Awoo.

The Sonic Stadium's 15th Anniversary!!! [24 OCT 2015]

Dreadknux

My celebration for this landmark of the Sonic community was a twofer:  a review and play through of Shadow the Hedgehog on the Dolphin emulator.  My review can be found on my deviantArt, and I actually played the game with Rory's blackice comment, Psyguy's "Swords have ammo" comment in his PSN release review back in 2013, and the elephant in the room being the 4Kids voices.  It was much better than I thought, but Lost Impact can go to hell.

I went to a relative's birthday party earlier and had some cake.

On topic; I certainly had my ups and downs around here. Most of the downs are my own fault, however. I maintain a miserable 2014 at least played a part in it, though I had also jumped into this whole forum thing late. I like to think I've matured...but I also think there's still growing up to do.

When 2015 came, those idiotic outbursts have decreased. I've started to feel more like a part of this place. I want to thank people like Failinhearts, Pink Cat, Ryannumber1Gamer, and many others for making me feel like I belong here. I am glad to have met you all, and I hope this place can live longer and prosper.

• Thumbs Up 6

A 15 year anniversary? As a 2005-er, that makes me feel rather old. xD Regardless, I mainly appreciate this place as a general hub for in-depth Sonic discussion. Considering the franchise and subsequently the fanbase has been through the wringer over the years, it's awesome to have a place where in general you can like the weirder things or go into detail and not be chastised for that so long as you're cool about it. In the sea of drudgery that is Internet discussion, particularly when concerning games, I can honestly say TSS and SSMB is a breath of fresh air. I also like the eagerness of people to cultivate fun past times and events on their own time. From Ryan and co's Game Nights to Felix's Movie Nights to Pink Cat's roleplays to Crusher's 30 Days of Sonic and the other events and projects we've had, there's a genuine investment in the people to make this place lively and worth visiting which is a testament to our a passion that's seems constantly underestimated. And of course, staff is awesome. We've had our differences and fuck-ups with you guys for sure, but we bust our asses for this place because we're just as passionate as you are. And they've kept me sane during the low points and had my back when I felt unsure of things. I wouldn't trade any of these guys for the world, and I honestly hope you guys feel the same about them. 

So that's my emotional spiel. Happy Birthday TSS! Since this is a birthday and all, I bring a present!

2015_10_24_SonicStadiumWallpaper_1024x76

I call this little piece "Checkpoint." Let's see how far we can go, eh? =P

If you want it as a desktop wallpaper, here's some different sizes. Let me know if anything's borked or if you want another size. x3  

1600x1200

1280x1040

1024x768

800x600

I would like one in 1920 X 1080

Happy birthday SSMB! I have loads of memories with this site, especially back when I joined in 2011 with all the Generations hype buzzing around. Nowadays, I mainly lurk around this place, but despite that, I still end up visiting it at least once a day, making it one of the sites I visit and love the most. 

As I said before, I had no idea this site was so old. I remember discovering site around 2011 but I've finally decided to become a member a year ago. 

I may be a newbie here but I like this place. It's comfy and nice.  I'll stick around for many years ahead....maybe. :v

Happy 15th anniversary ssmb. I would do a anniversary art piece for the community but I was too busy with other things. Maybe next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy birthday, SSMB! I must say, for the short time I've been here, this place has been one of the kindest and most accepting forums I've ever seen. The SSMBis a great place.

Here's to many more!

• Thumbs Up 1

*sigh*  It's definately been quite the ride for TSS.  Hell, I still remember when I subscribed to the Sonic Hour on iTunes.  My personal favorite moment was when Scend, Rory, and Allen were discussing how Robotnik's design changed in Sonic '06 (He was on the Atkins diet... it worked) and Allen's rant about how "It was good when he just stood on a bloody button, laughin' at you as you fell down the friggin' cliff". Or possibly Svend summing up all of Eggman's plots up to Unleashed as being "'I'm going to build a robot and destroy the world!' and then at the very end he's like 'Oh no! My robot's taken over! Help me~!'" and then with Sonic '06, when "Sonic died, and then all of the sudden... 'Oh no! I know what we should do:  snog 'im! Go on!  I'll get my camera...  Yosh!'"

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, while we're at it, me and Klonoa might as well announce our little SSMB 15th Anniversary Surprise.

So, it's TSS/SSMB's 15th Anniversary, Game Night was made for SSMB Community, that's cool I guess...

And it's Halloween, and Zombies are part of Halloween.

*a hand pops out of SSMB*

Wait, could it be....

GAME NIGHT'S REVIVED!

Alright, let's try this in a less silly, cryptic, and spooky way. GAME NIGHT IS BACK FOR A VERY SPECIAL EVENT! BECAUSE GAME NIGHT IS GOING TO BE CELEBRATING TWO THINGS THIS MONTH!

First is of course, TSS and SSMB's 15th Anniversary, which is why we've chosen this day to announce it to you all! Come celebrate the antics of our favourite hedgehog Sanic why we play some video games!

