic.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Ziggyfin said:

Page 2!

sa2_comic_issue_2_page_2_by_ziggyfin-d9r

I want to point out that you misspelled "hedgehog". Either way, another great page! Keep it up man

• Thumbs Up 1

This comic is amazing. I love its cartoony style, and it is a perfect adaptation of the game! Can't wait to see the next pages, and don't give up! Keep up the good work! ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope you accept criticism. Because here goes:

The emphasis and flow needs work here. Shadow overtaking Sonic is a pretty epic moment. It totally deserves a whole page. To get that slow motion effect, you might want to add two small panels on the same page featuring close ups of Shadow and Sonic's faces 0.5 seconds later. You know, to further emphasize the reaction.

And... Sonic shouldn't be able to have that much dialogue on the second panel. Its like he's saying all that in one second. It would be better if you shifted the dialogue in the first panel to the second, so that the first panel would emphasize more on Sonic's shock. But then you would need to make the second panel smaller, or draw from a different angle for either the first or second panel.

Btw, messy and/or even more epic scenes warrant the use of two pages and landscape. So dont be afraid to use them in future comics. 

The build up, which is the previous page, is pretty good. It allows the reader to have a sense of space. And Shadow's speed later.

• Thumbs Up 4

I hope you accept criticism. Because here goes:

Hidden Content

Of course I accept criticism! A lot of making this comic is so I can improve my work :D

Thank you! I'm definitely new to planning out panels/writing so this helps! And yeah, 2 pagers are epic and frightening at the same time :)

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

There's a bit of a delay with the next batch of pages but I hope this re-color of an Archie Sonic page will tide you over for a little bit! There's another artwork coming up that's not Sonic today as well!

waves_of_change__re_color__by_ziggyfin-d

• Thumbs Up 5