Awoo.

SEGA hosting Sonic Lost World Launch Party

PickleBrows

Well, this is an odd one. SEGA are having a little event on Saturday to celebrate Lost World's PC release next week.

To celebrate the release of Sonic Lost World on Steam, we would like to invite you to our community party! We are giving SEGA fans an exclusive first look at the game ahead of the release on November 2nd. You will have the chance to play the game & meet our new community manager Dan Sheridan. There will be chances to win prizes on the day. The first 50 attendees through the door will get a SEGA goody bag featuring the Sonic Hat as seen in the SEGA Central videos. Bonus rings are awarded for fancy dress! Themed refreshments will be provided! 

If you have any questions about this event, email the team: community@sega.co.uk

WHEN
Saturday, 31 October 2015 from 14:00 to 20:00 (GMT) 
WHERE
Loading Bar - 97 Stoke Newington Rd London, London N16 8BX GB

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sega-community-party-featuring-sonic-lost-world-tickets-19167415255

I don't think anybody was expecting anything like this. Still, sounds like it'll be a good time if you can get along to it.

What does everybody make of this?

EDIT: Just noticed the homepage already has this covered. Figured it merited a topic of its own but the mods can have the final word.

We are giving SEGA fans an exclusive first look at the game ahead of the release on November 2nd

>Shows the game on a Wii U

HAHAHA, I wonder how different it'll be? It's not like the game's been out since 2013 or anything. 

Well, that's cool I guess. To bad I'm goddamn ocean apart and thousands of miles in-land in Texas, but okay.

Excited to see the game though. I'm picking up a new laptop soon, so I'll pick up a copy for the sake of it.

I find this odd, why so much a big deal over a port of a new-ish game?

Sounds like fun anyway, too bad I kind of doubt I can get there. I guess I could catch a train then get a taxi but that would probably set me back about £100

I find this odd, why so much a big deal over a port of a new-ish game?

Technically the first mainstream Sonic game since 2012 to be released outside of Nintendo device territory. 

You can bet there are  folks chomping at the bit to play this one to make up for the wait of whatever the next game will be. 

Bit of an are added bonus considering the wonders of PC modding in store. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux is also going. Any other SSMBrs going? Want to pitch in for a shot of rum and emeralds?

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course it's in London.

Why would it ever be something I can attend? =(

I'd keep up hope that SEGA America would do something similar (they did do a few smaller events like the Colors skating and Sonic Generations skating events), but they seem a bit more profit-minded when it comes to community things.

On the plus side, this just means more time to save money for next year's Sonic Boom event!

I find it kinda funny that they're hosting a party for a game that's essentially already been out for 2 years. Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing.

Imagine if this was done for every re-release of a Sonic game. There'd be Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 parties left right & center.

• Thumbs Up 7

Launch parties build up excitement so that folks will buy their product, usually. It's more of a thing to build buzz about a game then to make them money directly. 

For everyone who's going, can you guys tell us about  the quality of the PC port ? 

For everyone who's going, can you guys tell us about  the quality of the PC port ? 

Hm, I think it is a good sign... maybe SEGA finally understood what's good for Sonic and its community?

Yes.

I'll also be tweeting live updates on my own twitter feed on the day too.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there's cake at the party, please give me some!

I'm looking forward to the port, but I'm going to wait awhile in case it's a glitchy mess (which I hope it's not).

Yes.

I'll also be tweeting live updates on my own twitter feed on the day too.

Please, check Options menu if you can. Options menu is important. :rolleyes: I'd like to at least know if it uses a launcher or not.

Urm yeah... I'll just be checking mainly how well it runs. Does it do anything stupid?  How are the controls since there's no touch pad now etc etc.

I'm not going to be playing with the options. Mainly because this will almost certainly be a demo build and most options/customisation will likely be restricted if indeed have any public access at all.

• Thumbs Up 7