Awoo.

Sega apologises to fans (hints at a old styled Sonic game?)

Rey Skywalker-Ren

...I don't understand how someone can see how much attention Tails was given in LW's story and not be sure why he was in it.

To be fair, it wasn't until the end of the game, where Tails shut down Eggman's machine, that he did anything worth remembering in Lost World.

I mean, outside of his plane crashing on the Lost Hex, Tails didn't really do anything of note in the game, until the end.

Edited by D.H
  • Thumbs Up 2

...I don't understand how someone can see how much attention Tails was given in LW's story and not be sure why he was in it. 

I juat thought his presense wasnt needed and he didnt do anything other then be snarky and blame Sonic.

To be fair, it wasn't until the end of the game, where Tails shut down Eggman's machine, that he did anything worth remembering in Lost World.

I mean, outside of his plane crashing on the Lost Hex, Tails didn't really do anything of note in the game, until the end.

If you think purely in terms of "does this help save the world?", maybe. But the story wasn't just about saving the world.

Yeah it was............... the Deadly 6 want to take over the world??

excactly. 

plus I hated him in that game. ugh

The Deadly Six wasn't the only conflict in the story.

The other conflict was between Sonic and Tails, with Tails feeling undermined by Sonic's decision to team up with Eggman.

Another conflict was with Sonic and his internal faults and biases as he had to deal with the fallout of his being impatient.

There's a minimum of three conflicts in LW's story. =/

• Thumbs Up 3

Except the thing with Sonic and Tails make no sense to me and it come from nowhere. He never say he didnt trust Tails at all. 

We can argue about the quality of Lost World's plot. But that's not the point- the point is that the game has multiple conflicts and thus has multiple themes. As a result, several characters are necessary for the story as it exists to work. Tails somehow not being necessary to saving the world doesn't mean he's not necessary in an argument involving him and Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 6

We can argue about the quality of Lost World's plot. But that's not the point- the point is that the game has multiple conflicts and thus has multiple themes. As a result, several characters are necessary for the story as it exists to work. Tails somehow not being necessary to saving the world doesn't mean he's not necessary in an argument involving him and Sonic.

I understand. I do think that the game only need Sonic, Eggman and the D6 i can nuderstand

I really don't think this is entirely true. Their gameplay was probably the most significant issue, but I think there's a good number of people who don't like or don't care about the characters as characters either. Especially around Heroes or so when the cast bloat was at its worst and they were doing a very poor job of making all the new and returning characters likable or interesting.

This is kind of besides the overall point I was making. Even assuming the cast bloat is that dire (which is something I see less an issue of bloat and more a problem with not actually doing anything interesting with them, especially if we're making Sonic "Everyone Is Clones" Heroes of all games out as an example, but hey, agree to disagree), this conclusion arguably still wasn't reached by analyzing their own faults or any rational arguments sent their way - they just threw in whatever the loudest fans were shouting and left it at that.

Again, the vast majority of us aren't game designers, so it's important that most of our suggestions be taken at least with a pinch of salt if not a goddamned bucketful. And it's important to understand why we're asking what we ask of them to boot, because it's just as likely to be built on fallacies as it is on any objective merit.

• Thumbs Up 7