Awoo.

Broken URLs?

CF3635

Hi guys, I have just encountered a bug when I was browsing through the topics and saw a couple of URLs. What actually happened? My internet connection was strong when I was reading through a topic when a person is to give a YouTube URL to load a video. Some are invisible, some are not.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CF3635

• Tara

Top Posters In This Topic

The URL's are only converted into embedded videos during the process of posting, not when the member is viewing the topic.  That means there are a few, completely innocuous, reasons for this to happen.

• The posts were added prior to the recent upgrade.
  • IPB didn't recognize them as YouTube links, which is prone to happen from time to time.
  • They pasted the URL and clicked the post button before it was turned into a video.

It's not a big deal, and for the most part isn't really a glitch.

The URL's are only converted into embedded videos during the process of posting, not when the member is viewing the topic.  That means there are a few, completely innocuous, reasons for this to happen.

• The posts were added prior to the recent upgrade.
  • IPB didn't recognize them as YouTube links, which is prone to happen from time to time.
  • They pasted the URL and clicked the post button before it was turned into a video.

It's not a big deal, and for the most part isn't really a glitch.

Thanks! Let me check back again.