Secondly is the spooky month of Halloween, which is what this month's games are gonna be based around. What's the first game? Well what game's F2P and is practically famous for it's Halloween events?

zombies-610x502.jpg

Valve have brought back all six Halloween maps back for Team Fortress 2 this year, and we're gonna be playing them this time. It's free 2 play and an amazing game to get into the Halloween mood, so get TF2 downloading on Steam and get it ready for Halloween Hyjinks! 

But what if you want a more co-op experience? If you want a true survival game to get through the spooky night of tricks and or tricks? Well our Encore Event is going to be...

Left4Dead2.jpg

SO COME JOIN YOUR FELLOW SSMBERS ON THE 31st OF OCTOBER FOR SOME FUN HALLOWEEN ANTICS, AND CELEBRATE THE GOOD OLD TSS/SSMB TURNING 15!

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to thank Colours for getting me involved with the online community. Found this site after desperately wanting more news regarding that game. Lurked around until 2013, a mere week or two before Lost World's reveal. These past 2 years have been a blur. A blue one, if you wil-*shot*

But seriously, I've had tons of fond memories and good times with you guys, here and off the site. You know who you are. I'm sorry for not being so talkative with you lot now, but I still treasure our moments together.

Let's keep on trucking and hope we're still around for another 15 years! God help us if we do...

I might as well say something myself. This place has changed me a lot despite me only being here for 5 and some months. I have to say this is probably one of the most pleasant groups of people on the internet. Everyone here is truly spectacular in their own way. Seriously I can probably say at least 5 or 6 good things about everyone I have talked to here and I think that is very impressive. 

I remember my first time coming around here, and it was just by chance I guess. It was a topic about Eggman's eyes. 

I spent a few years just lurking around reading topics, and getting a feel for the place. And for some reason I decided to join on Friday, May 8th. I think it was around 5:45 PM or something. I spent the first month just looking at topics and posting in The Green Hill Zone before I became more sociable with people in the status updates and it's all history from there. I wasn't really imagining I would still be here when I first became a member. I thought I would just makes a few topics, talk in some and then disappear after a few weeks, but I stayed (as you can see. :P) I guess I have changed in those months a bit. 

I'm not the kind of person to make lists of everyone I find awesome, so I will just say thank you to everyone here. Like seriously, from the bottom of my heart, thanks guys. 

Oh, and happy 15th, SSMB. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Now I have a goal for the 20th anniversary, if we get that far:  Make Grimley the Chao in both GCN and Dreamcast Sonic Adventure titles.

Never Forget

powerrun.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't said anything in this thread yet and I'm one of the older members! Sheese talk about setting an example!

So I've been with this site since 2008? 2007? I can't remember, though I do remember seeing the announcement of Shadow on TSS at least so there's that. I've been a lurker on the site since I discovered this place had all the info on Sonic. When I finally got the balls to join in I didn't know what was waiting for me. I didn't really expect to get too attached to this community until now. I've never really left this place, despite my claims of going to because you guys always bring me back in some way. I may have lost interest in Sonic as a whole but because of him and this site I've met a lot of memorable people here.

I wish I could list them all but there's just too many people who made the community for me. Some have left, some are still around contributing to this site more. I know I've quieted down a bit but after seeing nearly 2 server wipes and having spats here and there I have no choice but to watch this community grow stronger. I've even helped a few folks with their problems and if I can make a difference in some way I feel proud of myself since that's sort of a life goal for me. And I will also say I've never seen such strong debates until I've met you guys. Heck even I learned a few things from here and that's not a bad thing at all. Everyone here makes TSS and SSMB fun for me and hopefully I bring that back to the table.

As for the future, I do plan on staying here and do my best to be one of the most outstanding members here. I mean I'm pretty infamous now but hey I like to give people a show. And for TSS and SSMB I'm sure it will keep thriving for years to come. If all these awesome people backing it up, I'm sure it will see more than a 20th anniversary. I can't really speak what's in store for us but hey, let us write a future, one to tell for the ages.

~Crow T. BOOLET

15 year huh? Congratulations on it! I've been here since about 05/06 and man its been a bumpy road (Remember when the site utterly crashed and all we had was a page advertising the newly announced M&SatOG? We all thought it was a prank :-P) but we all made it together! Now go do your homework SSMB or you can't go out with your friends.

It's hard to believe TSS has been around that long, even for someone like me who's been visiting the site for about 12 of those 15 years.

I can't remember the exact time I joined the forums, but I do know for a fact that I was on TSS as early as 2002 / '03. I distinctly remember news about Heroes, and everything Sonic from that point on. I haven't really thought about it much until now, but this site is a huge part of my internet experience, starting way back when my age wasn't even in double digits. And all things considered, both good and bad, I wouldn't change a thing. Well, okay, maybe some of the bad things, but...you know what I mean. I honestly can't imagine my life on the information superhighway without the Sonic Stadium.

Happy (sorta late b/c it's 1am) anniversary! Let's aim for another 15 years, eh? Wonder how different things will be then compared to now, let alone the very beginning.

• Thumbs Up 2

Congratulations guys!
15 years is an eternity in Internet years.
Keep it up.

Despite being active within the Sonic internet world myself for over a decade, I haven't interacted much with Sonic Stadium till the last year. Oh well. Had a blast at a couple Summer of Sonic's at least.

• Thumbs Up 5