Awoo.

SEGA hosting Sonic Lost World Launch Party

PickleBrows

Hey Hogdad, if you get the chance to talk with a PR or something, would you mind to ask about the 25th or the whole "back to roots" thing? Awesome, thanks!

My concern is compatability with Optimus. Nvidia never made an Optimus profile for Generations, which meant screwing around in the driver profiles just to use the GPU. Which is pretty annoying.

*Sings* I'm the only one at the party! I'm the only one at the party! Lala lala I'm the only one at the party!

If that doesn't change, this is painful.

I can understand random meetup events not getting much in the way of attendance, but if an official event, however small, only gets one or two...

Lesson learned: short notice is not a good way to ensure good turnout.

I would have thought that would be fairly... well, going without saying, but it seems not.

I'm actually not surprised that so few people showed up.  This was a pretty last minute thing, and it wasn't too heavily promoted from what I know, so I don't think a huge turnout was expected.  Less than ten people still seems pretty bad though.

Definitely has me interested in seeing how the game controls better on the PC, though, and how it controls differently in the absence of the touch pad.

There's about 20 people here now. Including one Dreadknux.

Oh and... the Bar is free! 

I'm actually not surprised that so few people showed up.  This was a pretty last minute thing, and it wasn't too heavily promoted from what I know, so I don't think a huge turnout was expected.  Less than ten people still seems pretty bad though.

The most damning thing is the fact that Sega didn't bother to invite a couple of journalists *coughpcgamerrockpapershotguncough* over to do a preview on the PC port.

The most damning thing is the fact that Sega didn't bother to invite a couple of journalists *coughpcgamerrockpapershotguncough* over to do a preview on the PC port.

Of course they didn't, it's much easier to just send those guys a review code. :V

By the way, any impressions of the PC version? I already saw a couple of people on Twitter say that they improved the controls, which is surprising cause I didn't expect them to improve anything.

Edited by TimmiT

So this might be the definitive version of the game? Good going, SEGA! I was honestly expecting nothing but better graphics, but better controls? Oh joy!

Left the party. 

Will be writing up a full detail either tomorrow or Monday.

Here are my initial thoughts.

Better on PC by miles.

Controls are better on PC due to no game pad.  Feels so much more natural to play, will explain this more later because it's not quite what you think.

Port runs VERY well. Constant 60fps. If it does did. I never noticed.

Nights DLC seems to be built into the base game.

There are some 'annoying' problems. Not major. But annoying. Will explain later.

Not sure if this is due to a demo. But the options menus are very basic.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, what kind of hardware were they running this on? The target specs? Laptops? A 5960X with a Titan X? I mean, I have no doubt that the game can run smooth, I'm just wondering what it was being run on.

PCs. No idea on the specs. But they were high end with latest Nividia cards on apparently £900 monitors.

I do hope this doesn't translate into massive lag on my computer a la Generations...

...is the parkour system better in this one? I know it was finnicky as Hell in the Wii U version to a point that I didn't even use it.

Jesus. No wonder then. The game would run 60fps no matter what resolution you throw it at, the real bottleneck would be the fact that connectivity standards can only support up to 5k resolution.

I do hope this doesn't translate into massive lag on my computer a la Generations...

What kind of CPU are you rocking? I had some slowdown on Generations on my 2.6ghz Phenom at the skyscraper section, but I noticed guys using newer CPU's had no trouble with it.

By the way, the port would have to be really messy if it couldn't run at 60fps on what I assume is good hardware that they had at the event, considering that the Wii U version runs at that framerate while seemingly never dipping below it. :V

Jesus. No wonder then. The game would run 60fps no matter what resolution you throw it at, the real bottleneck would be the fact that connectivity standards can only support up to 5k resolution.

What kind of CPU are you rocking? I had some slowdown on Generations on my 2.6ghz Phenom at the skyscraper section, but I noticed guys using newer CPU's had no trouble with it.

Apparently a poor one. I got it only two years ago or so. The slowdown was most evident in Speed Highway, so maybe that stage just is terrible for framerate.

Apparently a poor one. I got it only two years ago or so. The slowdown was most evident in Speed Highway, so maybe that stage just is terrible for framerate.

If you actually go to your task manager and look under "Performance", it'll actually tell you what kind of CPU you have and how fast it's going, as well as how much utilization it has, and other tidbits.