Awoo.

The Sonic Stadium's 15th Anniversary!!! [24 OCT 2015]

Dreadknux

you hella old

Man, 15 years, huh? I'm trying to remember exactly when I started following the main site... I think it was around 9-10 years ago? I was 8 or 9. I remember seeing n00neimp0rtant's Sonic Blast! mashup on the main news page once. And I think there was something called SOAH that linked from here? I have terrible memory so I might be wrong. XP

Anyways, happy birthday, TSS!

• Thumbs Up 2

If TSS is 15. Does this mean TSS is going to sleep for most of the day, notice hair where there was no hair before, considers asking Miss TSS to the prom, thinks his mustache is totally grown up and cool, and knows exactly what Sonic needs... DARKNESS!

Oh hey for us old guys... there are probably users here who were not born when you registered in TSS/SSMB... well have fun with that one. I'll be over here thinking about the old days. When you couldn't upload large images and had to make a post explaining why you wanted to be a member of TSS... those where the days....

• Thumbs Up 9

It's funny how the site I lurk on the most and check up on - even on those days when there's barely any activity going on -  it always happens to be Sonic Stadium.

And I love not just the main news site itself, but the SSMB just as much, I remember back before registering, I'd read discussions after discussions as I'd stare at the awesome stuff the people here on SSMB would make .

I'm  happy to see it at it turning 15, Happy Birthday TSS (and SSMB), ya' time sucking black hole, you! :U

whydidikeepmentioningSSMBholycrap

Edited by Alex2Beta
Some mistakes I had to edit out.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh hey for us old guys...

there are probably users here who were not born when you registered in TSS/SSMB.

.. well have fun with that one. I'll be over here thinking about the old days. When you couldn't upload large images and had to make a post explaining why you wanted to be a member of TSS... those where the days....

I started off thinking "damn, TSS is older than some members", then I read that. Thanks.

Member since April 2004 here people, I pray Hoggy's wrong!

I remember registering in that short period between a newbies-specfic training forum and the introductory post. After about a month the site was taken down by Slimy G and we moved to EZ Boards for a while. We returned soon after of course, but that's all Dreadknux's tale to tell.

I've never been a particurlay active poster, but those first 3-4 years were my most prominent. There was the supposed period where rules were "tightened", though I never noticed a difference. We got the infamous Nazi Rap back then, which just seemed to go on forever, with helluva lot of "check its". Wish one of us had thought to preserve that masterpiece.

There's been all the hypes for Sonic game after Sonic game, the inevitable gripings for Sonic game after Sonic game and 2 waves of new console generations with thankfully minimal fanboyism.

A Fluff Forum, a Clans Forum, a Mr SSMB thread (still can't believe that last one actually happened) and profiles that would play MIDI Music. A lot has changed in my time, that's for sure. And this is just SSMB, not TSS as a whole! Don't get me started on Sega Smash Cards...

• Thumbs Up 1

does this mean ssmb will be ready to announce shadow as its favourite game when it comes to november?

>also has only been here for a year and a half at most.

But happy 15th birthday TSS/SSMB!

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well now, The Sonic Stadium reaches fifteen. I've only been here for four of those years [two non-registered], but it was great catching up on all things Sonic the Hedgehog. May the website continue to be the magical portal all Sonic fans come to for their daily discussions.

Also, does this mean come the 20th we get TSS Generations?

• Thumbs Up 2

15 GODDAMN YEARS!

It's only a couple of weeks(?) when Sonic Paradox turned 10 and now here we are with this place's 15th! The Year of Sonic Fansites, I say!

I've gotta say being part of the forums has been a pretty big change on my life, I've made a lot of god friends and learned quite a lot about the series itself as well. 

Can't really say much but can't wait to see TSS Boom be a thing in the future!

• Thumbs Up 5

TSS '06?

But seriously, Happy Birthday TSS! Same age as my sister (scary, really). I only joined this year and hardly know all that much about this site. But it's welcoming and cool.

• Thumbs Up 5

WHAT THE FUCK

THIS PLACE IS OLDER THAN ME

Oh hey for us old guys... there are probably users here who were not born when you registered in TSS/SSMB... well have fun with that one. I'll be over here thinking about the old days. When you couldn't upload large images and had to make a post explaining why you wanted to be a member of TSS... those where the days....

well howdy there

Happy early birthday, Sonic Stadium :D

• Thumbs Up 9

When I joined TSS the site was only 11 years old....... Now 15 years old and as strong as ever. I know I haven't been posting much over the last year or so, but TSS is a great site, as are the members who of course make it so good!

To think Sonic & Knuckles just had it's 21st anniversary and Sonic 1 gets it's 25th anniversary next year. Let's hope it's a damn good one!

Happy 15th birthday!

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy anniversary SSMB! I have only been here for 1 and half years, and I got to say I absolutely love it here! I have made great friends, I'm apart of a wonderful community known as the Sonic community, which has a lot of cool people! And lastly SSMB is a great place to be a Sonicfan! :) 

• Thumbs Up 4

Happy '15 Sonic Stadium! Despite joining a year ago, it still feels like I've been here for quite a long time and at least I got to meet a lot of members here and I'm glad to be a part of it. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Remember when Dreadknux was going to sell TSS to an Itallian cheff named Diago?

//Too old a reference.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I wonder if I'm the only one here in this thread who first got wind of TSS through their (pretty much dead outside one still-ongoing show) SegaSonic Radio? Because yeah that was my officially entry into the whole site. Around 2007 I also started lurking SSMB as an outsider looking in; but I was mostly sticking to the main site, the IRC and SSR. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Congratulations on 15 years Sonic Stadium! I came here when trying to meet up with people and I was thinking that since Sonic series was so special to me that I try to sign on here. Been here 2 years and hope things continue on. I am surprised and pleased so many still have such strong passion for the series here!

• Thumbs Up 3

I may only have been here for a year or so, it's gonna be awesome celebrating 15 years with you guys!

Happy birthday, SSMB!

May your 15th anniversary be better than Sonic's!

• Thumbs Up 5

Happy (Early) birthday Sonic Stadium! Can't believe you're 15 years old. I've only been here for around two of those years if you  check out my profile. And that timeline idea sounds good Dreadknux. And, I've met plenty of good people during my time on this place so far. That's all I have to say about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been fun these two years, SSMB. I definitely haven't forgotten a lot of the cool shit I've done with so many of my friends on here.

I'm excited for the new updates/changes you'll roll out to the site, it'll definitely help with celebrating quite the feat.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow 15 years. Correction: 15 happy years. I've only been here for 2 years and I've loved my time here. I would love to have been here when the site first opened. I would love to have seen this site grow into what it is today. Haha I'm just thinking of people 15 years ago on they're MAC '95's like "Wow this site is so RAD!!!! Sonic is so cool. I can't wait for Sonic Adventure 2 so I can play it on my Dreamcast the best system ever that people will still be talking about and playing 15 years from now.". No one probably said that or still said rad 15 years ago or even still used they're MAC '95's (I don't really know that much about old computers so I don't know about early 2000's computers) but you get what I mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my... I didn't know that this website is 15 years old! Happy anniversary, Sonic Stadium! :)

Yeah... I am 14 years old, so this page is older than me. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 2

SSMB, the edgy Sonic Retro, and newcomer Silverforums star in the brand new game to celebrate TSS 15th anniversary.

SSMB must protect Princess Sega Forums from the evil Dr. YouTube who is trying to unleash the flames of disaster from Princess Sega Forums.

Sonic Retro is on a mission of his own, where he discovers and must stop 4chan the Dark from manipulating our heroes to do his biding. 4chans constant leaking powers prove a threat to Retro and the others.

Oh, and Silverforums is a tool that thinks SSMB is the meme trigger due to 4chan "leaking" something to him and now wants to kill SSMB.

TSS The Message Board(SSMB 06)

• Thumbs Up 4